protection from good/evil

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

protection from good/evil

Postby Thilindel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:42 am

How come druids don't get it? I don't know D&D rules at all. No handbooks blah blah. It would appear that they would want to protect themselves and their forest critters in consideration from the extremists.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Thrand
Sojourner

Re: protection from good/evil

Postby Thrand » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:26 pm

You are making an assumption that they do anything,
perhaps someone who knows (coder) can say what they do?

pfe does what?
pfg does what?

they take up points on some high end eq perhaps that is what they do?

mr does what? there is no help file I can find.
Is there a mr cap? is there a help file that says this ?

Lopi
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Some admin answered before that we'd have to 'do some testing' to see if it does. I can't find conclusively that it does anything at all. Helpfiles for pfe/pfgood say that it helps ac. It'd be nice if 'att' showed ac for vs. good/neutral/evil. helpfiles for saves would be great too.

Another odd thing is (un)holy word can be a means of suicide. I don't understand that vs. wearing pfgood/pfe when you are of that respective alignment...it seems like it'd bother the wearer if the item that is adorned actually wards them.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 am

protection from good/evil are only offered to evil/good characters, because it is part of the idea that they use their "extreme" position on the alignment scale --the knowledge and just the pure -ism of it, to ward themselves from the opposite extreme. Neutrals, at least according to the fluff, are just too ...neutral.

In 3.5, those spells are quite easily the most overpowered stand-alone spells in the game. Level one, and you get a bonus to AC, a bonus vs fear, and FULL IMMUNITY from all mind effects coming from that source for an hour per level. That is crazy strong protection. Only a few levels later, and you can cast magic circle of protection from evil, and now your awesomeness extends to all of your friends as well, and it lasts pretty much all day. Not to mention that summoned creatures from the respective alignment cant even approach you if you stay inside the orginal circle. I saved my group from a horrible TPK thanks to that spell alone.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”