Redundant item stats

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Redundant item stats

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:00 pm

Name them:

Helds being hp/maxint, nebula, beholder eye, orb of power/might
Helds hp/maxwis, sphere of nature, orb of air, chalice of elven gods
MD sleeves vs Cloud sleeves, 1 ac 1 hp 1 sv spell difference
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:03 pm

these have identical stats?

shouldnt they vary a bit depending on difficulty to acquire?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:32 pm

They vary by very small amounts.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Does every item in the game need to have unique stats, or can someone who wants a particular benefit choose from several different options?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:36 am

The items you mention varies a lot.

I could understand if you had mentioned some ac6 +3dam +9dex belts or something, but the aforementioned items are very different. Like chalice is anti_evil and pfg
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Disoputlip wrote:Like chalice is anti_evil and pfg

It's also a drink container, and +oldschool style (at least in the past.)

Dalar, there's a related thread you might find interesting. It concerned the concept that having different but similar eq allows players to tweak their min/maxing just how they like it with regard to saves/maxstats/AC etc. If there isn't a spectrum of eq that fine tweaking won't be possible.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 am

Yes, because pfg is so important. There are only 3 hp/maxagi items and they're the best items in the game. All this hp/sv spell or hp/maxint/wis crap isn't needed.

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Dalar wrote:Yes, because pfg is so important. There are only 3 hp/maxagi items and they're the best items in the game. All this hp/sv spell or hp/maxint/wis crap isn't needed.

Oh, I'm not saying we don't need more variety in maxstat attributes. It's now possible to have something like +200 maxwis by my last count. I just think that it would be better to add in new items rather than change out old items (+maxint items becoming +maxdex or something would simply confuse everyone.) And I do really think it's nice to be able to choose among options for a given slot.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:47 pm

One gay thing is elemental orb's quest only raises it one freaking max_int. *yawwn*
Ghimok
Sojourner

Postby Ghimok » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:09 pm

I honestly don't mind that there are several items of very similar stats as long as they are _roughly_ the same difficulty to obtain and have different ansi.

While I do agree that there are equipment profiles that aren't addressed very well yet, such as hps/max agil, I don't think it's necesary to change existing equipment. Put the lacking stat combos in new zones.

In some ways I'd rather there was more equipment that had similar stats with different ansi. I hate looking just like everyone else. If anyone wants to make a zone with neck items the same as GF periapts with different ANSI I'd be glad to smite your zone to get rid of those fugly things from my person. Either that or make restrings obtainable.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:30 pm

Thilindel wrote:One gay thing is elemental orb's quest only raises it one freaking max_int. *yawwn*

God I loved that quest.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”