AV

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Zotus
Sojourner

AV

Postby Zotus » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:50 am

I think the AV one way room with the Ice-Blocks is glitched. It was originally a one way room, but i geuss now it was changed to still hold the characteristics of a one way room, except for the fact that when multiple aggro mobs are in the room with you, they are all able to engage in a fight with you all at the same time. Hopefuly this can be fixed to the original way so i can continue solo'ing the zone :-D.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:29 pm

I have a feeling it was changed so you can't solo the zone.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:31 pm

Dugmaren designed one of the few (if only) great mid-level xp zone that had equipment, and quests, and it was promptly overrun with high level people soloing the zone, hoarding the equipment and selling it on auction.

I'm glad if it can't be soloed by anyone anymore. Maybe level 30 people will stop living in DS.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:05 pm

Protip: Asking for a fix so you can twink something is probably not the best way to get it changed.
Zotus
Sojourner

Postby Zotus » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:40 am

well i dont exactly twink the zone. I kill everything there, and get the key legitly. i dont do any sneaky action or anything.
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:52 pm

Zotus wrote:well i dont exactly twink the zone. I kill everything there, and get the key legitly. i dont do any sneaky action or anything.

A'Quarthus Velg'Larn ------------- levels 30-40 Maker: Dugmaren

Character in question: Level 50
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:48 am

Oghma wrote:
Zotus wrote:well i dont exactly twink the zone. I kill everything there, and get the key legitly. i dont do any sneaky action or anything.

A'Quarthus Velg'Larn ------------- levels 30-40 Maker: Dugmaren

Character in question: Level 50

And your point? Are we supposed to stay out off the following zones as level 50's? :

Code: Select all

Arnd'ir -------------------------- levels 20-40           Maker: Shargaas
Ashgorrock, the Gargoyle City ---- levels 30-45           Maker: Twinshadow
The Basin Wastes ----------------- levels 20-40           Maker: Shadowy
The Calimshan Desert ------------- levels 1-30            Maker: Miax
The Citadel ---------------------- levels 25-40           Maker: Shadowy
The Curse of Newhaven ------------ levels 25-40           Maker: Drevarr/Vanfaeria
The Defense of Longhollow -------- levels 10-25           Maker: Drevarr/Vanfaeria
Doodajipple's Workshop ----------- levels 25-35           Maker: Shargaas
Elemental Glades ----------------- levels 20-30           Maker: Shadowy
The Evermoors -------------------- levels 25-45           Maker: Cyric

Etc.

All of those places have encounters/quests which could require a few level 50 players instead of just a full group of players within the level range. I think it's a cop-out to come down on someone from doing AV themselves vs. someone soloing EG(I have many times) or collecting items for quests(as in Longhollow etc.).

As an addendum the level ranges are a guide which needs to be updated to reflect changes since many of these zones went in.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Zotus
Sojourner

Postby Zotus » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:05 am

well i geuss i was just wondering if the room in the zone with the ice blocks is supposed to be a one way room or not. Originally it was a one way room, where only one mob can engage you at a time, but now all the mobs can hit you. But you cant flee either because of "mobs blocking the exits"... which is the characteristic of a one way.. so i think you should just make it one or the other....
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:08 am

They were single-file originally. While I didn't orchestrate the change, it was likely changed to remove exactly that sort of strategy. You may mudmail areas to petition to have the change reversed if you wish.

There are other means to present a 'blocked' message than single-file as well.
Eilistraee
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:32 am

Tasan wrote:And your point? Are we supposed to stay out off the following zones as level 50's?

You cannot have exciting and relevant mid-level zones exist in the MUD if they are simply ravaged by level 50s every boot. Yasden is right on target. The reason that there have always been so few interesting midlevel zones is because any quests/equipment designed for a small 30-40 group would simply be demolished by one or two 50s looking for something to do during off hours.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:10 am

Doing a zone designed for 4 level 40s with your 1 skillful level 50 is fun tho. If there is something there worn equipment worth getting over and over, perhaps it is a bit out of balance? Anyhow, I thought the zone in question you couldn't get the items as a level 50? So have to get someone else to go in or multi play? *peer*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:22 pm

Zotus wrote:But you cant flee either because of "mobs blocking the exits"... which is the characteristic of a one way.. so i think you should just make it one or the other....

Flat-out incorrect. Many rooms have blocking mobs and are not one-way rooms. Blocking mobs feature in many fights that do not take place in one-way rooms. Skellies, roots spirit fight, BC . . . none of those fights are one-way rooms and all of them have blocking mobs.

I'm not commenting on the rest of your statement, but the assertion that there is some sort of error that Areas needs to fix just because mobs block exits is not correct.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:04 pm

Ironically, AV still gets twinked by other classes and now the one class that more or less did it legitly solo (i.e. killing all the mobs) can no longer do so.

:P
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:42 pm

Now that is correct. I used to help 3-man/4-man the zone using the single-files.. I admit it. Notice.. 3-man/4-man. *wink* We usually had a little person with us to soak xp and loot. Now we could prolly 3-man/4-man it still, but its much more difficult to keep the little guy safe, so we stopped doing the zone.

There was still very much a chance that we'd spank too. *snicker*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Zotus
Sojourner

Postby Zotus » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:10 am

well the mobs obviously do not block because when led to a normal/regular room, you can flee freely from their danger !
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:02 pm

*wink* *cough* *wink* those are trackers and non sentinal .. the blockers .. um .. block :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:04 pm

Well I havent seen it in a while, but when it came in, the eq was grossly overpowered as far as the AC bonuses (Sservis soloed it almost every boot for a while, decked his cleric out with that stuff for the mad AC upon which he relentlessly harped, and flooded the auction with it.)

As far as I remember, after eq changes, it was still pretty snazzy ac-wize, still easily soloable, and would still fetch a decent plat from midrange chars on auction, hence the constant farming.

Fixing some exits was the least they could have done to keep bored 50's from farming what is otherwise a pretty fun and challenging midlevel zone.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:18 pm

Ragorn wrote:
Tasan wrote:And your point? Are we supposed to stay out off the following zones as level 50's?

You cannot have exciting and relevant mid-level zones exist in the MUD if they are simply ravaged by level 50s every boot. Yasden is right on target. The reason that there have always been so few interesting midlevel zones is because any quests/equipment designed for a small 30-40 group would simply be demolished by one or two 50s looking for something to do during off hours.

You cannot have exciting and relevant mid-level zones exist in the MUD without a mid-level game.

Most of the zones I listed have at least 1 encounter that would be required for a high level spell or quest. If you want people to stay out of zones, don't entice them to go there.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:32 pm

Maybe someone should ask Marthammor to put in a level restricted portal or somesuch like the cemetery has. That's a guaranteed way to keep high level people physically (albeit they can still help with spellups) out of the zone.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Zotus
Sojourner

Postby Zotus » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:51 pm

for the record. even with the change in the single-file rooms. i am still able to solo the zone. The reason of the lvl 40 cap restrict on the credits is mainly because the treasure room at the end is only accessable to characters under level 40. So its same as always... go do zone, grab a lowbie char to loot for you.. its just now.. the lowbie char cant sit in the one way with you as you kill all the mobs and gain some xp....
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:30 am

Gormal wrote:Protip: Asking for a fix so you can twink something is probably not the best way to get it changed.

Protip: Can still twink it anyways.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:42 am

Dalarthiel?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”