TorilMUD Statistics

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

TorilMUD Statistics

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue May 20, 2008 6:11 am

Set #1

Zones Appropriate to Level as determined by given range from the credits command in-game.

"The number of zones the credits list says are appropriate for your character level."

Last edited by teflor the ranger on Tue May 20, 2008 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: TorilMUD Statistics

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 am

Set #2

Zones Appropriate to Level as determined by given range from the credits command in-game that focus on a range of levels fewer than 16 levels.

"The number of zones that focus on roughly your character level."

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue May 20, 2008 6:32 am

Set #3

Zones Appropriate to Level as determined by given range from the credits command in-game that focus on a range of levels fewer than 10 levels.

"The number of zones that focus narrowly on your character level."

ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue May 20, 2008 1:23 pm

flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 am

what?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed May 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Its so Meta.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri May 23, 2008 12:53 am

Hmm. You know, if you guys are going to ignore my posts, the reasonable thing to do would be to stop commenting on them. The rest of the community doesn't want to read through your off-topic posts that don't even consider or speak to the information being presented.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Mon May 26, 2008 8:03 pm

if you'd make your post legible maybe people would.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon May 26, 2008 9:36 pm

If you can't understand something and you're commenting on it, what are you really doing? (btw, I have no problem with your "what?" post, I just don't have the energy to explain it at the moment) It's one thing to ask questions. It's another to be an ignorant troll posting off-topic about someone you have on ignore.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon May 26, 2008 11:08 pm

maybe he's asking you to make it more clear? or is that too much to ask from you.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue May 27, 2008 2:11 am

Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue May 27, 2008 7:45 am

teflor the ranger wrote:If you can't understand something and you're commenting on it, what are you really doing? (btw, I have no problem with your "what?" post, I just don't have the energy to explain it at the moment) It's one thing to ask questions. It's another to be an ignorant troll posting off-topic about someone you have on ignore.

ok, you make a post with charts you don't explain and you expect people to do anything but do whatever it is they feel like doing? explain the charts, show why stuff is what it is. Don't expect people to respect some charts if you don't explain why they need to care about them.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue May 27, 2008 8:30 am

Flib, you need to learn how to post here:

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue May 27, 2008 12:47 pm

flib wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:If you can't understand something and you're commenting on it, what are you really doing? (btw, I have no problem with your "what?" post, I just don't have the energy to explain it at the moment) It's one thing to ask questions. It's another to be an ignorant troll posting off-topic about someone you have on ignore.

ok, you make a post with charts you don't explain and you expect people to do anything but do whatever it is they feel like doing? explain the charts, show why stuff is what it is. Don't expect people to respect some charts if you don't explain why they need to care about them.

Flib, I don't expect people not to be trolls. I do, however, expect that I will comment about it.

Besides, as far as my opinion goes, much too many jerks around here will take time out of their day to trash it - out of fear, stupidity, ignorance, what have you - it's sometimes easier for me just to represent facts. For instance, check out the second and third graphs. I explained the methodology used in their creation, but to further explain the point, the graphs indicate that focused content in this mud is primarily targeted towards character levels 46+.

My opinion is that there isn't enough content on the mud for the rest of the characters.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks for the analysis Teflor. I do agree that Toril needs more content for the lower level ranges.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue May 27, 2008 7:02 pm

so shev undertands.. I feel dumb.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 am

why?

there is actuall plenty of low level content. the problem is that most classes cant get by with the shit gear they start with, or what little they can find-on-the-ground in scardale. note i said 'find on the ground', because they have no hope of soloing the mobs in there that have useable gear no matter their class unless they are handed gear from charitable, old time players.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed May 28, 2008 3:32 am

Teyaha wrote:why?

there is actuall plenty of low level content. the problem is that most classes cant get by with the shit gear they start with, or what little they can find-on-the-ground in scardale. note i said 'find on the ground', because they have no hope of soloing the mobs in there that have useable gear no matter their class unless they are handed gear from charitable, old time players.

Sorry but i have to call BS on that. Back when scarsdale went in i started a brand new drow chanter and got him past 20 in scarsdale. I solo'd most of the way and didn't eq him at all except with the stuff he got in scarsdale.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 28, 2008 3:43 am

that wasnt my point.

once you left scardale, were you able to run to SS and start soloing with the newbie crap still? and did you get h elp to kill the eq'd mobs?

scardale mobs are a bit on the easy side compared to the rest of the mud. the zones are tehre, but the sad fact is as a game like this gets older newer people are forced to solo more (or get plevelled by higher levels).

there is little at this point that can be done to change that unless someone can bring in 4-5 new people and have them all stick to it and play together.
Last edited by Teyaha on Wed May 28, 2008 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Wed May 28, 2008 3:44 am

why?

How do you think the first of us to hit 50 since its been back got it? From charitable old time players? Nopers we worked our asses off for it, its called drive and determination Teyaha learn it apply it. This is the first time I've actually read alot of posts and 90% of them is you bitching about something or another. Hell I can remember racing at boot for the tiny golden earrings, anyone else? Getting phone calls cause loki was up in jot, and its wasn't easy at all to get in there with sub par gear. Its not charity most new comers look for its playablility, and the community they are about to immerse themselves into. Now afk cleansing myself for actually agreeing with Pril.
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 28, 2008 3:48 am

bawog wrote:
why?

How do you think the first of us to hit 50 since its been back got it? From charitable old time players? Nopers we worked our asses off for it, its called drive and determination Teyaha learn it apply it. This is the first time I've actually read alot of posts and 90% of them is you bitching about something or another. Hell I can remember racing at boot for the tiny golden earrings, anyone else? Getting phone calls cause loki was up in jot, and its wasn't easy at all to get in there with sub par gear. Its not charity most new comers look for its playablility, and the community they are about to immerse themselves into. Now afk cleansing myself for actually agreeing with Pril.

it's nto the same now. back when sojourn 3 reopened we did it in groups, and was also before all the gear was rebalanced so things like tiny silver rings were actually halfway decent.

today's new player will be required to solo, or rely on our charity. the existence or lack of low level zones isnt impacting this as much as how well a low level char can actually survive this game.

and lets not also forget we went into sojourn 3 with a pre-existing circle of friends from toril 1 and sojourn 2. that right there is a hefty advantage a new person who finds us on zmud's list will not have.

and that's also a catch-22, since many older players think the game is too easy now
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed May 28, 2008 3:57 am

Teyaha wrote:that wasnt my point.

once you left scardale, were you able to run to SS and start soloing with the newbie crap still? and did you get h elp to kill the eq'd mobs?

scardale mobs are a bit on the easy side compared to the rest of the mud. the zones are tehre, but the sad fact is as a game like this gets older newer people are forced to solo more (or get plevelled by higher levels).

there is little at this point that can be done to change that unless someone can bring in 4-5 new people and have them all stick to it and play together.

Shrug any class can solo to 50 just a matter of time. it's the fact that it takes longer that makes people give up. But i don't know of a single class that's not needed in exp groups. When i was leveling my war i'd take any chanter or bard over lvl 20 with me for their meager abilities.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 28, 2008 4:04 am

i agree on that. that's the poitn of xp groups - take everyone who wants to go (well, used to be)

but that's not always an option now.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed May 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Teyaha wrote:i agree on that. that's the poitn of xp groups - take everyone who wants to go (well, used to be)

but that's not always an option now.

Not sure if what you say here is what you're actually trying to say. Look at CM for example hardly a night go's by where there isn't some group (usually lead by a troll) with like 5-6 lowbies in tow. It's the way xp works now, well at least if you wanna xp up quick. I agree that most classes can solo a good bit of the way, I don't though think you can get an invo to 50 just by soloing, enjoy trying that the xp loss + the xp gain would be hopefully about equal.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 28, 2008 5:46 pm

cm was a great addition to the mud for those of us who have been around for a while, and know how to get around (a bit).

but i really dont think that in the long run it's a good idea to suggest to real newbies to xp there. they dont learn how to get to the other zones or even how to navigate the mud in general.

i applaud the troll for taking them under his/her wing, but the troll might want to take them to say..havenport? or ic? even if the xp isnt quite as good as duergar scouts
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Teyaha wrote:but i really dont think that in the long run it's a good idea to suggest to real newbies to xp there. they dont learn how to get to the other zones or even how to navigate the mud in general.

This exact thing was said before about Druid Sanctuary, tower, WD elites, etc. ad naseum since the beginning. The fact is that people will exp where they feel they get the best reward vs. time invested. (This is true also for equipment in general.) Even if a working trophy system gets puts in, then people will know how to get to 5 exp zones instead of 1 or 2.

I think it would be a good idea to allow quests to reward exp again so there could be ways to gain experience other than performing the same actions over and over (even to different mobs). It's possible reward exp isn't broken, but I've done several quests that have supposedly rewarded exp and saw zero difference (even with low lvl characters). Insert request for gods to fix/allow reward exp.

-Klandan
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'
Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat May 31, 2008 4:02 am

flib wrote:so shev undertands.. I feel dumb.

Dude. You're smart.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat May 31, 2008 4:30 am

Teyaha wrote:why?

According to the credits list and the charts provided above, there is far less low-mid-midhigh level content than there is high level content.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat May 31, 2008 9:48 am

do you honestly believe that adding more low level content will get us a) more new players or b) alts not in cm?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat May 31, 2008 8:12 pm

Teyaha wrote:do you honestly believe that adding more low level content will get us a) more new players or b) alts not in cm?

If it's the same as the way it is now, then probably not. However, if the game were made every bit as exciting and developed in depth at each stage of character development as the 46+ levels, then it is highly possible we would attract more players and lengthen player turnover.

The idea is not to keep Gormal and Dartan here forever, but to bring more players here for longer periods of time, which will increase overall playerbase. This is essential to rebuilding a community.

There's some more things that need to go along with content to improve accessiblity and in-game awareness, but those are a part of content development as well.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20445

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”