Muspel invasion 6/26

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Malia
Sojourner

Muspel invasion 6/26

Postby Malia » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:38 am

OK did muspel invasion tonight. Things went really well and only spank we had was to a non-invasion mob.

took us 2.5 - 3hrs and everyone that went that said something to me had fun. Lots and lots of giant smitting and longer fights with risky memouts. More like the invasions that i remember and love.

Couple of suggestions:
1) muspel needs devices like jot so you cant 2man twink items.. was so tempted to today but waited till we could form and it was so much more fun.

2) I think something cool needs to load on surtur/glammad during invasions when they arent quite in castle, kinda like when jot invasion, loki fight is harder but rewards are greater. we did castle for robe but was no reason to do glammad or surutr cuz rewards were same as every day muspel. maybe during invasion have him not load with normal gear and make it load with diffrent gear, or even exactly same gear but diffrent name and ansi so at least you look cooler when you wear it!

3) shrink the size of some of the groups, but make them all wander solo cept for the mobs with the eq make their groups decent sized and fun! This increases the chance of walk ins and makes it harder to avoid !eq fights. We avoided almost all of the patrols that didnt have eq.

4) More casters, makes the fights tougher.. like beards in jot, but all you basicly got are djinn and frost giants, and blades and shamans and very few of those. A few more casters would be fun.

Overall it was a great deal of fun and wish we could do more of those on a regular basis. 2-3hrs of just smitting is so fun!

couple of things to check on just out of curiousity...
1) silvery bracer used to load on grid one and I havent seen it in prolly close to a year load.. it might have been moved and we are missing it now but could you check to make sure this still loads?
2) fingerless gloves, also i think its been a year since i have seen this load as well, again it might have been moved if so just tell us its normaly loading just fine... but would you check and make sure cuz i havent seen it in WAY to long.

Thanks for your time
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:53 am

I want to 2nd the suggestion with putting devices in musp invasion.

It makes the output of items to the group that actually does the invasion bigger.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:03 pm

If anyone has a good zmud map of muspel, it would help greatly in planning where to stick the devices and what areas each covers.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:35 pm

what time did you do it? sucks I missed it :(
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:08 pm

Marthammor wrote:If anyone has a good zmud map of muspel, it would help greatly in planning where to stick the devices and what areas each covers.

Oooo did someone say map? It just so happens that I have a detailed zmud map of Musp that I can mmail you. After alll, I have to have something to show for all my hours traipsing around the mud!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:48 pm

mmail?? A zmud map??

Send me one!! *tease*
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:39 pm

There's 3 grids, a firbolg grid, a firbolg complex, some gay spider tunnel, fire giant citadel, and the castle.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:59 pm

Lilira wrote:mmail?? A zmud map??

Send me one!! *tease*

Dang it Lil...it's not nice to make fun of my stutter!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:38 am

Sotana wrote:Dang it Lil...it's not nice to make fun of my stutter!

Puh-puh-puhleease!!!! *wink*
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:06 am

Thanks Sotana. Will start working on this after the jot invasion stuff posted in the other thread.
Teralyn
Sojourner

Postby Teralyn » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:44 am

Shoot, I'll take a copy of the map too...and I won't even make fun of your stutter like Lilira did. I heard her call you Stuttering Stanley earlier today....
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:40 am

Just did musp invasion first time since back and I just can't help but comment, why is it necessary for "fixes" to be the most drawn out coding etc etc etc instead of the easiest to implement, but thoughtful ones?

It's been stated probably before I started playing how it's whack to be able to twink arguably the best items in Musp invasion and end-game gear for their slots - stuff like this doesn't just throw risk vrs. reward out of line for this zone, but for every zone in the game.

Arguably the two best items in invasion are guarded the least, signet and marble - doesn't make sense at all, and well spelled and patient there is not much risk to twinking these mobs at all.

I don't know if there already has been a change, but people noted how the patrols on grid 1 and 2 do move a lot quicker, we saw 0 on scan and then all of sudden 25 giants and then 10 and then 0 in a mere matter of seconds. But this does nothing except make it harder for full groups instead of ninja groups. I like twinking as much as anyone, and sure I've twinked Musp, but it's only because it allows it to be.

Add a cleric and shaman to the marble/signet group, or have the damn citadel be blocked by gates w/healers.

Simple solutions - no tele programming etc. needed.

Some eq is fun to twink, even good eq etc. But if that's not the intention or if even players say that it doesn't make sense then fix it. Dunno if the imms that play? or can even twink? but the simplest way to make something !twink is to add a cleric or two to groups of mobs.
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:38 am

Nice, !tele devices finally added!

Now if we could just look into if silvery bracers still have a chance of loading... :p
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:06 am

Acutally, I take that back after poking around and thinking about it.

It does take an extra "level" of eq now to effectively 2-man it, and perhaps a lil, just a lil more skill and risk, but this won't prevent 2-manning which, I'm assuming, was the purpose.

I guess if leaving it twinkable to such a high level was the intent then it works, but if the point was to make it so some of arguably the best non-tia eq in the game could (and should) only be got with a group then it's a 1/2 measure.

Again and again and again the hardest to implement measures aren't always the most effective. Ie, why code these devices when all you gotta do is add some gate mobs or move some patrols around so they protect the right eq? It's boggling.

The people who can locate and twink this the most have consistenly agreed that it shouldn't be this "easy". And then the question is why twink it? B/c it's there and it's something to do, and it is the areas job to make it so it's not.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:36 pm

We're not done yet. Sadly its taken me far to long to get the devices done (darn hard drives kept crashing as I started working on it), but it was the first thing many of the players thought needed fixed with the zone. There are still some other tricks being added to prevent people from 2/3 manning the best items there.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”