OFFLOAD the CHANTER!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Drogga
Sojourner

OFFLOAD the CHANTER!

Postby Drogga » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:15 am

not sure what others think but for me an enchanter is always so overworked while zoning. this fact making the class is less preferable to play for most people. Even current available enchanters, most of them easily get annoyed if the group make-up forced them to overwork.

Just think of the spells they usually cast: dragonscale, blur, globe, haste, reduce, enlarge, mind blanks.... weeee i believe not so many people would like to play such class. Even lilithelle having a hard time everytime she wanted to zone because of NO ONE WANT TO CHANT! even some of the available players actually play chanters.

Its been like that for a long while. I guess it is the right time for us to offload the chanter alil bit just so that more people are willing to chant when it is time to zone!

MY SUGGESTIONS ARE:

1) transfer 'blur' spell to become 8th circle spell for illusionist, i know they not really busy during zone. PLUS illus's 8th circle spells hardly use in zone. and if we think again... BLUR itself sounds more like an illus spell.

2) besides enchanter, make 'haste' as 6th circle spell for invoker as well. invoker is the MOST relax mage class in zone anyway. they just need to offload their offences... then mem.... offload again... etc etc... soooo unfair!

3) 'Globe' spell in my opinion should be given to necro at 8th circle instead of 9th circle. That will make necro more useful in zone too since necro is not a very preferable class in most zones lately (at least compare to a lich). And necro need non-undead area spell for 9th circle to make it more usefull in zone. for example, "soul drain" - area version of life drain spell perhaps.

by doing so perhaps most people will overcome the phobia of chanting for the group while zoning :P

EDITED on 29th june 2.33PM - my time :P

feedbacks welcome.
Last edited by Drogga on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:41 am

Great post. I've hated the enchanter class since it went in. Its why I didn't play Soj 2. They took a perfectly good well-rounded class (sorc), and split it in half.. making two one-dimensional classes. Invokers are just simply lame and easy and boring.. casting monks.. and enchanters are overworked nanny's keeping everyone else safe...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 am

I had the idea to just stick haste on the illusionist as well. Ppl bitched about the RP of it. I just say 'who gives a fuck' Illusionists kinda bores the sheet outta me when I'm playin one in a zone. Who knows on 3.5, but pending that, I'd like to see chanters be more desirable. That and the chronic ignored problem of them losing xp while mem'g out. Mobs always seem to tag them or clerical types on entry anyway. usually death sentence in a large zone.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:20 am

Heh, being a chanter myself, I can say that yes the Enchanter class is over worked, HOWEVER its easily managable by someone who actually pays attention to the details in the group. I mean hell even solo chanting Tiamat is semi easily done, I'd prefer to split the work load but chanter is a class that should NEVER be played by someone that isn't afraid of the work load that it entails. The only reason that someone should ever complain about chanter is when either a.) too lazy to play their class b.) afks too much to play it or c.) a newbie that didn't know what it means to be a chanter. When I decide to chant a zone I know what it takes to do the zone, and what spells need specific attention to detail, however in the 500 million zones I've done I've only ever bailed on one and got bitchy in I believe 2. So chanters are fine the way they are, don't change em, make it the class that not everyone can play in my honest opinion. Just my 2 cents in the matter.

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:20 am

i dont see invokers with enlarge/reduce...

i do however (ack) agree with the 8th circle blur for illusionists..

just my shiny half dolla'
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:37 am

make it the class that not everyone can play in my honest opinion. Just my 2 cents in the matter.
Nerox

The actual purpose of the post is actually to make that everyone can play chanters instead of very few kind of people :P

oh aye, if not reduce/enlarge for vokers..... give 'haste' spell to them. I think make more sense since the spell inherit some 'offense' nature.
Last edited by Drogga on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:38 am

Heh well then maybe i should elaborate on the post, EVERYONE can play an enchanter, but not everyone can be good at it. My fault for not being clear on the matter :)
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:52 am

I've known Nerox for quiet sometimes now and in my opinion he is quiet an extraordinary enchanter so lets count him out in this matter since consideration should be made base on average players :P and this mud cannot live depending on one extraordinary player anyway :P

I've played a chanter and base on my experience in zone, to be a good chanter in zone you must stick to the boring tasks while sometimes have the chance to cast prismatic spray. But most of the time, you too busy glancing tanks/clerics/rogues(globes) and spelling them up and miss good exp because you cant cast offenses. I know i can be good enchanter if i wanted to, but it just too boring and frustrating when i do. And when i try to make it more fun to play, i cause some groupmembers deaths hehe or they become less efficient.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:50 am

For the record I'd agree to the blur on an illusionist if the spell were changed to something a bit different .. to me blur is more movement/hits related, you BLUR into action, maybe short lived but you gain an extra attack or so .. but then would they displace or blur .. unless displace was changed too .. or make the choice based on class, the rogue needing blur, the tanks needing displace .. but haste on invoker? naw

not every class is for every person, please dont dumb up a fun as hell class to play (if that is your thing) to make it easier on the declining pbase ... to me the warrior classes are boring and i dont see how someone can play one .. but to others it is as fun to them as enchanter is to me

I love the fact that I can do a good job solo enchanting a zone without any fancy trigger set or automation at ALL .. some aliases and all set .. not everyone can do that and I am fairly proud of the fact that I am one who will be asked to enchant over any zoning class I have .. because I enjoy it..

How bout the more obvious fact that the classes that HAVE the capability to assist the enchanter don't .. we typically use a lich in zone when we can . why dont they help globe and haste (TYPICALLY not always) ? Heheh my lich is lvl 46 and I already have globe/haste aliases set up for when I can finally zone with her .. and deathpact DOES help sometimes (grin) .. I know on the rare occasion I get to play elementalist I try to ward when I can and keep a couple hastes memmed, unless the enchanter says they dont need the help ..

and lastly ... if you are a class that doesnt NEED a spell , dont ask for it :P
4 tanks and a bard is easy to keep up with along with group reduce .. but when a character asks for scale/blur while wielding a bow? *grin*
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:53 am

Drogga wrote:I've known Nerox for quiet sometimes now and in my opinion he is quiet an extraordinary enchanter so lets count him out in this matter since consideration should be made base on average players :P and this mud cannot live depending on one extraordinary player anyway :P

I've played a chanter and base on my experience in zone, to be a good chanter in zone you must stick to the boring tasks while sometimes have the chance to cast prismatic spray. But most of the time, you too busy glancing tanks/clerics/rogues(globes) and spelling them up and miss good exp because you cant cast offenses. I know i can be good enchanter if i wanted to, but it just too boring and frustrating when i do. And when i try to make it more fun to play, i cause some groupmembers deaths hehe or they become less efficient.

Here's my problem. First of all I wouldn't discount Nerox out of this at all. He is at this time probably the best chanter in the game. He's worked long and hard to become that. I've seen him zone he manages to get exp and nuke and really people don't go to a zone to nuke they go for the eq/exp. Why discount the opinion of the best chanter in the game in a chanter thread?!?!?

A LOT of people afk in zones i've lead zones with afk chanters it sucks because an afk chanter means whole group sits. If it's an afk rogue or tank or whatever you can push on and just dock their bid. With an afk chanter yer fucked making zones longer and people more tired/uneasy.

Every class has some quirks that only some people do. Anyone can play a rogue, but i'd still rather have Teba in my group over some of the ones who've bene pleveled and had khanjari's tossed on them. Yeah they do damage yeah they can sneak/hide, but Teba can do more because he knows his place in the group and his job.

Clerics are the same way anyone can heal/vit etc but I'd rather have Nalaya/Branthur in the group over most clerics because they roll vits, they can take as many vits as you toss on them, they can keep the right people healed at the right times. They know zones so they know when to quake and when not to etc.

Necro's are the same. How many necro's have solo necro'd tia. Lintral has, Tolud has, think there's been one more. Anyone can play a necro and pres corpses, but it's a pain having to do that alone for tia w/o a lich have to stay ontop of soulwalking/pressing and when people take breaks you end up touching up corpses.

I'm not gonna bother going through every class but we'll leave it at this. Every class has good players and bad players. Enchanters just make it more noticable because a bad chanter screws group so if you're not prepared to play one don't let someone else chant and don't complain.

Pril
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:21 pm

All of these issues are being addressed, please see these threads for more information:

Magic

Wizards and Specialization

Sorcerers
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 pm

I have a chanter so I am going to toss in my 2 cents.

If I had never rolled a rogue and learned to play that class I would still be playing chanter today. If they removed rogue class i would play chanter as my primary. It is my favorite classes besides rogue.

Chanter/illusionist are the best 2 classes in the game to play besides rogue in my opinion. You dont get bored, your skills alone can make or break a group, Your skills usualy decide whether or not your group can FIC or have to slowly lure.

Please leave chanters alone, they are a great class, great group ability and great solo ability. Just because someone doesnt like a certain class or its too hard for them to keep up with, dont change it, just play a diffrent class... i suggest Invoker or something.

As Pril stated each class has its good and bad players... Tanks stand out in my mind. Just cuz certain people suck at tanks and other are great at tanks (Kramel and Dlur) do we need to make that class easier as well? No, those people just need to play a diffrent class and find one they are good at.

Also playing an enchanter lets you see so many levels of the group dynamics. So many people that try enchanter become better at every class they play because they understand so much more now besides just rescue/bash, or besides inferno/thunderblast.

Its a great class as is, dont change it.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Another note, hey ramo, you might find chanter easier to play if you actualy stay at keys.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Solak
Sojourner

Postby Solak » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:46 pm

I like being a chanter, it keeps you busy and keys all the time:) I somtimes don't wanna chant in zones, cause i want to try other classes in zones too. But i don't see many evil chanters around, so i mostly have to chant even i am not good at it:)

Making chanting easier won't help chanters much, and maybe it will make them afk more. And in my opinion if you get use to play chanter, you won't mind over work much.
Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:48 pm

Malia wrote:Another note, hey ramo, you might find chanter easier to play if you actualy stay at keys.

I've been in many group where you went afk all of a sudden too. now do i have to be like you endlessly flaming you till you quit? I've been trying to ignore your whining about these for like years now and you just don't know when to stop and it is becoming very annoying shit. FYI i've improve alot in term of afk stuff and we not very different in term of that. we have RL and sometimes it owns us. I hope we can wrap this kiddies AFK whining up to this point.
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:12 pm

I'm going to go the opposite way and suggest that all classes be as engaging and entertaining to play as a chanter.

Of all the classes I've played/zoned with [granted, when I used to play], chanter was the one I always prefered. Why would I want to play a game that I can reduce to 2 or 3 scripts?
Last edited by Vikaz on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:33 pm

Corth is dead on.

Nerfed sorcs to 2 classes. Nerfed skills to the point where you can barely tell the difference between maxed warrior and unmaxed. Hence overworked enchanters and lazy invokers.

All being addressed so the point is moot.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Malia wrote:Please leave chanters alone, they are a great class, great group ability and great solo ability. Just because someone doesnt like a certain class or its too hard for them to keep up with, dont change it, just play a diffrent class... i suggest Invoker or something.

Trouble is, yet again, most nobody wants to play the class. Overworked. Waiting for 2.0 isn't an option for the meantime. If someone is on the ball and doesn't have time to pee or get a mountain dew during a zone..for hour(s), then all the more power to (a very select few) them.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:47 am

Do you see the people that play chanter most of the time complaining? nope! just the people trying the class out now...or people that arent that good at it.

The more active chanters that play are saying leave it alone and its a fun class. Nerox and Solak

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:15 am

We need Hsievssruk/Shaiith to chime in on this thread to pwn everyone. I'll bring the popcorn.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:53 pm

This idea about giving blur to illusionists has popped up every year or so since the class went in. It is absolutely the worst idea I have heard. The illusionist class is a well balanced and fun class to play. Its the best work shev has done. Why SCREW IT UP by making it into a overworked wannabe chanter? Instead, just get rid of blur (and dragonscales for that matter...), and make tanking damage more a function of skills and AC as it should be..
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Well now that I'm sober and awake can finally chime in why enchanter is fine just the way it is. I've noticed that most chanters time their ticks the same for each tank, and hence the high possibility that all spells on their tanks will fall at the same time. Biggest reason why I find the time to nuke mobs with the limited offensive spells chanters have is because tanks are on different ticks for their spells. So when they say its all about glancing every round, etc. they are obviously not counting the ticks in their head or with the assistance of z-mud, to determine when spells are going to fall. And in terms of haste, its the easiest spell to count the tick on because there is no variable that makes it drop faster/slower do to the combat, just level dependent.

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:46 pm

bawog wrote:Well now that I'm sober and awake can finally chime in why enchanter is fine just the way it is. I've noticed that most chanters time their ticks the same for each tank, and hence the high possibility that all spells on their tanks will fall at the same time. Biggest reason why I find the time to nuke mobs with the limited offensive spells chanters have is because tanks are on different ticks for their spells. So when they say its all about glancing every round, etc. they are obviously not counting the ticks in their head or with the assistance of z-mud, to determine when spells are going to fall. And in terms of haste, its the easiest spell to count the tick on because there is no variable that makes it drop faster/slower do to the combat, just level dependent.

I'm SOOO singing song of sorcery on your spell-ups... the ultimate test! :twisted:

j/k
Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:22 am

Lilithelle should toss her 2 cents here!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:56 am

I have a chanter. She's fully quested and *gasp* level 49. (Never thought I'd hit 50 again to be honest.)

I LOVE playing her... I HATE Zoning her.

She's my solo char. I can do SOOOOOOOOO much with her on my own or with a max of 2 other people. More than that and I get frustrated _because_ I have problems keeping up with spells. Too many years of playing a class to blow stuff up with. *laugh*

My biggest problem is a majority of enchanters are turned into spell robots. Ask any of the enchanters I group with as Eya or Lilira (my two zoners) and they'll (hopefully) tell you I ALWAYS thank them at least two or three times during a zone. Playing the class has shown me just how hard zoning enchanters work. Its one where you have to be able to pay attention the whole time, much to the disgust of those who have had the unfortunate experience of grouping with me as my enchanter when my two kiddos decide to start arguing. *grin*

Leave the class alone til 2.0 please. I'd rather have another multi-weekend. *laugh*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:37 pm

Drogga wrote:Lilithelle should toss her 2 cents here!

Why? She doesn't have an enchanter :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:41 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:
Drogga wrote:Lilithelle should toss her 2 cents here!

Why? She doesn't have an enchanter :P

I'm sure she does i think she's lvl 12ish or so. Totally zonable.

Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:32 pm

I don't mind chanting.

I already feel chanters in a 15 man zone group is fairly unloaded. You can always get help with haste from a bard, or globes from a necro/elementalist.

I think chanters have an issue xp-wise. I never like to chant zones where I know people are gonna die horribly (i.e. evil zonage). But thats another matter. (and not a part of this thread.)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:38 pm

chanters solo ds exp quite nicely among other things. But yea horrible exp tables.

Zotus
Sojourner

Postby Zotus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:11 am

if illusionists get blur as well, they will rape even harder.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:22 pm

bawog wrote:I mean hell even solo chanting Tiamat is semi easily done

AND HE LEADS IT AT THE SAME TIME!

Clearly the chanter class is too easy. The one dimensionality of it makes it a simply logic puzzle rather than an art form. I'd suggest put blur into 10th circle and halve its duration. Don't give it to illusionist they are already the best tanks. Make warrior mobs quaff fire shield potions and all mage mobs cast breach at the tanks.

What Corth said about sorcs is true too. If chanters are over worked (which they arn't), give them more spells to confuse them further. If they are already casting at their maximum rate, it doesn't hurt to give them ball lightning as they won't be able to mem it anyhow. If you combine vokers and chanter even with all the spells they would still have to choose a spec and then could play / mem what is needed with regard to the situation at hand. I think the concept of being over worked is pretty bizarre. So you can't keep every defense spell in the game up on every group member for an entire zone, oh dear, the mobs might be able to hit someone? Maybe your healers and tanks are just too slack when bridging the gap. What will happen next? Will we get to see a corpse lost on Toril 2.0? That could be fun!

I was thinking, wouldn't it be neat to give all skills to everyone? You can learn whatever you like as long as you put the time in, even more choice in how you play and what you zone. Instead of people saying to me, 'hey Ladak, get your ranger out we need him', they could say, 'hey Ladak, dress as an archer for this please'. The only thing being, you couldn't use magic if your carrying too much metal and the like - those sorts of restrictions. Could make some neat epic characters instead of the 20th alt.

Chanters can make 15% an hour solo too.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:52 pm

i know i shouldnt be reviving old threads but shrug i wasnt checking the bbs when this happened and i had to add my own retarded opinion to this shit.

chanters are not overworked however adding certain things would not make them unbalanced and crap
- mindblank.. even nerox hates casting that so why not in the same quest that you learn this spell you also learn group mindblank which cant be cast in combat and requires an expensive component ala barkskin.
- why this is not gamebreaking - frankly if group mindblank falls during fight you still have to put it up one by one and it still sucks and lets face it, there are not enough wandering psi mobs in zones for one to walk in mid spellup and ultrablast the fuck out of group.

now that that has been said i'll quit reading the bbs and revive old threads again 6months from now

/zap
Mirlantharn
Sojourner

Postby Mirlantharn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:21 am

bawog: Good enchanters not counting the ticks for the spells? I'm sorry, but there is a certain amount of randomness still in spellcasting in which that method does not work so well. Rather, it is the other events happening that cause the spells to not last quite as long as you would expect. Take dragonscales/stoneskin for instance; the tank is getting hit anywhere from a miss to a full direct hit, taking an appropriate amount of time off of the defensive spell duration. If I relied solely upon mentally counting ticks, my reapplication of said defensive spell would be much too late in a critical fight.

Counting ticks, or rather getting the feel for the right timing, of a spell is a good skill to have as an enchanter. The idea is to remind yourself that a certain spell should have worn off by now and might be ready for a reapplication. It is normally this situation that you find, in an intense heat of battle, that you have inadvertantly forgotten a target's spell.

This all being said, it should take me about 3 weeks totally to get back into my full enchanter rythme. Though I can do well enough with just half of that time.

I will say that the mindblank spell could do better as a _rare_ item spell component for a groupall casting effect. The time taken to memorize the group's full contingent and also applying the spell to everyone takes _way_ too long. (And yes, I just mentioned a detriment to the benefit, just so that it isn't unbalanced. I'm sorry, but it's about being fair to every other class on the mud.)

-Mirlantharn
Returning to a mud near you. Check local goodie towns for listings.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:42 pm

mind blank does not NEED to be cast that often .. maybe one or two fights in a few zones that come to mind, and even in those zones we typically cast it once then again if we spank or something .. dont see the big issue with it

and yep, Mirl I do that too, ask Arilin, I self-talk ... "o this spell should be fading on X player" .. etc

if you are only casting buffs of globe haste and scales solo chanting anything isnt too bad, not sure if i could do it for 9+ hrs as rusty as i am .. but i am quite sure any good enchanter could do it .. not trying to take anything away from nerox at all .. but it isnt as hard as it may appear .. toss the few damage spells chanters have in there as well .. not too hard .. we mem after MOST fights these days, where in the past we had to learn to prioritize spells, learn what to cast and when .. as an evil I used stones a LOT more than i do now, we simply didnt mem as much as i have noticed on the goodie side (course i was evil MANY years ago now in the heyday of evils) in fact Lil's lead style is more what we used to have on the evils side .. she doesnt call a mem every fight in most zones ..

-Italian Proverb
Ghimok
Sojourner

Postby Ghimok » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:53 pm

I like chanters as they are. It's one of the few classes I don't fall asleep as while playing in full-sized zone groups (most of the time). Some people enjoy being kept on their toes, and others don't.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:15 am

Thilindel wrote:Mobs always seem to tag them or clerical types on entry anyway. usually death sentence in a large zone.

That's an AI upgrade that was once a big deal in its own right. Giving mobs the intelligence/tactics to pick priority targets is a huge step towards making fights more realistic and challenging.

I'd say change enchanter XP tables (well, that will happen in 2.0) but I don't think I agree with the suggestion that we regress mobs to dumb them down.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:33 am

Ghimok wrote:I like chanters as they are. It's one of the few classes I don't fall asleep as while playing in full-sized zone groups (most of the time). Some people enjoy being kept on their toes, and others don't.

agree

although before the duration of haste was increased, that little spell made me want to punch a baby at times

but i enjoyed the work, and i enjoyed the (few) compliments i got for being on the ball with scales/stones/blur/haste
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:25 pm

hahaha Teyaha is why Telina was created, buahahaa

how's that carpal tunnel these days?

ok .. stopping before the giggles overcome me ..

-Italian Proverb
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:23 pm

Ambar wrote:hahaha Teyaha is why Telina was created, buahahaa

how's that carpal tunnel these days?

ok .. stopping before the giggles overcome me ..

pretty bad actually. had surgery in both hands recently

but i still enjoyed the workload on the enchanter (after hasten was extended. that was like 60% of an enchanters workload right there)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:56 pm

Man i wish I still had logs of that ONE jot run .. I bet Todrael does, hehehe

sorry bout the surgery, hope everything is ok now!!

-Italian Proverb
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Ambar wrote:Man i wish I still had logs of that ONE jot run .. I bet Todrael does, hehehe

sorry bout the surgery, hope everything is ok now!!

what jot run?

i have this pm from you from 2 years ago though

To: Teyaha
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:29 am
Subject: Glances
Goodies in general are lazy .. honestly evil enchanters were always better (not sure of now since i really dont zone at all anymore) even the scorps king fight .. they lure it rather than FUCKITCHARGE!

when i rolled my elementalist, i acted like an evil enchanter would .. i hasted, stoned, etc without question ... i got tell requests from people to roll a goodie chanter (hehe what fool but me would have 2 scalers:P 1 is only lvl 47 one is lvl 48) ... in fact at lvl 31 or 32 menatlist i out chanted the lvl 46 or 47 chanter if that makes any sense ..

it seemed natural to me, as you WELL know we only took one enchanter most times to haste/globe/scale 3 tanks and 2-3 rogues ... sometimes a back up stoner for mages

hell, you know in past times, the zone leader would have blown a gasket with all the gsay spam

Gromikazar group-says 'take it to fucking tells!"

rofl I remember Liam telling me to turn off the spam for certain things, hehehe, mostly from Basternae ...

Older times were more strict, but I think they were more effective, don't you? :(

clearly i wasnt THAT bad
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:38 pm

Nope not horrible, never said that :P If you were horrible you'd not have made more than one or two zone as an evil back then, hehe ..It was mostly the bitching about spellups because of your carpal tunnel .. never understood why a mudder would play an enchanter if he had carpal tunnel syndrome

good lord why would you keep a pm for two years, hehe

-Italian Proverb
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:44 pm

Ambar wrote:Nope not horrible, never said that :P If you were horrible you'd not have made more than one or two zone as an evil back then, hehe ..It was mostly the bitching about spellups because of your carpal tunnel .. never understood why a mudder would play an enchanter if he had carpal tunnel syndrome

good lord why would you keep a pm for two years, hehe

too lazy to delete things

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”