Whine!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gukov
Sojourner

Whine!

Postby Gukov » Fri May 04, 2007 1:15 am

So, I hate to be the one to whine about this but it's been at least a minor annoyance for quite a while now.

Help rules:

6. QUEST ABUSE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED NOR TOLERATED.
It's pretty sad we have to add this, but some people are greedy
and mean. Anyone caught doing the following will be punished:
6. preventing a quest load by sitting on the MUD with a quest
item that you are not actively using. If you cannot use
the item, RENT IT.

So, there's this item up in a northerly direction what is constantly not being rented even though it's quite obviously not being actively used.

I don't really care what the remedy for the situation is, be it changing the load so that it only ever loads at boot and people can continue hording, made to load despite others in the game, or whatever. I just want consistency of rule enforcement I guess. Call it OCD.

Cheers,
Gukov
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri May 04, 2007 12:32 pm

only problem is, this makes some assumptions, first that the person knows it's a quest item and second, that the person knows it won't repop if they don't rent it. I have lots of stuff that I keep because it might be a quest item, but I don't necessarily rent it right away. So if I carry something that won't repop unless rented please tell me, because then I will know that it WILL repop and I can get more! muahahaha see the problem?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sat May 05, 2007 5:11 am

Well the person that is constantly logegd on with the item that wont pop while he is on has to know it, they are a seasoned plays/logs in every day player so that most likely know exactly what they are doing. It's cocks like that that piss off people in many ways and some how in their small mind find it amusing..

I suggest the admins take a look who is holding these no load if on-line quest items and have a quiet word with them... Unless chatting and making fun of each other is all the admins do around here....

Where's Mystra when we need someone's ass to get kicked!
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
'Defender of the Meek'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat May 05, 2007 9:26 am

The maxload sometimes works to your advantage. But I think when repop is controlled by a maxload then the thing is out of control because it is up to the players to control it instead of the gods.

It would be up to the gods to control if it was based on either load at boot, or a load percentage.

--
To give an example of how to "misuse" maxload. A nice proccing weapon has a maxload of one. Getting to the end-mob that has the weapon takes somewhat of a battle, but once you are there the end-mob is easy. so what you do is you do the fights, then at once give the weapon to an alt and logs off the alt. Then you can do the weapon over and over.

--
It's a little game-technical, and I think that is a good reason to look at maxload in general.

I don't think you can blame a player for having an item in game. I remember I found the item in question on a midlevel shaman that had a very good reason to have the item, telling him about maxload seemed a little over the edge, but I got him to hand it to an alt and renting it.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Sun May 06, 2007 12:56 am

ok..i've sat back and waited to see if there was going to be any intervention here... and we start going in circles about the pros and cons of maxload items and the greater fabric of the universe being torn asunder etc etc.

the short of it is... i don't give a damn if there's 6 billion pelts in the game... it can still only be quested once...if the mob loads... so can we please stop dicking around with this and just change the flag? no one can complete the quest who hasn't already farmed the item before hand... and we now have a significant community here after hours who are simply ghosting. We aussies log on and see the same 20 folks on every single evening for us. Pelts in game.

Seriously... we had the same crap with a certain veil for a year and a half before people got sick of it and intervened. It's not fair. Fix the problem.

please.
bong . tai. etc.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Sun May 06, 2007 6:06 am

Up until today, I had no idea what the item in question was. All that was said was an item up in a northerly direction. I PM'd Gukov asking what the item was, but never got a reply.
At any rate, the loading is fixed so you may farm at your leisure.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Mon May 07, 2007 9:21 am

big ups to you M.

appreciate your decisiveness.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue May 08, 2007 7:04 am

I was thinking... why the hell are people getting so pent up over an onion? :|
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue May 08, 2007 8:10 am

*twitch
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue May 08, 2007 8:19 am

Sarell wrote:I was thinking... why the hell are people getting so pent up over an onion? :|

Bwahaha.
Hey, they are a staple part of stir-fries!
Mmmmm.. stir-fry...

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”