silver quiver

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Malia
Sojourner

silver quiver

Postby Malia » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:06 pm

OK just had a second and thought i would post a thought

1) silver quiver from Tower of the elementalist, I fail to see why a quiver with !stats or bonus is !evil
- you need 2 rares to quest this for a the same as any other quiver you can buy.

Please look at that and maybe give it something even if it wasnt stats, like all 100 arrows are wtless and remove !evil flag
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Funny

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:46 am

Funny, I was going to post today about how this quiver should be !bits just like all the others. This thing originally had +1hit, then got removed. So remove all the other flags too please. It's a pretty quiver that people can use.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:55 pm

Was actually thinking about going through and putting stats back on the quivers that had them.
Problem is, I can't remember what quivers had stats and what those stats were.

If you guys want stats put back on quivers, lemme know. If you also happen to know what the stats of various quivers were, mmail them to me and I'll work on getting them added back.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Quivers

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:20 pm

Silver quiver from ET had 1hit.

MD quiver had/has stats, I don't remember them.

TIAMAT quiver SHOULD have stats in my opinion. :)

I don't remember more Marth sorry.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:28 pm

Hulburg bandolier was 4dex, iirc.

The quiver from Tia should be able to hold more arrows (500?), keeping them all weightless. A nifty proc to automatically repair broken arrows when putting them in it would be sweet, too.

The quantity of arrows should definitely be addressed, especially considering how long the 5 ancients fight takes. Last time I led it, the rangers were completely out of arrows before we could even get the first dragon killed. :P
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Didn't the MD one have +agi on it? I think 9.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:33 pm

md one was 4 agi i think and 4 or 5 ac

and I don't think stats on quivers is a good idea... Why create an incentive for people to wear a quiver that would normally choose not to? Why on earth would clerics and mages wear quivers? This is like going back to what dugmaren said once, why does everyone on the mud wear an eyepatch, are they all missing an eye? The difference however, is eye items are "worn on eyes" and quivers are "worn as quiver" so while you could have "glasses" worn on eyes, anything other than a quiver makes no sense worn as a quiver.

Flag all quivers ranger/dire only, or modify the worn description so the quiver slot doesn't have to have a "quiver", or create a unique slot for each class or something, but lets not encourage everyone to wear a quiver. It's just silly.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:45 pm

Thick leather scabbard should be +50 hps *nod me*

Actually, I'd prefer for it to be a bit bigger so it can hold a sword that I'll actually use. It would be really cool too if scabbards could be coded to hold cursed weapons instead of me carrying 4 of them in my inventory, even if it could only hold 1 to keep the realism of it.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:08 pm

kiryan wrote:md one was 4 agi i think and 4 or 5 ac

and I don't think stats on quivers is a good idea... Why create an incentive for people to wear a quiver that would normally choose not to? Why on earth would clerics and mages wear quivers? This is like going back to what dugmaren said once, why does everyone on the mud wear an eyepatch, are they all missing an eye? The difference however, is eye items are "worn on eyes" and quivers are "worn as quiver" so while you could have "glasses" worn on eyes, anything other than a quiver makes no sense worn as a quiver.

Flag all quivers ranger/dire only, or modify the worn description so the quiver slot doesn't have to have a "quiver", or create a unique slot for each class or something, but lets not encourage everyone to wear a quiver. It's just silly.

Because if they made quivers bow classes only, people will cry. Component belts for casters, scabbards for weapon wielders, quiver for bow classes. Sounds good to me.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:40 pm

Dalar wrote:
kiryan wrote:md one was 4 agi i think and 4 or 5 ac

Because if they made quivers bow classes only, people will cry. Component belts for casters, scabbards for weapon wielders, quiver for bow classes. Sounds good to me.

It's easy enough to diverdify:

rangery classes: quivers
warrior classes: scabbards
Rogue classes: pouches
mage classes: component bags

shrug
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:35 pm

For awhile now, I always thought the quiver spot should read as:
<strapped across back>
Then anyone could wear something there and not look funky.

I've been trying to add more and more different things like scabbards for warriorts to be worn in the spot because I'm like kiryan and don't like seeing every class walk around with a quiver there when they can't even use a bow. Most mage/priest classes already have at least one spell that uses components, so they have something that fills the slot without looking out of place.

Of course, this is just my opinion of things.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:12 pm

Leather scabbard you can buy in Scornubel used to be ac3
Dhurn
Sojourner

quivers

Postby Dhurn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Md Quiver was and still is 13 agil and 5 (bad) AC
ET quiver was 1 hitroll
Hb Bandolier was 4 dex
Scorn leather scabbard was 3 ac
Windsong quiver was 4 agil and 5 (good) AC
Musp Yeti quiver was 4 wis

And yeah.....Tia quiver really needs some loving...with rangers getting told they have to arch and the Tia Circlet no longer applying to archery...and the only bow up there being a Crossbow.....give rangers a bone and make it autocollect or give it a couple of decent stats...and make it ranger and dire only.
Pril
Sojourner

Re: quivers

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:54 pm

Dhurn wrote:Md Quiver was and still is 13 agil and 5 (bad) AC
ET quiver was 1 hitroll
Hb Bandolier was 4 dex
Scorn leather scabbard was 3 ac
Windsong quiver was 4 agil and 5 (good) AC
Musp Yeti quiver was 4 wis

And yeah.....Tia quiver really needs some loving...with rangers getting told they have to arch and the Tia Circlet no longer applying to archery...and the only bow up there being a Crossbow.....give rangers a bone and make it autocollect or give it a couple of decent stats...and make it ranger and dire only.

Magma Quiver needs some loving too prolly
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: silver quiver

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:40 pm

IMHO, quivers would be perfect as the "stat-fixing" slot for pre-newroller characters.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:57 am

So a ranger would hand some evil character equipment that could help them? Don't really see a reason why a quiver can't be !evil.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:32 am

Man, it has nothing to do about rangers handing equipment, but what do you expect from someone who guards 1w.

Evils do have a class called 'dire' that also use quiver, evils do Tower of the Elementalist far more then goodies do, it takes 2 rares to quest this quiver for an item that has no advantages or stats and the dire class cannot use that, that was the point of this post.

Some peoples kids.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:31 pm

Teflor's point is that the silver quiver is quested from a ranger, I believe.
Eilistraee
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:19 am

I like the class-specific EQ <worn on back> idea too.

*Cheers*
Thrand
Sojourner

silver quiver

Postby Thrand » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:53 pm

'If you guys want stats put back on quivers, lemme know. If you also happen to know what the stats of various quivers were, mmail them to me and I'll work on getting them added back.'

Hi I'm curious as to why you would want to add back the old
stats? They were stated if I recall correctly way befor the new system
of points, and way befor it was so easy to roll nice stats.

Id like to suggest, that at least one of the ones you add stats to
would add moves instead. I like move items. :)

Lopi

Thanks for your help and good work

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”