crossbow vs bow

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Malia
Sojourner

crossbow vs bow

Postby Malia » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:51 am

ok since tia reward included a crossbow i did a little playing with it. as 40 ranger i can only get it to fire 2x per round vs a bow at 3x per round.

didnt know if that was a bug or not, or if its just meant to not be as good as a bow. Maybe there are some advantages i didnt see.

The amount of cool quarrels in game isnt a big deal im sure they will get put in as new zones come in but its anoying right at the moment =).

It is nice to see a diffrent weapon in the game and usauble one at that. Thanks again for all the hard work put into Tia, its been fun both trips.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:46 pm

since the games based on D&D, I wonder if it's cuz ROF of crossbow is relatively slow. Crossbows sure can thump much harder tho iirc. Wonder if the game's cbs are like that.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:34 pm

damnit i hate thanksgiving and i hate christmas (and christmas shopping) for keeping me from the damn tia runs!
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:37 pm

Well a crossbow would sure be harder to reload, but on that note.. the way they're setup it is more power in some senses.. they should have some form of +damage over a bow.. exactly how to impliment where that damage should go and in what form is another question, because a crossbow wouldn't have the range of a longbow ..

Then it gets more confusing because shortbow's don't either.. but since range isn't a set thing in mud .. well.. shrugs .. I'm sure crossbow's shot stray upto 3 rooms away as well.
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:21 am

as the crossbow has "a bit more thump to it" why not give all cross bows the ability to ignore missile shield?
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:37 pm

You get more accuracy and penetration from a crossbow over a longbow/shortbow/compoundbow.

Ok, I opened the door for irrelevant threads about <i>penetration</i> so have yourself a ball.
Io

Olit tells you '2000hrs on each of your 5 corpses'
Dugmaren responds to your petition with 'It'd be less spammy if you just deleted again.'
Lilithelle says 'to divine most peoples fates you need to read palms or tea leaves, but in ionari's you just read the corpses'
Alurissi tells you 'no, you're not safe, you're a suicide machine'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:43 pm

all this is good imput, but still dont solve the fact that any bow out there just about is doing more damage then a tia crossbow. Any comments from the powers to be would be appreciated. If crossbows are going to only fire 2 per round then make them hit harder ALOT harder. Just tell me to be patient if its beeing looked at or just to deal with it so i can put it on auction block for someone who wants to play with it. Thanks =)
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:47 pm

It is being looked into. There are plans for those kinds of items. At this moment, thats all I'll share simply because the rest would be Shevy's to say.

Hope it helped even ... at all.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:24 am

perhaps you are using poor ammunition for it
Io

Olit tells you '2000hrs on each of your 5 corpses'

Dugmaren responds to your petition with 'It'd be less spammy if you just deleted again.'

Lilithelle says 'to divine most peoples fates you need to read palms or tea leaves, but in ionari's you just read the corpses'

Alurissi tells you 'no, you're not safe, you're a suicide machine'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”