Comarian Mines - limbs

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Comarian Mines - limbs

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:52 pm

This is regarding the quest wherein you must get certain rareload body parts from certain mobs. Think about what I just said. Friggin rareload fingers buddy. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. On top of that, what is the load rate on the body parts? I did 10 pops of 6 of the mob types each. 60 mobs.

One of 3 different body parts loaded.

There better be something damn good as a reward.

P.S. Eilistraee told me the items were loading just fine. That's at least a little bit comforting to know. But can we PERHAPS look into the load rate on these ridiculous rareload body parts? Thanks.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:01 pm

Welcome to the worst grind in the game... CM.
Klandal
Sojourner

CM Rewards

Postby Klandal » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:14 am

Being the first (with Greg) to do most of the CM quests, I can assure you that only one quest in the zone was worth the reward given the time/risk/items used (and it wasn't the epic one). Overall I liked the idea of the zone having multiple purposes, but having extremely consuming quests yield mostly sub-par items was frustrating. No, I didn't do the quests only for the rewards; I took pride in doing something that hadn't been done, but it's nice to be able to find the rewards usable in a form other than +style.

Good luck!
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'
Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 pm

Please tel me you're talking about claws.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:07 am

Bingo. There are a few situational items that can be useful but not worth the effort.
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'

Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
Latreg
Sojourner

Re: Comarian Mines - limbs

Postby Latreg » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:This is regarding the quest wherein you must get certain rareload body parts from certain mobs. Think about what I just said. Friggin rareload fingers buddy. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. On top of that, what is the load rate on the body parts? I did 10 pops of 6 of the mob types each. 60 mobs.

One of 3 different body parts loaded.

I'm sure it made sense in the mind of the creator. other body parts would include teeth,organs,heads,hair etc. I like the quests, haven't done any of the epic ones.... while I like the quests I think some of the rewards need looking at, but that's for another thread.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:26 pm

My personal opinion about how rareload bodyparts work...

When the part doesn't load, it means that in the process of killing the mob, you rendered the part unrecognizable. Thus you couldn't realistically loot the fingers/head/arms/legs.

Its a theory that can have all sorts of holes poked in it, but it's the most sense I can make out of having a rareload body part.

As for the load rates, well they are low but they are farmable. It's a grind and it's one that I'm all too willing to not do, but the items will load given enough runs.
Eilistraee
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:47 pm

*shrug* I dunno... I kinda liked the quest where ya get the book of tricks (500 pp with 20+ hp??? not too shabby... only other 500 pp books I can think of come from Tiamat) and the bag of tricks.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:54 pm

Eilistraee wrote:My personal opinion about how rareload bodyparts work...

When the part doesn't load, it means that in the process of killing the mob, you rendered the part unrecognizable. Thus you couldn't realistically loot the fingers/head/arms/legs.

Its a theory that can have all sorts of holes poked in it, but it's the most sense I can make out of having a rareload body part.

As for the load rates, well they are low but they are farmable. It's a grind and it's one that I'm all too willing to not do, but the items will load given enough runs.

I'd rather have a set amount of kills = reward vs smashing my head into the wall while waiting for rares to spawn.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Result

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Okay, I finally finished the quest. After much time killing the same mobs over and over and over and over and over again, I finished the quest.

I've wasted my time, completely. I've died doing it as well.

With the exception of the ring, which is OKAY even though it is evil-only and has other restrictions, this quest is not worth doing at all. I can get better items doing 3 regular mobs in other zones, including older zones. I could do some of the BAD BGR quests and get better rewards.

At first I never stepped foot in CM for the sheer hatred of farming items for quests. I came in out of my usual curiosity and love of exploring and figuring things out. I should have stuck with my original impression and gut instinct to stay the hell out.

Please, PLEASE look into the rewards for this zone, as others have mentioned before. I won't be doing any more exploration/questing here.

Thanks.
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Result

Postby Dalar » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:11 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Okay, I finally finished the quest. After much time killing the same mobs over and over and over and over and over again, I finished the quest.

I've wasted my time, completely. I've died doing it as well.

With the exception of the ring, which is OKAY even though it is evil-only and has other restrictions, this quest is not worth doing at all. I can get better items doing 3 regular mobs in other zones, including older zones. I could do some of the BAD BGR quests and get better rewards.

At first I never stepped foot in CM for the sheer hatred of farming items for quests. I came in out of my usual curiosity and love of exploring and figuring things out. I should have stuck with my original impression and gut instinct to stay the hell out.

Please, PLEASE look into the rewards for this zone, as others have mentioned before. I won't be doing any more exploration/questing here.

Thanks.

lol just give up dude. Shit isn't going to change after 4 years of people bitching about it. I'm not just talking about CM as well.

Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat May 10, 2008 11:56 pm

As a special bonus, some items from CM with stats are flagged as treasure, so you can't auction them.

Any chance peridot and favor could be unflagged treasure to be able to auction them?

Thanks as usual.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun May 11, 2008 12:33 am

Now, i realise it is not my place to tell any entity how to run their game, and maybe this is the wrong thread for this comment, but since someone touched on the idea above, i just have to ask....

Why doesn't the administrative/coder staff of the mud listen to the players? I realize time is a commodity and not all ideas are truly worthy of implementation. I realize there is a certain "triage" that needs to happen that takes into account importance, relevance, and time consumption. There are people who spend a TON of time here and complete these scripted quests created by the staff. I realize the staff have something in mind when they create it, and it is usually well thought out. But on the playing end of it, nobody, and i do mean NOBODY has more experience with it than the players. I realize the perspective of admins and that of players is different. But from my perspective there is certainly still a GIANT gap between risk and reward attached to most quests. I have not participated in the above mentioned quests as i truly don't have enough time to get very involved in the game, and i am wholly disappointed in the rewards for the quests i have done.

It should come down to a handful of factors listed below in no particular order:

1. Number of items requried. (pretty straightforward, no explanation requred)
2. Frenquency of load. (rare, rediculously rare, etc)
3. Difficulty to obtain. (both access to the items required for the quest as well as the quest mob itself. things that increase difficulty can be extraplanar, somewhere in an aggressive zone that requires a group, etc)
4. Stats of the items being turned in. (in some cases the item quested for requries a lot of the above and merely alters the abilities to different abilities of a similar power level, and sometimes of a lesser power level)

And as a special bonus, i think there should be a reward to the first person to do some of these epic quests. Make it something special. I'm not talking artifacts or anything, but since the first time is always the hardest, make it worth the extra effort they had to put forth.

Del
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun May 11, 2008 12:54 am

Most of the rewards don't require an in-depth analysis to see that they're lacking severely. CM is a daunting zone for the staff to look at because its just so big. Inspiring players to get into content that isn't really done does seem like it should be a priority though.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun May 11, 2008 2:36 am

Downgrade everything else?
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun May 11, 2008 3:29 am

With how bad some of the rewards are, you'd have to downgrade everything.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”