gotta love golem forge

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Galzar
Sojourner

gotta love golem forge

Postby Galzar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:48 am

i think you all wrote a real good zone in golem forge. however you totally in my personal opinion screwed up the eq, i dont understand why you would make a zone especially one as nice as golem forge predominatly 1 class. now if it is radom load well you got some thing you need to fix, 4 for 4 on mage loads with 1 warrior eq and 2 thief eq. now personally i think there are going to be less and less warriors willing to do the zone since they get no rewards for it. this is just my 2 cents

Galzar
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:00 am

I disagree with you about players want to do zone even if there isn't an item for the class they are playing.

The are quite a few zones where I see very little cleric eq, but clerics are still available for the zones. E.g. BC.

Meileich is a reverse example. This zone has mainly cleric eq, and is still done by all classes.

(I don't really know any good warrior examples)
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:38 pm

The area writer has worked with me and we've hopefully fixed the problem. Changes should be in soon.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:46 pm

If you messed up my paladin's boots, you'll regret it!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:29 pm

Marthammor wrote:The area writer has worked with me and we've hopefully fixed the problem. Changes should be in soon.

Retroactively?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: gotta love golem forge

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:19 pm

Galzar wrote:i think you all wrote a real good zone in golem forge. however you totally in my personal opinion screwed up the eq, i dont understand why you would make a zone especially one as nice as golem forge predominatly 1 class. now if it is radom load well you got some thing you need to fix, 4 for 4 on mage loads with 1 warrior eq and 2 thief eq. now personally i think there are going to be less and less warriors willing to do the zone since they get no rewards for it. this is just my 2 cents

Galzar

What? I thought we all had a mage and a warrior by now :\
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:57 am

man.. I liked the way it was heh.. some very good mage stuff there.. just because your class doesnt have anything good there doesnt stop alot of people going to more predominantely warriored or whatever zones so suck it up :P and bid for an alt :P
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:07 pm

No stats were changed, no eq was added or removed, just the way things load were changed. Calm down. :P
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:11 pm

Name one zone with predominantley warrior eq... one. Mages have 10x the amount of eq that warriors do and it stinks. Most "tank" eq is mageable anyway since its just hps and ac. I'd love to see area writers start putting in some new and interesting warrior stuff (maybe someone with inside infoz on 2.0)

Sorry for derail, carry on.
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:20 pm

Gormal wrote:Name one zone with predominantley warrior eq... one. Mages have 10x the amount of eq that warriors do and it stinks. Most "tank" eq is mageable anyway since its just hps and ac. I'd love to see area writers start putting in some new and interesting warrior stuff (maybe someone with inside infoz on 2.0)

Sorry for derail, carry on.

Jason and I still have one on the shelf that's about 90% complete (at least I hope I didn't delete my files) that's designed with about 50% of the EQ as warriorable. I'd be willing to part with my pieces if someone else wanted to incorporate them into something else.
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”