Rebooting Revisited

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Rebooting Revisited

Postby loshaenar » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:36 am

The good..

With the advent of SM into the game, i would again ask the admins to please discuss if not reconsider your approach to rebooting the mud. It's pretty safe to say that the hugely abundant quests in and out of the zone have sparked a frenzy of player activity generally reserved for multi weekends.

The bad..

As i'm sure you know, many of the quests involve single load items outside of SM, resulting in a small flood of players at boot running to the mobs to collect quest pieces.

The ugly..

the reappearance of the 80+ hour boot times, with boots occuring only in U.S prime times. This issue has been raised countless times before, with requests for timed boots, regular boots, pre advertised boots and even random boots inside the 50 hour mark.

I can only speak on behalf of the Aussie contingent who play here at night, with 35 ghosts and 4 guys at keys, but the current situation sucks huge spheres. Could you possibly try and introduce measures to make the reboot system a little more equitable? It's one thing to accept that we need to be REALLY lucky to have a chance of snagging rares, but quite another to know that you're not at all interested in rectifying a persisting imbalance in the game we all love.

looking forward to some feedback.

Tai.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Rebooting Revisited

Postby Shevarash » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:06 pm

I'm glad you're all having fun in Silverymoon.

Eilistraee has been on vaction, and she's been doing the reboots lately. I will try to make sure we get reboots more frequently in the interim. Thanks for pointing it out, and sorry for the frustration.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
loshaenar
Sojourner

Re: Rebooting Revisited

Postby loshaenar » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:22 am

thanks for getting on it so quickly Shev.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”