Curses!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Curses!

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:27 pm

Psych! Anyway, I'd like to reQUEST a quest that yields any weapon of your choice cursed, but without curseitem's 1 die penalty. Even would have a storyline that said mob doesn't like fumbling things and with your help, can come up with a way to !drop them w/o penalty. So, in return he makes your item !drop.

Idea was fueled by volume of fumbled weapons at max proficiency. *grumble* A shame that there are very nice weaps out there that aren't !drop from the getgo.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:40 pm

But then there would be nerfage because the world is incapable of having weapons that are both uber AND !drop. It has nothing to do with arbitrarily setting an unreasonable difficulty level and refusing to own up to that fact, and instead disingenuously calling it mere "consequences."

Am I being facetious or expressing my true view? Honestly I'm not entirely sure.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:42 pm

I think it is an atrocity of the highest magnitude that 50th level Warriors, Rogues, and Rangers are incapable of engaging in combat for longer than 20 seconds without dropping their primary weapons on the ground.

This is one of those things I hear about and go, "You mean they didn't fix this in 1997?"
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:44 pm

I sorta agree, Ragorn.

Just get ready to hear whining from certain corners about how we want things easier than they did. As if that has anything to do with anything.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:23 pm

Just curse your khanjari and move on.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:27 pm

I don't have khanji's and I'm not ever gonna bother questing them :P With MY luck, by the time I get them, they'll finally be seen as overpowered - which they incredibly are :( Hell, surt scimitar ain't 5H!T compared to khanji..You won't see warriors solo'g with a pair of the scims as you do seeing rogues with their khanji's.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:54 am

8)

Fumbling isn't silly- don't you remember all those fantasy novels and movies where the hero is constantly dropping his weapon like it was a greased up lake sturgeon?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:06 am

Yeah, how'd that one movie go? "I'll be back! Uh, and when I do, I won't drop my piece. This I swear!"
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:42 pm

I can remember Mystra stating in some fashion that
if you had mastered the weapon and where level 50
and had high dex you would 'rarely' fumble. (ah good times)

Well Id like to open the !drop can of worms.
I think !drop, should be !drop not !bag.

Id also like a period of time where by any weapon
that was cursed by a player to make it !drop, be reinstated
to its precursed state, when the !bag !drop issue is
resolved.
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:43 pm

I think the quest idea has real merit if the powers that be insist on fumbling by level 50 masters.

Having !drop items be baggable would sort of kill the whole "cursed" idea unless a new flag for cursed items was added, yes? Of course, that idea has promise as well... maybe then cursed items could not only be !bag but also leap into your hand once in a while just to piss you off (perhaps making you drop your favored weapon for an actual reason) :D

Vadian
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:55 pm

This issue is being addressed in an upcoming project.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:00 pm

cursed items should screw your stats somehow, especially the luck stat if we still actually use it.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”