sleep spell

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

sleep spell

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:06 pm

You know, if you're gonna make some mobs wake up on their own after being hit by sleep spell, just delete the spell all together.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Re: sleep spell

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks for the advice
Eilistraee
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:35 am

SLEEP
Spell.

Area of effect: <victim>
Aggressive: Yes
Cumulative: No
Duration: Dependent on proficiency of caster
Class/Circle: Necromancer/Enchanter/Elementalist 4th, Ranger 6th
Type of spell: Enchantment

A successful spellcast will cause the victim to fall magically asleep.
A victim affected by this spell cannot awaken on their own; it takes
another to wake him/her.
Also, the victim will immediately fall
asleep again unless in battle.

Hrm, I think it's broken alright! I get mobs at TP that wake up when they fall to their knees. Others fall asleep and immediately wake right back up to smite you mightily!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 am

Magical sleep just isn't what it used to be. :P
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'
Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:51 pm

Hrm, I think it's broken alright! I get mobs at TP that wake up when they fall to their knees. Others fall asleep and immediately wake right back up to smite you mightily!

a certain rogue had a certain elementalist alt that abused that to twink major zones....

i think sleep is now working as intended.... (to stop all twinking)
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
fobble
Sojourner

Postby fobble » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am

Klandal wrote:Magical sleep just isn't what it used to be. :P

Lunesta?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 am

alendar wrote:

a certain rogue had a certain elementalist alt that abused that to twink major zones....

i think sleep is now working as intended.... (to stop all twinking)

What is it with the ignorance that people assume think I was referring to a 'certain rogue' being a _specific_ person. It's not my fault that clouds group was the same day I posted that. Regardless, twinking is twinking, and people that say I whine, and try to make the game easier, yet they ABUSE and twink crap themselves. h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e. I can spell it, good for me.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:35 pm

The sheer volume of posts that are answered by "we can't do this because a certain rogue will twink zones" is astounding to me.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:24 pm

I think there were certain elementalists that were abusing that bug, too...
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:22 am

It is silly to have mobs just wake up as they do..

If you want to stop twinking, just give higher level mobs better saves (or make the spell lower level), and/or give it a shorter duration especially level based, or make them immune to it.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:49 pm

things don't add up altogether. It is rather odd that a magically sleeping mob that is double-backstabbed isn't really assassinated. Should go without saying. Even a warrior could just head-stomp a mob to death while sleeping as long as it's relatively same size. Necks are vulnerable, groins are unprotected, etc.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Its just silly that a spell like this and tranquility was reduced to being completely useless while spells like PWB remain. Removing imbalances like this never solves the issue, it just leaves a hole and makes other imbalances all the more obvious.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:06 pm

PWB doesn't last too long on mobs that are 50+, and it can be a total pain in the arse to land. Which is basically what I suggested for sleep, rather than having it land very easily and letting it get dispellled by such simple random things as the victim falling down.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 pm

ray, enervate, fumble, stumble are all low level spells and don't land worth a shit. Since sleep is only lvl 50 and under, I don't know how I feel about it. It doesn't seem to land any better than other spells. _slow_ spells seem to hardly land.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 am

I despise effect spells that hardly ever land. It's such a waste of code, giving people a spell that's so "unbalanced" that you have to tweak the success rate down to 20% just to keep it from being abused.

Should ratchet the success rate of all those spells up to 80% and then max out their durations at 45 seconds. Make them land, make them useful, and prevent twinking.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:24 am

With a curse/hex most of those spells land quite easy and last for a long time. I use stumble all the time over multi weekends to destroy big mobs. Blind the mob w/whoever, curse w/cleric, stumble w/chanter, smite the mob who now has ogre agi.

It's really all about getting a curse to land first.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:40 pm

(and in your case, multi lineup!)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”