Choking Palace

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ifin
Sojourner

Choking Palace

Postby Ifin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:13 pm

Splicing a thread that Gormal brought to attention out of the blue.

The rewards were "twinked" and so now people know what they are and think "it's not worth it to do".

Yet it's the only un-completed zone in the game, and how are the rewards up to par?

This zone is pretty damn badass, different than any other zone in the MUD, brings an adrenaline rush everytime, actually focuses on *SKILL* instead of just routine/brute strength, and is actually a guaranteed 1.5 hr zone for the right group.

Can we bump/change rewards, post it on news, to make it so people might try to attempt again and the rewards will be badass? If it still takes a specific group to do and maybe only 30% or 25% success each time then it's worth it and justifies the l33est loot, not like other cookie cutter zones.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:34 pm

brute force is obviously not going to work.

Someone should try pwb runs. the demon wave seems to have 0 healers and lots of the demons con < level 50. maybe the group needs 2 or 3 enchanters/ele.

someone should try making a group of 16, 15 in zone and one enchanter relocing to dead people giving them a vit potion, fly and a gate to smoke.

Another gripe with all the trips I've been on at the demon wave... the group doesn't actually do the runs they are supposed to. Its do quick runs don't die, and instead people stay in 10 rounds and half the group dies.

regardless of the right tactics, there seems to be a measure of luck involved. Sometimes the demon wave walks out of the pop rooms 20 strong, other times I've seen them walk out 8 strong. If you can get lucky and hit that group of 8... most likely with pwb so the subsequent walkin doesn't compound the room difficulty... you might have a chance...
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:37 pm

Please make the tinker machine inside work too :P
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:49 pm

Who says the stats haven't already been changed?

Anyone who's interested in finishing this zone should attempt it, and ignore the disservice done by the people who twinked this and sumamrily decided it was no longer worth going to. After all, if you finish the zone normally you have every right to speak up and ask for adjustments to the stats if they're deemed neccessary.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:07 pm

I'd do the zone! Not that anyone would invite a ranger... or that I'm high enough level... or that I'm actually playing right now...

But other than those things I'd so be there! ;)
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:00 pm

Thanks Shev.

I was still under the impression that they weren't changed and people in general deemed it not worth risk vrs. effort based on the information we had.

Perhaps this news will spur some more attempts.
Cap'n Touk
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Touk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:50 am

Also - I worked on downgrading the strength of the demon wave with Eilistraee. The zone was only attempted once after this and the group did not make it to the demon wave at all.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:12 am

HTH do you twink this zone???

I know I only went to it maybe twice, but still... how in the world?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:45 am

The vault didn't have a !teleport flag. :P
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:24 am

Speaking of Choking Palace I say we rally together and smite the unsmitten! Mwrite Nerox if you are interested, will do it the second weekend in september due to the fact i'm still working on saturdays. Gonna try all sorts of tactics to bust in this place and bring it down once and for all! Oh and btw be prepared to die cause it may happen :p

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:33 am

Nerox... because of the way the zone functions, you'll have to decide on one type of tactic ahead of time, instead of all sorts.

You'll only get one chance in the boot.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:53 pm

Nerox... because of the way the zone functions, you'll have to decide on one type of tactic ahead of time, instead of all sorts.

Aye this I know I will be trying multiple times in multiple boots. I mean there HAS to be some way of defeating this zone. Someway somehow we will bring down the Choking Palace and have a good time doing it!

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:37 pm

The heavy use of enchanters/PWB seems to me the best idea presented so far, one I have thought long about as well...

That, and the group MUST stay coordinated and follow directions. Every run Ive been on, we end up dying because people dont listen properly and the group breaks up. Usually there are 4-5 die hard mudders at the end actually holding their own due to smart skills, but they can never last long.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:57 pm

The runs I've been on with Jala seem to do fairly okay as far as listening is concerned.. The only thing I can think of that would speed it up is everyone in the group knowing the zone so when a gate is called we can go over there on our own if left behind.

That reminds me.. I need to go explore that some more... *laugh*

Something that might speed it up too...

The use of skype or teamspeak. Muahahaaa. Jalahon says over Teamspeak "To the west gates!" dim jalahon
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”