Tiamat July5th 12pm Eastern Time!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
bawog
Sojourner

Tiamat July5th 12pm Eastern Time!

Postby bawog » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:20 am

Come one come all to a Nerox Tiamat run, this run is guarenteed to be fun and adventure! Mwrite nerox if you wanna come along please indicate what class you wanna bring. There will be no said bid system even tho its mine thats in use. I will be doing a spin off of a handout and handown system so that everyone that signed up gets something fun to play with. I will be dicing the circlet/valhalla from a straight dice. Since there are only 2 items it will be just gdiced to the number of people in the group. If you already have the circlet that loaded that you are ineligable for it. Then i'll go through and look at people in their full gear and decide on who NEEDS no WANTS what. I will not be bidding after the straight dice of the above items are done. I just wanna see as many people walk away with new items as possible. If you have a problem with this system please feel free to post. Items such as bane will not be counted since khanjari > bane. The vials will not count, but the spellbooks will. So when you bid be sure to include the item that will be replaced and i'll do some research while the bid is going on, and decide who needs what, and if the item is borrowed you CANNOT bid on that slot of an item. Anyways enjoy and get to cracking on those buffers!

Enchanter: Hibboble

Warrior: Valendhal
Warrior: Ewiril (the warrior version!)
Warrior: Gormal
Warrior: Firoc
Warrior: Hildibble

Rogue: Serish
Ranger: Erarim
Ranger:Ararim
Ranger:Aaerilis
Ranger:Nashamal
Ranger: Ishirias
Ranger: Sikra
Ranger: Eki
Ranger:Ashantia
Ranger:Raelican
Ranger:Teflorwank(tm)
Ranger:
Ranger:
Damage: Flibeeroo!

Illusionist: Rawel
Necro: Necanux
Elementalist: Netonosel

Cleric: Ratyaw
Cleric:
Shaman: Timok
Shaman:Kazur
Shaman: Klandan

Bard: Yemble
Last edited by bawog on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Tiamat July5th 12pm Easterm Time!

Postby Gormal » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:24 am

Horrible bid system. Just use the points.

Nerox wrote:Then i'll go through and look at people in their full gear and decide on who NEEDS no WANTS what.

This is impossible to accomplish.
Last edited by Gormal on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:37 am

i have looked at my work calendar and the bastard i work with has marked off the 5th so he can have a 3-day weekend.

i wont get off work until 4pm cst, wont be home until after 7pm cst....

can help late as rogue/cleric/illusionist/warrior/shaman/invoker....

ill prolly send a tell when i get home....
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Lets assume for the sack of argument that
this happens.

I play my ranger solely for tiamat and the odd dragon
run. If i went as a ranger do i give up any chance of
mage/rogue/cleric gear as you would be looking at my ranger set?

Do you know who has won all the circlets/valhallas in the past?

I personally hate hand down system. Its open to all
sorts of abuse and favoritism either real or imagined.

But that being said i'd still go as lopi or kotan or nashamal. rogue, dwarf tank, ranger for a 1 in whatever shot at circlet and/valhalla.

But i prefer yo
u use the points

Lopi
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:28 pm

We're 4-5 years into the wipe, the handout system simply doesn't work this late in the game. I myself have never won a Tia item, and I'm low on points to boot, but I still favor the point system over handouts. Everyone has at least 3 serious alts and you can't tell them that they don't need something less than the guy with one. You've said that bane is worth nothing and the freaking spellbooks are... that's plain crazy because bane is an extremely useful and powerful weapon used correctly. I'd be near the top of the list for "needing" eq, but I still don't think its fair to the group. There are problems with the point system, but even a straight dicing would be better than arbitrary handouts.

Honestly, I'm not inclined to go because a lot of people are GOING to get screwed with this system. No one goes to Tiamat for fun, its an incredibly boring zone and everyone is geared to the teeth already. There's no such thing as "need" left in the game.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Im just curious about this point system. Ive never done tia and would like to soon just need another 150% buffer and we'll see but how does this point system work?
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:43 am

I don't know.. it could be interesting. I've never done tia where it was a handout, I have some points with nerox as well.. I think 20-30.. i forget.. but i'm down to try a different way and look forward to the run, as it's always a crazy time, let's just make sure everyone who signs up shows up this time k thx..
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:18 am

amena wolfsnarl wrote:Im just curious about this point system. Ive never done tia and would like to soon just need another 150% buffer and we'll see but how does this point system work?

There is a list of points that current players have accrued on tiamat runs, based on each winning/not winning tia items.
Nerox or someone will surely post a link to the latest updated list sometime - this is what Nerox says he will not be using in this run in this thread atm tho.
BEER
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:40 pm

When I think of someone doing a handout system,
I always run this thought experiment. Why not in the
interest of fairness doesn't the leader, look at people
before the run, tell people what they are giving up
and winning if such and such loads. I suspect you'd
have 25 people suddenly having family emergencies
when they find out they are getting someones
handdowns.

On a side note, why do the extremely lucky
one or two or none (since as far as I recall there is no garantee that any of these items load)
, people who win circlet/valhalla do not have to handdown. Or am I reading that wrong?

On a logistical note the last handdown run I went on, it took the 'leaders'
3 days to figure out what people were willing to trade for this or that.
Because that is what it boils down to, days of horsetrading. I guess
time has passed and people have forgotten the rage this method
caused in some people. This method was then abandoned, followed
by the equally flawed 'outstanding player' method, whereby people
'voted' for the player they thought should get a free pick.
One such player was voted outstanding because they could count.
Literally the reason was he was good at 3 2 1 go.
Needless to say this player also had a big voting block as he was in a
guild well represented in the run.

Just a few thoughts to consider before you embark on this
version.

Use the points

Lopi
Kramel
Sojourner

Postby Kramel » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Yer just jealous of my leet counting skills.

There was a little more to it than counting btw. It was in fact leading the runs on tiaslut herself. Back before 15 rangers owned tia, it was a little harder to keep her from outhealing damage. Keeping the runs moving quickly was important.

I'm sure that won't change your mind though. Just my 2 cents.

Kramel
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:57 pm

MVP just led to guilds picking one of their own and letting them get an item. And as for leading runs on Tia, it doesn't mean shit anymore, often there are tanks who just sit there doing nothing because its not their turn. Handouts don't work this late in the game.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:41 am

ssar wrote:
amena wolfsnarl wrote:Im just curious about this point system. Ive never done tia and would like to soon just need another 150% buffer and we'll see but how does this point system work?

There is a list of points that current players have accrued on tiamat runs, based on each winning/not winning tia items.
Nerox or someone will surely post a link to the latest updated list sometime - this is what Nerox says he will not be using in this run in this thread atm tho.

HERE is a Toril BBS Locked Archives link to Nerox' Tiamat Bidding System.

And THERE is a link to the only pchar points list I can find on the Triterium forums.

Nerox, can you post the current list sometime please?
BEER
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:05 pm

UPDATE: I'll be using my point system due to the overwhelming concern for how my handout/handown system would work. That being said, since I don't play per say I'll be dicing however many items are in the glist and handing that item out to someone that I think deserves it or needs it. My bid will not count in the end of the run, and ever if my lucky dice lands on circlet or valhalla that TOO will be handed out.
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Could you please explain in a little more detail
how points are being used if you are handing out?
Could you please explain how you are gonna decide who
gets a handout? Based on what ?

Lopi
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:58 pm

these are the current points from the web site:

Posted: Feb 12 2008, 02:47 PM

Who's Your Daddy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok so after I've gathered player input, and thought on how to make this as fair as possible this is what I've come up with. Enjoy.

Points for complete/partial runs.

Complete Run: 100 Points
After top grid: 60 Points
3 Consorts Left: 50 Points
2 Consorts Left: 45 Points
1 Consort Left: 40 Points
Smiting Tiamat: 35 Points

Bid Penalties Version 1.0

Afking without notice: -10 Points (at my discretion will call on random people)
Not coming back from 15minute breaks: -5 points per 2 minuites I have to wait.

Bids and How They Work

First Round bids will result in ALL points revoked even if you have 500 points.
Second Tier win will result in -50 Points.
Third Tier has no bearing on points.
Also after 5 runs with me, I will at my discretion handout one item to a person that has lost 5 consecutive runs in a row.

Now I will collect the wins/losses from my two previous runs and caculate points up. So this will be in effect immediatly.

Point Standings:

Larim - 0
Nimut - 35
Natalae - 60
Tesan - 40
Toraza - 60
Sotana - 100
Tuno - 50
Timok -0
Mifle - 100
Necanux - 250
Delek - 200
Sunlireal - 0
Naled - 200
Kelathir - 150
Teflor - 0
Osheara - 0
Hefa - 100
Thalash - 300
Acoran - 0
Rogav - 50
Drelthage - 50
Branthur - 0
Silena - 0
Luma - 100
Cefiw - 150
Vigis - 0
Rogan - 300
Issen - 200
Kaisi - 200
Iyrin - 200
Pava - 0
Cofen - 300
Erarim - 250
Flib - 100
Netonosel - 200
Ghimok - 250
Moritheil - 100
Aluvon - 285
Amak - 0
Duna - 0
Avak - 60
Glahir - 185
Nerox - 100
Akam - 0
Xolan - 0
Elanad - 200
Glorishan - 100
!!x - 200
Drahken - 100
Zubox - 100
Jau - 100
Zazah - 0
Zoominixxar - 0
Drakkoch - 0
Tibek - 150
Akur - 0
Belathar - 0
Disoputlip - 0
Rarid - 100
Rebur - 250
Mertak - 0
Tasira - 100
Refarin - 500 (claim next run)
Sokam - 50
Dartan - 0
Beern - 100
Turgy - 0
Aristan - 0
Lopi - 300
Mikar - 50
Elemam - 0
Risor - 200
Bronac - 0
Netonosel - 100
Amarian - 150
Engra - 200
Aneku - 400
Motatas - 200
Nalaya - 0
Deltin - 400
Vagag - 50
Railel - 0
Raelican - 100
Zolth - 100
Thanuk - 100
Kazur - 100
Adriorn - 100
Gormal - 100
Hylae -100
Vlax - 0

Updated after April 12th run.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:00 pm

No shows from the last failed run should lose points.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:25 pm

bawog wrote:UPDATE: I'll be using my point system due to the overwhelming concern for how my handout/handown system would work. That being said, since I don't play per say I'll be dicing however many items are in the glist and handing that item out to someone that I think deserves it or needs it. My bid will not count in the end of the run, and ever if my lucky dice lands on circlet or valhalla that TOO will be handed out.

So question:

If you dice 1-20 and it lands on lets say a vial. You give the vial to whoever is worthy. Does that person still get his bid, does he still get the 100 points? or does the vial take all that away?

Thanks,
Mike
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:19 pm

bawog wrote:overwhelming concern for how my handout/handown system

Bawog wrote: handing that item out to someone that I think deserves it or needs it.

How exactly does this alleviate these concerns in any way? Making it appear to be more random and then handing the item out is EXACTLY the same as just straight up handing things out. I'm wondering if you're doing a fair amount of drugs these days.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:09 am

got a list of people comming yet? or you posting that somewhere else?

Count me in =)
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:47 am

Gormal,

The reason why I've decided to handout 1 ONE not all 30 items is because I'm gonna be monitoring and watching the group. If someone in the group is undergeared and taking direction well for a new person to tiamat then yes I will be giving them an item. Why do that? The reason is simple, I personally would love to see every single person walk away with something but that never seems to happen. One person is always left out because of someone that is up on a claim or someone that has better luck than them. Now I'm sure your next comment will be what if my lucky dice lands on valhalla or circlet. The answer is simple I've been on EVERY single run on tiamat except maybe 4, and I know who has been alot and hasn't walked away with something. Maybe perhaps I'd be more inclined to give it to someone that just sits back does their task in the group and never asks nor complains about the way a bid may fall down. Like I said it will depend on what item it lands on and who is in the current group. Oh on a side not not one drug in my system except caffeine!

Thrand,

The way the handout will work is that whatever items are looted at the end of the zone I'll be dicing however many items are in the glist and then that item I will hand out to a person in the group who I think has done an exceptional job or has been on a million runs and has nothing or someone that I think deserves or needs it. That still leaves a bunch of shiny new toys to bid on for the rest of the group. The handout item will be considered my bid and win and my points will be set to -100 because I'm always hated people who claimed on a run. This means next run I'll be not winning or bidding on anything because of the handout this run. Why do this? Because I like to see new people win, or someone who has been on several runs and hasn't walked away with the item perhaps I'm handing out. Why not do an MVP? Because there is too much guild favoritism and if one guild pulls for one person then the vote could be swayed. Considering my playtime and such is neutral now, there will be NO favoritism with anyone, and wether it be an oldschool evil rolling with me or a new goodie that has finally worked their ass off to come along gets the item. The decision will be ultimatly up to me and me alone. If there are any other questions or concerns then please feel free to PM me or post here, I'm always up for suggestions and what not, but I personally think this is fair.

Pril,

To clairify the system for as points concern, the handout item will be counted as my win +1. So to be clear it will count as 2 wins for me as there will be nobody bidding against me. The person receiving the item will still have a bid at a 50% deduction of points and can still bid in the first round. So ever if someone is up for claim my handout bid will be first and then they can choose an item. So in essence yes we could lose 2 heavily bidded items, but there will ALWAYS been next time in my opinion, and last but not least this is a game intended to be fun and relaxing even if the zone is deathly boring full of runs and and patrols. So if this is too radical to understand for anyone then feel free to not go, and I can take that saturday I was gonna have fun with people on here and go to the beach up to you all.

Thanks for posting and I like constructive critism but don't be an asshole about it.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 am

My bad, Brandon. Your post reads that you're going to dice every single item in the glist and hand it out. Poor grammar on your part you uneducated bum! Post a list of people too pls.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:19 am

Will post as more mwrites come in to me. I check the mmail box pretty regularly and what not, so just keep an eye on it as time passes I'll have a list up. Also if you look back at my reply saying I had changed it to points and what not, you will see that I will only be handing out one item :) Lrn2Read :P

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:20 am

bawog wrote:UPDATE: I'll be using my point system due to the overwhelming concern for how my handout/handown system would work. That being said, since I don't play per say I'll be dicing however many items are in the glist and handing that item out to someone that I think deserves it or needs it. My bid will not count in the end of the run, and ever if my lucky dice lands on circlet or valhalla that TOO will be handed out.

You don't say that you'll only be dicing one item. Lrn2write
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:22 am

Touche

alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:59 am

ok sorry to have entered this realm (cause i cant go) but i was wondering....

what happens to the person/people up for claim this run....

do they get to claim before the diced item, or after...

if your lucky dice land on circlet/scepter, will the claims lose out on being able to claim that item?

e.g. rogue#2 has 500 points and is planning on claiming rogue circlet.....

leader#0 (yeah i picked zero :)) dices and it lands on rogue circlet....

is it a redice shituation (spelling intended) or does rogue#2 get all bent out of shape and scream he/she hates this game and is never gonna play again and look up leader#0's real life address and car bomb his ass????

sorry now that i have taken my meds....

all joking aside.... can you elaborate a little more?

Alendar
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:13 am

bawog wrote:That being said, since I don't play per say I'll be dicing however many items are in the glist and handing that item out to someone that I think deserves it or needs it.

by this you mean youll count the number of items on the glist then "dice 1 (total # of items)" and if it rolls say a 7 youll hand out the 7th item down the glist and THEN take bids and dice out the rest like a normal zone right? but to my knowledge there are small things that are just sell worthy or potions, would those be counted in the total number of items? or will it just be armor/weapons that you count up?
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:24 am

I can be there in spectre form.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 am

I don't see what problem you are trying to fix with this.
It is not true that people who don't win in Tiamat leave with
nothing, they get points that they use next time.

If you want to hand something out and are willing to use/lose
your bid for it well there is an easy solution.

When its 1st round after everyone has bid, look and see what isn't bid
that is a nice item and you bid that and hand that out to whoever you please.

No explanation required. You don't have to explain why this person deserved anythng.

Lopi
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:48 am

Inames,

Correct whatever number i dice in relation the number in the glist will be handed out

Thrand,

I see where you are coming from and will think about it, but I want the ever small possibility of a circlet or valhalla being handed out. Why? Cause I know those two items are always so heavily bidded on and would be neato to give it out.

Alendar,

The hand out dice will be rolled FIRST no matter who is up for a claim. The reason being so that all items are in the russian roulette wheel.

ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks for the updated points list and the info on your proposed bidding system Bawog.

Note: an ok website to work out the start time in your part of the world, if you need to:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

(e.g. 12noon Sat 05July08 New York, USA = 2:00am Sun 06July08 Sydney, Australia (ouch!))
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:35 am

Inames wrote:or potions, would those be counted in the total number of items? or will it just be armor/weapons that you count up?

Good question.

When you dice for your handout item prior to any claim or bids, if it lands on "a small vial of green slime" for instance, or perhaps "a translucent black crystal", will you hand that item out and then your dicing/handout process will be complete, after which you will continue with any claim and normal bidding?

Or must your dice handout item fall into a certain category of items before it will be counted?
I.e. you might redice until it lands on one such item in said category?

Edit: oops, I see your reply above Bawog, indicating it will be the first item the dice lands on, regardless of which item it is.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:51 pm

OOooh! I wanna do this. Maybe I can get Kiryan to set up computers so we can do a Tia run. And I don't care what system you use for the swag. I'm not on the point system at all and I've had alot of luck with getting nice Tia items. I just want to start mudding again.

Vena
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:29 am

Thrand wrote:I don't see what problem you are trying to fix with this.
It is not true that people who don't win in Tiamat leave with
nothing, they get points that they use next time.

Lopi

even after all this time you people still can't seem to deal with the fact that not everyone is able to come to multiple Tia runs. By initiating the bid system, you created a monster which only rewarded the same individuals, over and over, and over again.

As the pbase dwindles, we see longer and longer periods between Tia runs (when people show), and you're still trying to hang onto the idea that 1 guy who came to three tia runs 2 years ago is more deserving on this occasion than the one guy who has made some significant RL sacrifice to come to a single Tia run. It never made sense, it still doesn't.

Hats off to brandon for actually trying something a little different this time round. There's an element of randomness or chance, or dare i say it...equality... that might make the run just a little more unique than previous runs.

Wish i could go man, but the gf reminds me that i have had my 1 run for this year *irony*. Good luck (getting people to show more than needing it)
Tai.
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:46 pm

loshaenar

Tia takes less time than jot invasion, and about the same as magma.
The only reason it isn't done more is it takes 26 - 28 people to show
with the right classes. If you only go once a year and you think you
deserve a better shot at a good item when people put in the time
month after month well my hats of to your psychiatrist. He/she has
given you real strong ego.

Lopi
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Tiamat July5th 12pm Eastern Time!

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:58 pm

I fixed the typo in the title.

P.S. There will be at least one new piece of gear in the Tiamat loot system by the time this run is scheduled. We initially created many more items that were not included in the final load-out, with the intention of enabling them slowly as time passed. Looks like it's time to add at least one of them into the reward list. That's not a guarantee that it will load, but there will be a chance...
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:18 pm

sign me up boss i'm free and bored enough to come out of retirement :P
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:47 pm

necanux will necro
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:44 pm

Thrand wrote:loshaenar

Tia takes less time than jot invasion, and about the same as magma.
The only reason it isn't done more is it takes 26 - 28 people to show
with the right classes. If you only go once a year and you think you
deserve a better shot at a good item when people put in the time
month after month well my hats of to your psychiatrist. He/she has
given you real strong ego.

Lopi

that's not what he said and you completely missed his point

not everyone can attend these weekend tia's - especially our kiwi/aussie friends

if an aussie takes real life time off in order to do a tia - perhaps the only time he/she can do it for anotehr 12 months - you're saying they shouldnt get a chance a loot

because clearly the 10 people that have the majority of tia loot did tia with only 10 people..right?

the bidding should be open and based on performance for that instance - period.
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 am

'the bidding should be open and based on performance for that instance - period.'

Hell I am all for penalizing people who dont do their
job, or afk for 45 mins or show 45 mins late or
you name it.

But distinguising between someone who is doing their job and doing it better than anyone else is trickier.

Take the 13 rangers who may be going on this trip.
What constitutes rangering better than someone else?

If there is only one rogue and one necro going
are they doing the best roguing and necroing?
How do you compare ?

If you think it should be based on preformance give some examples of good better best
for each class.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:44 am

my 2 cents...

the people that go the most should be rewarded the most... the point system is about the fairest i have seen.

the 1x a year person gets the same chance as everyone else they get 100 pts. The person that went and LOST a bid has that 100 pts from last run as well.

of course the people that go more often get more stuff.. thats true of any zone, not because pt system.

5 trips = 5 chances at a win, where as 1 trip even if you win you only got 1 item.

Thanks for adding something new to the mix Shev looking forward to smacking her down once again!
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:05 am

I agree with you completely Malia.

5 trips to any zone = 5 chances to win. As opposed to the guy who goes only once, with one chance to win.

However that's not what the points system does.

Trip 5. Peter has made 5 trips to tia = 5 chances to win on each occasion (PLUS multiply this by the number of times he hasn't won / used his points) vs

Paul on his 1st Tia run. One chance to win.

I know my math here is completely screwy, but surely you can see the basic idea?? You are cumulatively rewarding the same group of people who can come each time over and over, on top of the additional chances they've already had.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:10 am

Lopi,

In regards to your post about HOW i'll pick out the person to receive my special nifty power of handout is simple. If you do well, even if its your first run or someone who has never bitched about anything in terms of bids and what not then I might throw that person an item. Like I said its kind of like me claiming an item with random dice then giving that item out. So in conclusion I'll give it to whoever I want really, it might even possibly be you. Being the leader you notice more than just who needs healing and what not, it allows you to watch the entire group which I did thorughout my entire leading career. Any other questions I'll answer in due time.

grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:02 pm

bawog wrote:Ranger: Rezah(the goodie version!)

i demand justice!!!
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:47 pm

Bawog

So it will be entirely possible for this lucky person to leave
Tiamat with 2 great items. The one you throw at him with your
bid and persumably his own bid can win?

'someone who has never bitched about anything in terms of bids'

'If you have a problem with this system please feel free to post.'

So feel free to post but if you post about bidding, don't expect to be choosen :)

Lopi
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:51 pm

Its not so much about how you play, its how much effort you put into it. I don't care who you are or how long you've played if I think you deserve an item that I land on, then you'll get it. No favoritism will be shown in this handout, and besides I'm jut leading it for the fun of it all.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm

1 for Ranger
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Dammit folks, the guy is leading, let him do as he pleases. If you don't like the leader's ideas, don't follow.

I for one think Nerox has done well to state up front what he is doing, and choose to go along (although how I'm going to get Eki to change into a Ranger I don't know!)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 am

shalath wrote:Dammit folks, the guy is leading, let him do as he pleases. If you don't like the leader's ideas, don't follow.

I for one think Nerox has done well to state up front what he is doing, and choose to go along (although how I'm going to get Eki to change into a Ranger I don't know!)

I say let them complain. If people didn't complain on here, there'd be like, 400 posts.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:10 pm

hah, for once I agree with u tef.
Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:23 am

I can try to come as Sexalan (ranger) or Vare (shaman)

I'll inform you within 3 days time before the run if i cant make it.

Drakkoch

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”