toggle consent

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gukov
Sojourner

toggle consent

Postby Gukov » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:00 pm

'nuf said... it's obnoxious to have to tell people to remove consent... just let people toggle all or individual consents off when they're no longer needed.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:41 pm

why would you HAVE to tell someone to remove consent? boggle.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:52 pm

one good example is when you're asked to reduce the whole group. usually at least half of the members are very slow consenting. eases up the job a LOT when they remove consents after you casted it on em. eventually same would hold true for dispel magic i guess, though i must admit i usually manage to keep track of that.
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:26 am

way to avoid the point of the post :P No, you don't *have* to tell anyone to remove consents, but it makes ressing/reducing/soul walking a lot more efficient. The way consent exists now it's at best an impediment to some casters when under a time/spam burden.
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:59 am

I think it is beyond obvious that you shouldnt need
consent to drag a grouped members corpse, as it is
beyond obvious you shouldnt need consent to cast
dispel, reduce, enlarge, summon, etc on grouped members.
With the exceptions of revive , ress or plooting I dont see a need for
consent at all. Give admins something to do for when the new
skill system comes in and they are out of a job.
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:14 pm

on a similar note, could we maybe make the mud remember that alts were logged into acc after dying? :D i always forget about that.
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:43 pm

Sorry to semi-hijack but PLEASE allow perm consent for some people. Maybe if you had a friend list and by default, if one were on the list, they have your perm consent. Also please allow group leader to group someone hidden, or in the dark, etc after dying after receiving consent as well.
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:26 pm

i second that :)
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Mon May 01, 2006 1:24 am

Wow, are you kidding? You really can't keep track of people you've dispeled, reduced, etc? Heh, ok!
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon May 01, 2006 1:29 am

Glorishan wrote:Wow, are you kidding? You really can't keep track of people you've dispeled, reduced, etc? Heh, ok!

guess we arent as great as you :P
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 am

It's not greatness per se, it's the fact he never unafks. So, technically he never misses a beat!
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Latreg
Sojourner

Re: toggle consent

Postby Latreg » Mon May 01, 2006 1:30 pm

Gukov wrote:'nuf said... it's obnoxious to have to tell people to remove consent... just let people toggle all or individual consents off when they're no longer needed.

Actually if you could tog consent someone could make a nice little script after they spell them to remove it and then turn it back on again.....
or just write down a list of group names and put a check mark next to their name, paper and pencils still have their uses.

I'd just go down the list and do them in order if you are missing consent let the leader know and they can "discuss" it with them.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon May 01, 2006 2:40 pm

%1 tells you 'consent'
consent %1

I'm quite sure you can take the trigger further and set it up to tell person X "I have removed consent to give it to person Y per their request"

Pava tells you, 'Consent'
consent Pava
tell tolud 'I have removed consent and given it to Pava per their request'
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon May 01, 2006 3:49 pm

Latreg wrote:
Gukov wrote:'nuf said... it's obnoxious to have to tell people to remove consent... just let people toggle all or individual consents off when they're no longer needed.

Actually if you could tog consent someone could make a nice little script after they spell them to remove it and then turn it back on again.....
or just write down a list of group names and put a check mark next to their name, paper and pencils still have their uses.

I'd just go down the list and do them in order if you are missing consent let the leader know and they can "discuss" it with them.

very nice if you arent the only enchanter dealing with other things as well as reduce :P and you cannot tell when it falls

and yes i do love enchanter, it remains my fav class:P

-Italian Proverb
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon May 01, 2006 5:38 pm

if they can't keep track of who they already spelled, how can they toggle individual consents? I guess there's zones that I haven't been to that you need reduce the whole time or something, the ones I have done you only need reduce for a few fights. I think enchanters are placing too great a burden on themselves instead of making people pay attention etc.

Notice it's mostly women complaining? Next thing you know they'll want us to put the toilet seat down...oh wait.....

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon May 01, 2006 6:52 pm

Latreg wrote:

if they can't keep track of who they already spelled, how can they toggle individual consents? I guess there's zones that I haven't been to that you need reduce the whole time or something, the ones I have done you only need reduce for a few fights. I think enchanters are placing too great a burden on themselves instead of making people pay attention etc.

Notice it's mostly women complaining? Next thing you know they'll want us to put the toilet seat down...oh wait.....

lol! I needed a good laugh!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon May 01, 2006 7:08 pm

I need a good laugh too .. where is the joke?

-Italian Proverb
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon May 01, 2006 7:12 pm

Latreg wrote:if they can't keep track of who they already spelled, how can they toggle individual consents?

Most enchanters group say, hey once I have reduce you, pleas revoke consent. It rarely happens. This toggle of consent seems a logical thing, since most of the *hey lets make the mud easier* ideas and whines do come from men.

Was that the joke I missed?

-Italian Proverb
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon May 01, 2006 9:05 pm

Ambar wrote:
Latreg wrote:if they can't keep track of who they already spelled, how can they toggle individual consents?

Most enchanters group say, hey once I have reduce you, pleas revoke consent. It rarely happens. This toggle of consent seems a logical thing, since most of the *hey lets make the mud easier* ideas and whines do come from men.

Was that the joke I missed?

clearly someone leaves your toilet seat up all the time, just teasing

just have them make a trigger for when they "grow small" or what ever the pattern is to consent self. I'm sure a number of people would post a tigger set for this under the proper forum. Although a man would have to make this tigger set. (ZZZIIINNGGG)

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon May 01, 2006 9:50 pm

Latreg wrote:clearly someone leaves your toilet seat up all the time, just teasing

just have them make a trigger for when they "grow small" or what ever the pattern is to consent self. I'm sure a number of people would post a tigger set for this under the proper forum. Although a man would have to make this tigger set. (ZZZIIINNGGG)

::roll::

Since I have posted trigger sets I have created and I see people using them, I guess this makes me different? I know you are opnly teasing, but twenty years of being a female electrician in the Navy working on jets I really had to overcome some crap, it transferred over to rl, so belittling comments, even in jest, really tick me off. (and yes I realize you are joking)

-Italian Proverb
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon May 01, 2006 9:56 pm

At what point did Latreg think it was women who were complaing about this? I'm indifferent so this topic won't effect me. Struck me odd that out of the blue it's male vs. female.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon May 01, 2006 10:34 pm

Thilindel wrote:At what point did Latreg think it was women who were complaing about this? I'm indifferent so this topic won't effect me. Struck me odd that out of the blue it's male vs. female.

I'd guess at:

Latreg wrote:Notice it's mostly women complaining? Next thing you know they'll want us to put the toilet seat down...oh wait.....
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon May 01, 2006 11:10 pm

What Arilin said... And, for the record I was not complaining.. I was agreeing that it may be a nice idea (nice, not NEEDED) If it doesn't get implemented, I won't care :)

-Italian Proverb
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Tue May 02, 2006 3:10 am

Hehe, if latreg refers to complainers as females very often, I'm thinking his nickname is Spanky
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue May 02, 2006 4:11 pm

Let's turn this into another 'remove invokers' thread. I like those.
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'

Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'

Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue May 02, 2006 5:20 pm

Glorishan wrote:Let's turn this into another 'remove invokers' thread. I like those.

good idea, most invokers are female players or at the very least gay so they should all be removed.

daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue May 02, 2006 10:38 pm

Well im a guy
theres proof..
and i've been told i was a pretty decent enchanter when i still played (sorry everyone), but im gonna go hands down on this one...

Consent, especially in regards with reduce, is a PAIN IN THE ASS. And you cant blame me for afking. Its a slightly random time on the spell, you cant see if its affecting someone unless its dark and you are infra (or did they finally change that... last time I conned a player it still said cross n shovel was all), most of the time you are too busy doing everything else, especially if you are leading the group, and nobody, NOBODY, can seem to take the time to pay attention when you ask to rem consent being reduced, let alone write that nifty trig..

And basically, when I'm really busy, and we are doing one of many zones where reduces are essential for much of if not all the group, and wasting a reduce on some n00bass afker could cost a tank his/her life, I really, really like being able to type consent and see reliably anybody who needs one. Especially in spammy battles.

Course, you still need to keep one or two people in your head, the ones who NEVER rem consent no matter how many times you ask.

No offense Shev... but people complain about this problem all the time in all kinds of groups. Theres a whole litany of consent issue threads on the bbs even. Im pretty surprised that the head forger would comment as you did on it. If you dont play, dont you at least tag along and watch people for feedback on the code?
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed May 03, 2006 6:47 pm

daggaz wrote:write that nifty trig..

daggaz wrote:some n00bass afker

daggaz wrote:No offense Shev... but people complain about this problem all the time in all kinds of groups. Theres a whole litany of consent issue threads on the bbs even. Im pretty surprised that the head forger would comment as you did on it. If you dont play, dont you at least tag along and watch people for feedback on the code?

He said he can't see a reason why you would need to ask someone to remove consent. That's not an address to the entire consent issue. You need to take a break from posting for awhile.

Consent is a hassle, and it would be nice to have multiple consents. I don't see a reason why we should have perm consent however. Having consent expire when someone is offline is an important feature, I wouldn't support any sort of consent that exists between characters when a character isn't actually online.

If you consent for a group, all members in the group should be consented as well. Obviously with a smaller pbase, anyone who abuses consent could be easily handled by the admins. If you are grouped with people it implies consent to them anyhow doesn't it?

It would be nice to have the ability to consent more than 1 person outside a group as well, but I'd be happy with just the group consent idea.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Thu May 04, 2006 9:55 am

As for my comment on Shev, I was referring specifically to the fact that 'he cant see any reason why people would need to ask for it to be removed' (ergo being able to use consent list to effectively reduce group without wasting time/spells) and I added in addition, ALL THE OTHER CONSENT ISSUES posted on the board for the last two years that have been, obviously, completely ignored if Shev STILL cant seem to find a reason why people would need to ask for it to be removed.

As for the other two quotes... umm.... whats the point? and how about some context? The trigs things I mentioned cuz latreg said people could just write a trig, and my point was, if they cant even respond to a specific, three times spammed tell REMOVE CONSENT PLEASE NOW, whats the chances they will get around to writing a trig that is based more on the enchanter than on them?

The n00bass afkers thing was what it sounds like. A direct and intentional flame against people who afk big time in zones, whether new players or oldschool. Basically, those people suck and make things much harder than they need to be in pretty much every kind of situation possible.

Take a break from posting, yourself, Tasan.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu May 04, 2006 11:25 am

I think Daggaz is just racist against afkers :(

*sigh*

Damn prejudice

-Italian Proverb
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu May 04, 2006 1:41 pm

What's this "keys" y'all keep talkin about?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu May 04, 2006 2:40 pm

My question was:

"why would you HAVE to tell someone to remove consent? boggle."

If you are going to use quotation marks when attributing words to someone, please use the actual text they typed.

I am quite aware of the many, many problems with consent. I was, not, however, aware that needing consent removed was a such an important issue. Teshidee answered my question 10 minutes after I posted. Why some of you feel the need to pick apart the fact that I was unaware of something is beyond me.

In any case, the request for a change has been noted, thank you for your feedback.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”