Base vs Racially Modified Stats

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Vipplin
Sojourner

Base vs Racially Modified Stats

Postby Vipplin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:35 am

Is there any use in game of base stats (the stats you see when you type 'att') or do all game mechanics refer to the racially modified stat? And are the 'notches' all that matter and nothing in between therefore?

I realize the place at which max_stat gear is required looks at this, but... anything else at all? If yes, an example would be hot...
Iyced / Torgu / Iysor
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:59 pm

I know there are multiple types of notches per stat. Like mountain dwarf with mighty strength may have 6 damroll, but cannot carry as much as same race dwarf with perfect strength. So there are notches for both damroll and load carried.

Same seems to be for constitution. Non-warrior types get extra hitpoints, but the notches past the 'base' seem to improve chance of successful res
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:09 pm

As I understand it, your stats are used in multiple ways to determine how they affect you.

1.) Stat notches (hit/dam/ac/etc) These are all set numbers different for each race.

2.) Racial Notches - You don't actually see these, but your 100 charisma goes into a racial multiplier to give you an invisble "true" charisma (or any stat). As this goes up, it makes you "notch" racially. Hence why an elf is better than a dwarf in agility.

3.) I'm not sure at all here, but I'd imagine that there are instances with procs/spells that just check your base stat before the racial modification (most likely due to an oversight since it doesn't make much sense).

It doesn't matter though, because its all going to change soon so those invisible stats will go away (woot!).

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”