Hp's

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thrand
Sojourner

Hp's

Postby Thrand » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:42 pm

What affects the amount of hp's you get when you
level?

lopi
Klandal
Sojourner

Re: Hp's

Postby Klandal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Class type, racial bonus, and con bonus set the range. Random number generator determines what you get within that range.
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'
Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:08 am

constitution.. i... think.. I thought at least, the more con you had the more hp's you get till level 25 and then it sets at level 25.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:27 pm

Stupidity is being elf warrior, wearing tons of max_con, (or not) yet still getting the fixed 8 hps/lvl. Sad! What's the point of max_con for that matter, if it's still going to consider your race on the dice gained. Max_con is just that, the next tier. 3-18 doesn't consider race on D&D, right? Sure, elves are limited to 17 con w/o magical enhancements, but that's what max_con is
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Don't confuse max con with racial con modifier. Max con will raise your max hps. If there was an item that granted an elf Ogre con, it would change everything (i believe) if a god could give us input it owuld be great.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Max_Stat allows your base stat to exceed 100.

Racial modifiers are applied after other factors. Which is why sometimes a person will don a +4 stat boost item and get a different modifier. Donning an item that granted ogre constitution would apply an ogre's constitution modifier to your current con, resulting in a tidy chunk of hitpoints.
Eilistraee
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:34 am

So it seems, like the rewards for max_str, an ogre would gain from both con or strenth, but gain little from max_dex or -especially- max_agi!

Elves gain decently on max_dex or max_agi. Gnomes kinda do well too, but the dex is harder to notch on 'em
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”