2h Piercing?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

2h Piercing?

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:35 pm

With lances and such in the game, shouldn't paladins have a 2h pierce skill? Do the lances fall under 2h misc? otherwise seems kinda jipped.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:59 pm

If its flagged as piercing, then yes it is a 2h misc weapon. Didn't you ever get a dragon spear from CC just for the purpose of practicing 2h misc?:P
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:03 pm

No. I'm not that anal :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:05 pm

I think it was either Waelos or Dhurn who got me to do it. Weapon skills are pretty easy to notch, and its not like a 2h weapon is doing anything anyway so I figured I might as well get another 99.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:15 pm

You didn't even take the exotic weapon proficiency first :(
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:07 pm

Considering that one of the BG weapon shops sells a halfway decent 2 hander lance, I am surprised that every paladin type doesnt have a fair 2h misc skill by the time they hit 20 or so. Hell, I used to hand them out like candy to any 2handing noob that hadn't scrounged up something better.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:24 pm

Cirath wrote:Considering that one of the BG weapon shops sells a halfway decent 2 hander lance, I am surprised that every paladin type doesnt have a fair 2h misc skill by the time they hit 20 or so. Hell, I used to hand them out like candy to any 2handing noob that hadn't scrounged up something better.

I remember fighting ZK guards for weapons in a group back when nobody had decent eq. I guess nowadays people just go straight for the iconic weapons (2h sword) and skip the low-level non-noob gear.

FWIW, 2h spears are simple weapons in 3.5, though I believe there does exist something called a Greatspear in one of the supplements that might require EWP.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:09 am

moritheil wrote:FWIW, 2h spears are simple weapons in 3.5, though I believe there does exist something called a Greatspear in one of the supplements that might require EWP.

A lance is HARDLY a spear. If it is included in that archetype that is weetoddid.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Guardias
Sojourner

Postby Guardias » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:44 pm

Even looking at lances they are just considered a martial weapon which fighters, paladins, rangers, etc. are all considered proficient.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:18 am

Tasan wrote:
moritheil wrote:FWIW, 2h spears are simple weapons in 3.5, though I believe there does exist something called a Greatspear in one of the supplements that might require EWP.

A lance is HARDLY a spear. If it is included in that archetype that is weetoddid.

Er, the link is to longspears. Lances are indeed another category :P

Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:38 pm

moritheil wrote:though I believe there does exist something called a Greatspear in one of the supplements that might require EWP.

Yes there is (Complete Warrior), and yes it does. I am not entirely sure why it requires a feat to get a piercing equivilent to a greatsword, though.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:05 am

Cirath wrote:
moritheil wrote:though I believe there does exist something called a Greatspear in one of the supplements that might require EWP.

Yes there is (Complete Warrior), and yes it does. I am not entirely sure why it requires a feat to get a piercing equivilent to a greatsword, though.

Because "balanced weapons" is a feature they won't be releasing until 4ed at the earliest :P

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”