Storages

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Storages

Postby Dalar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:07 am

How long do storages stay in game ie you can store something but it shows up on locate even if it's on another character's storage. Do items on storage prevent 1 load items from loading?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:33 pm

15 or so minutes, and yes. Items in a storage cache that have not "rented" yet do mess with loads.

This particular nugget of knowledge has been a personal pet peeve since storages were implemented. If I get my way it will be changed with a new command "storage close" which will save the cache and close it either with the tic or instantly :)

Even if this gets changed, it may not be soon because it isn't high on the priority list. With that said, I'll see if I can get it on the next pre 2.0 fixes list for next imp. :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:45 am

I remember testing this a while back and I "thought" this could be gotten around by explicitly using another char's storage.

Eg. As Shalath, I have a widget that I want to store so that I can pop it again. I do:

storage access akeb mypassword
storage store widget
storage access close

But I tested this just now using locate and it doesn't seem to work. Has this changed, or did I just screw up when I tested it before (which was admittedly like two years ago).

-simon
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:13 am

shalath give me morningstar and be happy
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:46 am

"Popping" items is illegal. Don't let Mystra catch you.

*duck!* :p

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”