Graydawn cloaks, FK shield, Randar weapons, CM epic

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Graydawn cloaks, FK shield, Randar weapons, CM epic

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:35 am

Can these get some proc love? The last weapon proc implemented in the news is pretty awesome for the amount of work you have to do (not much). The items above except the Randar weapons are incredibly difficult to do with
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:38 am

dude, that's like asking for holy/unholy water sprinkler to get a proc, scimitar already gets the proc from that epic quest, but sprinkler is a weapon, and just as hard to get........which makes it the 1 exception to my next statement.

when the quest yeilds multiple items, each with nice stats, adding a proc to a weapon recieved from the quest is, at least in my mind, not warrented, unless it's an EPIC quest, such as oakvale, or kern/erlan

you ask for what would be nice, but not worthy
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:35 pm

GD cloaks get no proc nor multiple items. Quite extensive work, including some of the best boots, save tia...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:43 pm

Larem wrote:dude, that's like asking for holy/unholy water sprinkler to get a proc, scimitar already gets the proc from that epic quest, but sprinkler is a weapon, and just as hard to get........which makes it the 1 exception to my next statement.

when the quest yeilds multiple items, each with nice stats, adding a proc to a weapon recieved from the quest is, at least in my mind, not warrented, unless it's an EPIC quest, such as oakvale, or kern/erlan

Is this a serious post or a troll/sarcasm post?

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:45 pm

Dalar wrote:
Larem wrote:dude, that's like asking for holy/unholy water sprinkler to get a proc, scimitar already gets the proc from that epic quest, but sprinkler is a weapon, and just as hard to get........which makes it the 1 exception to my next statement.

Did you see who posted it? :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Birile wrote:
Dalar wrote:

Did you see who posted it? :)

Heh seriously. FK and GD make oakvale, musp, and kern/erlan look like a joke. I've seen 4 people almost do or do Erlan in the past month or two and it took me 5 to do get to the last step in FK and I had to borrow crap to finish GD in 5 months. FK with little competition, GD with some minor competition.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:43 am

I felt that GD's cloak was rather epic myself. Extremely so. Very involved.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 am

Define "epic."

I just didn't see either FK or GD as epic quests.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:52 am

Epic = time consuming.

Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:46 am

when i think of an epic quest, i think of one that sends you to several zones, that are far apart and not connected with each other in any way. Epic quests have several steps involved, not just rare items. Epic quests also tend to end in a fight for a cause, either good or evil in nature. Epic quests are not just spending time hunting rares in the same zone, over and over until you get everything you need. Epic quests are extremely hard to complete because of their epic nature, usually takes a group to aquire all the items from the various zones.

oh, and while i'm thinking about stupid things, 5 months to finish fk/gd? whut evar, who cares, how long before erlan got done after it came in? i know it took me well over a year to collect everything i needed to finish oakvale, and it still wasn't easy once i had everything, maybe another 3 months to get a group to finish it.

just because you think a quest is hard, doesn't make it epic.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:05 am

Larem wrote:when i think...

the world suffers.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:39 am

Larem wrote:when i think of an epic quest, i think of one that sends you to several zones, that are far apart and not connected with each other in any way. Epic quests have several steps involved, not just rare items. Epic quests also tend to end in a fight for a cause, either good or evil in nature. Epic quests are not just spending time hunting rares in the same zone, over and over until you get everything you need. Epic quests are extremely hard to complete because of their epic nature, usually takes a group to aquire all the items from the various zones.

oh, and while i'm thinking about stupid things, 5 months to finish fk/gd? whut evar, who cares, how long before erlan got done after it came in? i know it took me well over a year to collect everything i needed to finish oakvale, and it still wasn't easy once i had everything, maybe another 3 months to get a group to finish it.

just because you think a quest is hard, doesn't make it epic.

That's 5 months almost uncontested in FK. The other group has taken over a year.

Your definition of epic doesn't matter because the eq calculator doesn't care about you going to other zones. It cares about kills.

Are you kidding me? A year to finish Oakvale? I'm pretty sure there was only one extremely rare rare and Corth and I finished 2 within 6 months without even trying very hard. Not only that, we had gimp dwarven warriors who didn't wear hp gear except rings, an enchanter who didn't use blur, and MAYBE 1 invoker at the time as well.

Also, look up the GD/FK quest on your guild's website. GD's requires 7 rares and to do 4 zones (roots/seelie/izans/oakvale). FK requires you to zone every boot for 6+ months. Oakvale requires 5 dragon rares that nobody even bothers to kill because they're useless, 1-2 rares that are extremely easy to find/get, 1 rare that isn't as hard anymore, and do tarrasque, CC, oakvale, and manscorps. Same amount of rares, similar zone difficulties, but FK/GD's rares are MUCH higher than oakvale's.

Eilistraee/Marthammor care to chime in? This is going to turn into a flamefest fairly quickly since the casuals are beginning to chime in.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 am

It's also ridiculous that you guys gave one-eye a freakin stun/feeblemind on melee crit proc for a quest that is out of Hulburg that is not even close to their definition of "epic".

Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:42 pm

One of the motivating factors behind the bludgeon's bounty was that it has little else to offer to a wielder other than that it does stuff now. But I had overestimated the involvement for the bludgeon originally and will have to make adjustments.

For the other quests referenced, part of the determining factor becomes the final stats on the items. Part of it too is that there were other procs requested for some of the zones, and the suggested items in the subject of this email were statted and designed by the maker to not utilize a proc to enhance value.

For other quests like Randars, I can only assume that the reason there is no code involved with the zone is because the rule of making a code-free zone for an author's first is still out there. I'm more flexible about the rule than others have been in the past, and it could well warrant something.

I'm already ruminating on procs for a couple of other items currently though, and I don't want to commit pondering any more because inevitably I'll forget something. Kinda like how I'd forgotten the liches infravision bit for so long.
Eilistraee
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:42 pm

OK, the GD cloaks aren't good at all for the amount of work you have to do. You're better off doing dragon cult robes for more useable stats, which is a much easier quest and requires almost no zones. GD cloaks offer very little to wielder comparing what you have to give up. You're practically exchanging one useless stat for another useless stat for cloak of the fay and a minor hp upgrade for faeriekind. That amount of -height is situational at best and the only situation I'd ever use it in is if I was tanking CM war parties as my lich, which is inefficient as is.

I'd also like to bring up the fact that the BS swords require how many zones to do for the COMPLETELY overpowered procs they have? So are we goign to have to wait 5 years for Lilithelle to quit before we're going to consider a proc like how you guys did with the bludgeon?

I mean do you guys need me to post the exact quest info for all the epic quests to get my point across? This isn't just another one of my rants where I'm right anyways. It's about making content worth doing rather than people finishing it then quitting (oh shit this already happened and it will happent o me soon) because this game is dying and it doesn't help you make content that requires months to do with a dismal pbase.

Basically if this shit isn't fixed or implemented, see you again in 4 years when Toril 2.0 is out. If you guys are going to keep up this type of quality zones for hard quests and make completely overpowered gear for easier zones, I have little hope for Silverymoon and its support zones. Hell I already think Menzo is a waste of time and I haven't even stepped foot in there.

What really pisses me off is that I spent 5-6 months doing FK/GD. I spent the first month of my return doing dragon cult and I was almost done in 2 weeks. I spent 5 months to get a downgrade on the cloak. As for the shield, it sucks. Reference my log of me tanking 12 Tiamat demons WITHOUT the shield and I had elven agility.

Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:38 am

damn dude, have you considered switching to decaf? i mean whoa, step back for a moment and think back to the older days when people quested things because they were DIFFERENT, not because they made everything else look like a glowing green cap in stats. C'mon and realize that there are some things that are just out there to be different, to be drool'd over because they are an ACHIEVEMENT, not a god-like artifact. I know i used to drool over gura because he'd walk around with resistance shield, the stats weren't that much better than eye-tyrant shield at the time, which is now lamely just hp but that's another story, the fact of the matter is, it was something cool that he had done and i had not done, it doesn't matter what the stats were, it's all about the style, wearing things others don't to show off your hard work and dedication to something. First tia run since her return, how many sub par items we got there? how many of them sit in a bag? none, people wear them just to show that they did tiamat, so in sumation, it's not about stats, it's about having things others don't, to show that you've taken the time to do it. It may not help your charactor, but it still makes others look at you and go wow, a new toy, he's cool
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 am

Larem wrote:damn dude, have you considered switching to decaf? i mean whoa, step back for a moment and think back to the older days when people quested things because they were DIFFERENT, not because they made everything else look like a glowing green cap in stats. C'mon and realize that there are some things that are just out there to be different, to be drool'd over because they are an ACHIEVEMENT, not a god-like artifact. I know i used to drool over gura because he'd walk around with resistance shield, the stats weren't that much better than eye-tyrant shield at the time, which is now lamely just hp but that's another story, the fact of the matter is, it was something cool that he had done and i had not done, it doesn't matter what the stats were, it's all about the style, wearing things others don't to show off your hard work and dedication to something. First tia run since her return, how many sub par items we got there? how many of them sit in a bag? none, people wear them just to show that they did tiamat, so in sumation, it's not about stats, it's about having things others don't, to show that you've taken the time to do it. It may not help your charactor, but it still makes others look at you and go wow, a new toy, he's cool

we still did it for the stats back in the day before tiamat and the new ezmode gear zones came in.

Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:47 am

Drama queen
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Shrug, i have yet to meet a good player who's said FK is a reasonable quest for its rewards. Everyone has said "wow... I can see why you're pissed". Have fun in Silverymoon because I won't be around for that.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:21 am

I didn't say that. FK got on my nerves for sheer forced groupage annoyance, but other than that, I was mostly happy with it. Now I WILL admit to maybe raising my voice a bit over one particular quest... maybe voicing a bit of disgruntlement... maybe expressing a smidgen of discontent... maybe wanting to throttle the living f*** out of a certain somebody over it... but that was just one of them. For the most part I had a lot of fun doing them. GD more than FK, but only because I SERIOUSLY despised the forced grouping.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:10 am

I looked at my tatterfoal staff count and i only busted FK around 10-15 times, uxur and morena did the rest.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:08 am

If any of you non-Imphras people need a nudge in the right direction for these quests, send me a PM with your e-mail address. It's the only way i can prove how lame it is.

Osheara
Sojourner

Postby Osheara » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:02 pm

So you are going to blatantly hand out the quest answers to whoever asks of it...

...or you expect everyone to believe that you are willing to wait 5-6 months to prove yourself right in the eyes of those who attempt to take you up on your offer.

I say attempt because really, you can only have 1-2 groups constantly working that zone for the quests in the first place. It pushes competition, which maybe is part of your problem. No one is willing to fight you for the first dibs on the zone. Man, could you imagine how pissed you'd be if you had to spend even MORE time on the zone cause other people decided to do it at the same time too?

Remember, that one time, way back when, when people used to run to rares and actually not make it cause someone was just a little bit faster :P hehe...
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Larem wrote:damn dude, have you considered switching to decaf?

I hate quotes but .... man that was funny!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Osheara wrote:So you are going to blatantly hand out the quest answers to whoever asks of it...

...or you expect everyone to believe that you are willing to wait 5-6 months to prove yourself right in the eyes of those who attempt to take you up on your offer.

I say attempt because really, you can only have 1-2 groups constantly working that zone for the quests in the first place. It pushes competition, which maybe is part of your problem. No one is willing to fight you for the first dibs on the zone. Man, could you imagine how pissed you'd be if you had to spend even MORE time on the zone cause other people decided to do it at the same time too?

Remember, that one time, way back when, when people used to run to rares and actually not make it cause someone was just a little bit faster :P hehe...

Still happens... you of all people who know that. Trust me. Not many people will waste 6+ months on a stupid quest that doesn't yield khanjari/bs sword power.

Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Graydawn cloaks, FK shield, Randar weapons, CM epic

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:24 pm

bump

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm with you fully. The cloak didn't have nearly the impact (either of them actually) I would expect, for the quest is quite extensive.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re:

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:18 am

Ashiwi wrote:Define "epic."

I just didn't see either FK or GD as epic quests.

If you had to rarecamp at least 50x!
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:55 pm

Good thing Vortex is getting looked at. I hope Gormal starts bitching about FK/GD/CM as well.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:48 pm

I've been idly killing CM mobs for quest items but the rarity of especially one item that drops in a zone is the huge cockblock for that quest since everyone is going to bid it even if they aren't seriously working on the quest or near that step yet.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”