Attn: Forgers. Quick question

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lilira
Sojourner

Attn: Forgers. Quick question

Postby Lilira » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:28 am

I would like to know if there are ANY plans (even in the distant future) for any kind of kingdom code. I don't want anything majorly fancy, just the possibility of buying a house and customizing it? It would give those folks with a bazillion plats something to buy into, and frankly, I'd make more effort to make platinum if I had it to work towards.

Oh and perhaps trade? It would give some folks something to do when they're not zoning or XPing their 50th alt. No idea if trade is part of the kingdom code, but I'd like to see it reimplemented if it can be untangled.

Can one of you three pretty please comment?

Thanks.
anarii
Sojourner

Postby anarii » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:21 am

and a use for prestige! love this idea!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:57 pm

No uses for prestige please until it reflects your accomplishments rather than your level.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:10 pm

Yes. We're in the process of writing up plans for exactly that: a kingdom/guild/trade code that allows for the use of player designed houses/castles, and uses both platinum and prestige. It's actually why we introduced prestige in the first place eons ago. I have NO idea on the ETA, but it is certainly something we're slowly working on (although there are other large coding projects being worked on as well). Hopefully something will be introduced in 2006. Happy New Year btw!
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:40 pm

You must bow down. When Cyric makes a post you know something has to be good.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:58 am

Thank you so much for answering Cyric!!!

Happy holidays, and a great New Year to you too!
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:11 pm

I'd like to comment great job to Forgers on a great game.

However, the biggest implementation in the game (Tiamat) I think was counter-productive in a grand scheme as things as the playerbase is old-school heavy and zoning has decreased (yet again) b/c the question:

"Why do any other zone except Tiamat if Tiamat eq is end-all eq?" - which is perfectly legitimate if you look at all the great slots Tia eq can fill and how it can alter a whole previously "perfect" eq set.

Esp zones like IC2, Magma which takes almost +1/2 time and gives less than like-artifact-type like eq Tiamat gives, rendering these zones obsolete.

Especially if after or preparing for Tiamat means mindless xp to prep your level 50 char for Tia which is >>> than zoning in any established zone.

Since *personal* eq advancement is currently the only avenue of player advancement, something like Kingdom Code implemented in such a way to include: eq, plat, and prestige sinks can really help boost the game.

So just to comment, a policy decision instead of a coding might be a faster avenue to implement something at least part of what Kingdom Code is about in an expedient manner, b/c I really believe that this could be a bigger boost to the game (even compared to Tia before Tia went in).

Thanks!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”