Run the Mud Extravaganza!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
bawog
Sojourner

Run the Mud Extravaganza!

Postby bawog » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:39 am

Ok so I've been talking to a few people about this and they seem excited to do this. What I'm thinking is when the mud boots on a weekend is to complete as many zones as possible in one day. This will be something to the tune of a Tiamat run but, there will be several zones/breaks in between each run so that nobody gets burnt out. (as i did in tia but not complaining cause it was fun) Anyways I'm going to lead every single zone that I possibly can starting with Brass and ending in either Spob or BC. So post back on here and let me know what ya think for feedback. I mean who doesn't miss those days of running the mud!

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:42 am

i'm totally in! depending on whether this problem with my connection speed gets resolved in a timely fashion :P
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:04 am

sounds like lots of fun.. I'm willing if i'm able.. at least for part of it...
it will depend on work schedule and such.. I work alot of saturdays :(
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Boboloppe
Sojourner

Postby Boboloppe » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:12 am

The Bobo is interested
Fresh from the Taint.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:52 am

not a whole lot of incentive to do this... if yer gonna spend tia-time you might as well do tia. Lead BC, Brandon. That's plenty of time, and good rewards.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:34 am

Sounds liike fun to me :) Used to love guild zone days :) Ermm sans guild of course these days

Aerisia - Succubus - Old Folks of Netheril
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:03 pm

Gormal wrote:not a whole lot of incentive to do this... if yer gonna spend tia-time you might as well do tia. Lead BC, Brandon. That's plenty of time, and good rewards.

I think it's great because it gives some of us who would like to zone the opportunity to do so.. it also lets those of us who can't do tia spend that sorta time on the mud :) *shrug* just my 2coppers..
if I"m not on when it goes to start, just skype me ;) I know i work this coming saturday nite.. but that' only makes me unavailable from like 3 pm - 11 pm sat..
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:50 pm

very interesting idea actually

I guess what it comes down to is what does everyone want, do they want gear they can use, in which case most everyone only wants stuff from high end zones like Gormal referred to. If you are looking at doing as many zones as possible, volume rather than quality, that's a different story.
well anyway what I'm afraid will happen is most will only join in when you start the higher end zones, the people who do the smaller zones should get more "points" or whatever when bidding imo.

something else would be to do zones like sg,crypts with no characters higher than like level 45 or something like that. What time you think you wanna start etc?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:34 am

something else would be to do zones like sg,crypts with no characters higher than like level 45 or something like that. What time you think you wanna start etc?

That was the idea why i wanted to start on smaller zones so that the newer playes can have a chance in doing some zones and earning their eq. I've been reading over some posts seeing how people somewhat don't like eq being given to them and would rather be grouped with people doing things. Well this is a great chance in getting some of the new players active in zoning if they are of level or not. Doing smaller zones such as listed above will be done just for the newer players to get a taste of doing zones and having fun. This is something that I'm REALLY hoping is alot of fun for all of those involved. When was the last time people really had fun zoning instead of grinding out the zones and xping just to get there. This will be a time of fun and adventure for all new and old!

I have no set date on this event yet due to the fact that tourist season in upon me and i'm pulling 70 hour weeks atm, but when the time comes i will update and hope to have a great time in the process!

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

telor
Sojourner

Postby telor » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:59 am

sounds cool to me too, could count me in, this going to be primarily good? or evil? or what...neeed...more...info!! :twisted:
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:28 am

what day we talkin bout dood? im down for at least some of it probably wont kick all the zones with ya probably but.. shrug :) we shall see. lemme know if were doin it evil or good
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:41 pm

what day we talkin bout dood? im down for at least some of it probably wont kick all the zones with ya probably but.. shrug :) we shall see. lemme know if were doin it evil or good

This will incorperate both alignment sides. The date is not yet set, but I'm figuring in August some time when I can take a weekend off. I know not everyone will be in on every single zone that is done, but I hope the zones that people are in are having fun!

not a whole lot of incentive to do this... if yer gonna spend tia-time you might as well do tia. Lead BC, Brandon. That's plenty of time, and good rewards.

The reason being that I'm not to incline to lead a Tiamat run due to the fact that in my opinion it gets mundane and boring after a while. And yea BC is in the agenda of zones to tackle but its prolly going to be saved for last. This isn't so much for the gear for me its more so a time to sit back relax run some zones and have a good time. Now I'm not going to say that I don't need any equipment I'm just saying that I enjoy playing and leading zones so its a good time to show it!

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:50 pm

Keep in mind the logistics of what you're trying to do. Are you asking the same group of people to stick together for 8 hours? Are you going to accept new people and let people leave as they want throughout the day? How are you going to handle bidding on the eq (this needs to be spelled out mostly to prevent the leader the aggravation of dealing with whiners). Keep in mind that as you let people leave, and new people come, you're going to have to switch classes around a lot probably. Forming groups and splitting takes no small amount of time.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Keep in mind the logistics of what you're trying to do. Are you asking the same group of people to stick together for 8 hours? Are you going to accept new people and let people leave as they want throughout the day? How are you going to handle bidding on the eq (this needs to be spelled out mostly to prevent the leader the aggravation of dealing with whiners). Keep in mind that as you let people leave, and new people come, you're going to have to switch classes around a lot probably. Forming groups and splitting takes no small amount of time.

No I'm not expecting to keep the same group through the entire day. I want to lead zones with newbies/evils/goodies/etc. I am writing up a bid system for this so that there is no whining and all rules are as clear as they can be during the zones etc. As these things are complete I'll post it on here. I'll have what zones what kind of classes i want to take etc. If i start now when the time comes for it to go people should be locked cocked and ready to rock!

Nerox

Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:49 pm

well I'd be interested, lmk if I can help in any way.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:28 am

me too, since i only can mud maybe 1-2 hr at a time

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”