Pet exp

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Pet exp

Postby Dalar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:41 am

So back in the day, the MUD briefly granted full exp to players and 0 to pets. This was probably removed because people were plvling others with pets and owner was out of group. Can this be put back in and only work if owner is in the room?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:08 am

I think it was removed because pet classes got it too easy, especially necromancers.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:07 am

Disoputlip wrote:I think it was removed because pet classes got it too easy, especially necromancers.

Yea I have no clue what I'm talking about and in no way did me leveling from 1-42 in literally one night and them changing it the next day have any correlation whatsoever.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 am

I agree with Darty - I've always said that pets are an extension of damage and control/manipulation, just as a druid's doom spell, for example. The druid's critters are what kills, not the druid itself. Even though the doom spell may be nature (but really seemingly is summoning) ... Maybe someone more versed in D&D type would know better *shrug*

Either way, I feel pets' kills should yield xp. Hell, even if you could xp pets, that'd bring a whole new aspect to the mud.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:53 pm

actually dalar it went from full xp to full xp with owner only in room, to being taken away entirely

i wouldnt mind the 'with owner in room' put back in though.

so what if necros are easy to level (unless you are well geared, this is only true after you get shadows, and then you usually have a certain amount of downtime to deal with if it gets hurt badly before you have heal undead). not like necros are a zone powerhouse class. and not like people dont already circumvent this using oblivion with a triggerset.

it would, however, make life a little more interesting for elementalists and shaman fer sure.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:12 am

What does it matter if the owner is in the room if they aren't in the group?

That out of the room bit didn't have much to do with it before. Sometimes we (the necro/lich) would just stand there invis on mobs that couldn't see invis.

I remember helping a few people power level up in the course of a night. I used to even invis the pleveled party with me and just let pets mow down HP ship. So are you suggesting that pets get zero exp, and the lich/necro has to be grouped with the pets at all time (basically if lich ungroups so do pets), and then the exp is being split between the lich and whoever else player wise is there?

Is that what you're asking for? Exp split between players in group and room, but nothing to pets, and pets auto-ungroup from the group with their master?

Ps. Gimmie your shammy. I wanna do BT and see wut it's like so I can stop playing wow and mud again. :(
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:21 am

Llaaldara wrote:What does it matter if the owner is in the room if they aren't in the group?

That out of the room bit didn't have much to do with it before. Sometimes we (the necro/lich) would just stand there invis on mobs that couldn't see invis.

I remember helping a few people power level up in the course of a night. I used to even invis the pleveled party with me and just let pets mow down HP ship. So are you suggesting that pets get zero exp, and the lich/necro has to be grouped with the pets at all time (basically if lich ungroups so do pets), and then the exp is being split between the lich and whoever else player wise is there?

Is that what you're asking for? Exp split between players in group and room, but nothing to pets, and pets auto-ungroup from the group with their master?

Ps. Gimmie your shammy. I wanna do BT and see wut it's like so I can stop playing wow and mud again. :(

he means that pets do not get any xp when grouped, unless the owner is not in the room with the pets. at which point, they do.

it was like this for a brief time. i remember levelling many little drow-bies in DK with my snake necro during this time.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”