Tiny Lich Request?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Tiny Lich Request?

Postby Thilindel » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:42 pm

Can they be 'it' as in neuter? Since skeletons and some other undead are 'its' in game it would fit the theme better I guess. I know vampires n stuff aren't neuter but lich hardly has a body.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:03 pm

Liches still have their sense of self.... therefor they'd still be male or female.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
alendar
Sojourner

Re: Tiny Lich Request?

Postby alendar » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:19 pm

Thilindel wrote:Can they be 'it' as in neuter? Since skeletons and some other undead are 'its' in game it would fit the theme better I guess. I know vampires n stuff aren't neuter but lich hardly has a body.

Lilira wrote:Liches still have their sense of self.... therefor they'd still be male or female

sounds like some is tired of the other liches making fun of his small x-mas package ....
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:40 pm

It's mainly that when you create undead, it'll say a ghast xxx itself. Wight xxx itself, etc. Just seems to fit into the theme. How can something having very little flesh, whilst rotting, have a gender? :P
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:30 pm

I don't want to be an it. :P My lich is still a him. I'd dislike his change as a lich, regardless.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:41 am

Thilindel wrote:It's mainly that when you create undead, it'll say a ghast xxx itself. Wight xxx itself, etc. Just seems to fit into the theme. How can something having very little flesh, whilst rotting, have a gender? :P

Because a ghast and wight are mindless minions raised by an outside force. Liches choose to become undead, are very much sentient and retain a personality, therefore they would retain a gender. Heck, there's no reason one shouldn't want to whistle as a pretty girl goes by... even if he can't do anything else about it.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:47 am

Lilira wrote:
Thilindel wrote:It's mainly that when you create undead, it'll say a ghast xxx itself. Wight xxx itself, etc. Just seems to fit into the theme. How can something having very little flesh, whilst rotting, have a gender? :P

Because a ghast and wight are mindless minions raised by an outside force. Liches choose to become undead, are very much sentient and retain a personality, therefore they would retain a gender. Heck, there's no reason one shouldn't want to whistle as a pretty girl goes by... even if he can't do anything else about it.

And if you don't want to go with mental/emotional identity, recall how archaeologists can tell which gender a skeleton is. Each of the undead types (negating weirdness like a skeleton of a gelly cube, etc) has a skeleton, and thus a physical gender. Quite meaningless for most of the population, but a gender.
Thanuk OOC: 'thats 6 years of hard work, come to fruitition in 1 single statement'
Was Felton Orm the "Wizard of Auz" ?

Lorsalian Silvermist -- Seeker of the Complete MUD Cookkit

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”