LF: New Players, < 2 years, lvl 45+

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ifin
Sojourner

LF: New Players, < 2 years, lvl 45+

Postby Ifin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:24 am

I'm going to put my "money" where my mouth is.

Seriously, if you started playing < 2 years, and are lvl 45+, and are active (I have a pretty good feeling of who is, but just don't know when you started) pm me, mwrite Ifinein, or send me a tell in game.

I only know of Solak (which surprised me) and Inames. Ganes is the only other up and coming one that I know of.

Ifin/Ifinein/Ifinien/Ifinian/Ifinoin/Hartor/Hartar/Hartir/Harfin/Harfan
razax
Sojourner

Postby razax » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:01 pm

afk a bit at the moment but i'll look you up when I get back online - on holidays and training at work.

zolo/evenshalee/razax/remo/erew
started dec 2005
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:27 am

are you giving out prizes or something? enquiring minds want to know. no i dont qualify.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Edit: ok three or more for shalath and hartor .. hey when ya get old as I am your mind wanders!! ..
Last edited by Ambar on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:00 pm

Shalath is at _least_ 3 years ago now--he was in Shades of Twilight with me and that was sooooooo long ago!

On a side-note, Edzay's much younger than 2 yrs old. :)
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:04 pm

If i remeber right Shalath and his alts were all deleted. So you cant count him anymore. Maybe im thinking of someone else but i think it was Shalath.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Solak
Sojourner

Postby Solak » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Edzay and me started together i guess:) He and Afu were the first ones help me level:P
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:10 am

So from what I can gather:

Solak|Lotur|Olak|Totocogun|Refarin|Nenir|Tutus|Tutac|Tutpih|Nute|Nuzes|Iralis|Boru|Netur|Sotat (2005)
Edzay|Zazah|Firoc|Rogogogog|Riroc|Etillah|Alinun (2005)
Zolo|Evenshalee|Razax|Suro|Eci|Sih|Elanilee|Erew (2005)
Ezwar|Balam|Asina (2005)
Meli|Anzar|Esta (?)
Inames|Sedaw|Islon|Itanul|Sunamit|Ugrah|Aremat|Ishiras|Aninen|Esened|Seltic|Esubin|Aleadis|Misaba
Ganes (almost)

Bronac|Azog|Pralos|Fribbly|Bryndok|Jadah (from Homeland)
Zinilis|Tibek|Raxes|Zicodukez|Barzen|Zoracilor - < 2004

are the only players active, that's really started < 2 years ago and 45+
Last edited by Ifin on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:43 am

Ezwar is fairly new as well. Think we finally got him to start playing and get his voker to 50 all within the last year.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:29 pm

Okie. Thanks for the help getting list together.

Just an observation:

What's interesting is out of the 8.5 players to make it to 45+ in a 2 year span, 6 of them started out as evil main.

And then they hit the evil glass ceiling and rerolled to goodie... eventually.

1 of the goodie main not too sure about.

The other has a pretty unique personality and stayed in large part due to one mentor.
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 am

Revised:

6.5 new players, 4 of them started together all the way back in 2005. Not too sure about Meli.

Can't find/contact anyone who's been here just 1-1.5 years and decided to grind it out (cept' for Inames and Ganes (almost) ).

Here's another interesting snapshot from Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:33 pm Post subject: REBUILDING PBASE.

OFFICIAL NEWBIES

Murilon/fereg [below 30th]
edzay, zezep, zellas, zazah, alinun [under 3 months]
Asmaria [very newbie]
razax and evenshalee [under 3 months]
Phalastar xadin kazie [below 30th]
Hudar [very newbie]
Nehok [below 30th]
Maneris [very newibie]
Tehez [very newbie]
Gelron [very newbie]
Zaves [very newbie]
Piplag [very newbie]
Vigon [new here, use to play Homeland]
Erun [very newbie]
Xisskas [very newbie]

Just an observation.
Emarin
Sojourner

Postby Emarin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:35 am

Everyone will agree. I'm about as noobie as it gets... I'm even less than 2 years exp! Just ask around!
Dartan tells you '*roll*'
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:47 pm

It's been asked what I plan to do.

One is to highlight a problem we already known for a long time, but people always want empirical proof, so this is an attempt to get it.

It's been about 2 years ago when we started feeling the pbase crunch, many posted around that time, I remember Pava even had a lengthy post etc. - this was when we were starting to reach that "critical mass".

And in some sense I think we passed that point. It's the same people on/zoning; only old players coming back, no new ones to interact with. People want to talk about time sinks? How about once we *finally* form a zone group (95% of the time w/experienced, same players), we petition the imms, and they just give us the eq?

Nothing regarding the newbie game has been done since then. It can be said changes are too long, hard, etc., esp. w/Tia and then 2.0, but I really think the effort isn't THAT large in order to create LARGE rewards, which would've helped a lot.

The imms do contribute a lot of time and energy here, and I thank them and appreciate them providing this game. But, I think that policy and resource distribution is one area that has been flawed for awhile.

I wanted to quietly do this, and started with the people on the list, but I'll say my intent to bring out anyone I missed:

I'm distributing my 4 sets of eq to people in this category in a methodical fashion.

I believe that "passing down" eq also has a LOT to do w/the eq inflation and isn't a good thing for the MUD, but in this sense, I can see where it goes and help stabilize "newer" people instead of contributing to trade bait to the high level friends that I have.

So to bring out any more than the 6.5 that I found, let me know.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:06 am

Ifin wrote:It's been asked what I plan to do.

One is to highlight a problem we already known for a long time, but people always want empirical proof, so this is an attempt to get it.

It's been about 2 years ago when we started feeling the pbase crunch, many posted around that time, I remember Pava even had a lengthy post etc. - this was when we were starting to reach that "critical mass".

And in some sense I think we passed that point. It's the same people on/zoning; only old players coming back, no new ones to interact with. People want to talk about time sinks? How about once we *finally* form a zone group (95% of the time w/experienced, same players), we petition the imms, and they just give us the eq?

Nothing regarding the newbie game has been done since then. It can be said changes are too long, hard, etc., esp. w/Tia and then 2.0, but I really think the effort isn't THAT large in order to create LARGE rewards, which would've helped a lot.

The imms do contribute a lot of time and energy here, and I thank them and appreciate them providing this game. But, I think that policy and resource distribution is one area that has been flawed for awhile.

I wanted to quietly do this, and started with the people on the list, but I'll say my intent to bring out anyone I missed:

I'm distributing my 4 sets of eq to people in this category in a methodical fashion.

I believe that "passing down" eq also has a LOT to do w/the eq inflation and isn't a good thing for the MUD, but in this sense, I can see where it goes and help stabilize "newer" people instead of contributing to trade bait to the high level friends that I have.

So to bring out any more than the 6.5 that I found, let me know.

hehe dolars to donuts says those newer players are better geared than me

my best piece is the grey-green bracers from tf. apparantly,if KegorStats is right....boy im waaaay behind the curve

i had no idea so much new gear was put into the game in the last 4 years
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:00 am

It's refreshing in a way Teyaha. Players really don't need to quest anymore for gear unless they want to do upgraded versions of items.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:45 am

Exactly, quests can be geared towards those who specifically like questing.

Anyhow, Ifin, I'm curious about something - are there people who play but don't check the BBS and don't play frequently? If so your survey would miss them, wouldn't it? I remember I used to know a lot of people who only logged in maybe 1/month for an hour or so but they still kept it up for years.

So your survey results are biased towards hardcore zoning people who don't mind letting everyone know they are new. Correct?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Well those people who log in 1/month probably are more established (made it to high levels, did their thing, and are retired) and that doesn't count as active.

I have a pretty complete idea of who is "around" the game, it was just a mattering of seeing when people really started. And people talk to people, I posted on boards in cities and I sent tells to people in game as well that I wasn't sure of. And you're right, 3 of the people who contacted me didn't read the boards, but inquired about my post on the FT boards, or said that someone said I wanted to talk to them.

So, no, I think my survey is pretty complete.

Even w/the new enticements of high end eq I haven't received any new replies.

Again this was to measure people who've started in the last two years, who've actually grinded it to 45+, and play. The results show a retention rate of probably <5%.

It's a glaring measurement of the failures of the newbie game that should have been priority 2 years ago, and denial to think otherwise.

On a side note, for quests, high end wise people will do hard quests just for an extra few AC/hps/saves/hit/dam - as long as the ANSI looks better, and also just for recognization and something to do. Low/mid lvl eq quests are worthless - they should just be changed to xp quests.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:11 pm

That's because almost everyone is fucking retarded and think just because they had to suffer as a newbie others should too.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:22 pm

Dalar wrote:That's because almost everyone is fucking retarded and think just because they had to suffer as a newbie others should too.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:25 am

I just started a year ago. Can I have some shaman gear?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:03 am

Ifin wrote:Well those people who log in 1/month probably are more established (made it to high levels, did their thing, and are retired) and that doesn't count as active.

I guess it wasn't clear - I'm also talking about new player behavior, not returning level 50s or the like. Some of these people were only level 20 at the time, and I know at least one never made it higher than 25. But they liked the game and kept plugging away at it, going back to conquer the same zonelets once they advanced in level just for kicks.

Anyhow, it's an interesting result no matter what.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”