HP Changes

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

HP Changes

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:46 pm

We all love it when we see a sub-par item receive the stats it deserves. But we should also make note when we see something receive an upgrade that is over-powered or unbalances the game. The new HP changes I believe overpower the game too much, and throw off a certain balanced that was there, and should be there.

I think we should go back to the old system of HPs, and I'm sure others can respond with more accurate language or examples, but I just know that some of the HPs I've seen are whacked and would make things even easier than they already are.

Thank you for the changes, which I'm sure was made with awesome intentions, but I feel it'll just throw things off.
Malia
Sojourner

Re: HP Changes

Postby Malia » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:48 pm

agreed, there was a huge dg'd on eq a while back so that we dont all walk around with 1000+ hp, and now we are to that point again with this hp change.

Should be removed in my opinion.. its nice to go wow 1000hp but makes all zones less challenging and isnt called for or needed, and throws things way out of ballance
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Valendhal
Sojourner

Postby Valendhal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:51 pm

Might be a plus side to it when 2.0 is in full effect but for now, I agree w above statements. Don't get me wrong I love having a dwarf rogue with almost as much hp naked as my ogre .. but yeah :)

Chris
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 pm

The change to constitution applied hitpoints snuck in with the restat roller. I was inclined to let it stay for awhile, but it does seem to be having a larger than anticipated effect.

It will likely be reversed by next reboot, and wait for its chance at a sequel when we're better situated for equal stat application.
Eilistraee
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Does the reversal mean that max_con will once again only effect warriors? If so will we be able to restat a second time for t
those of us who restat'd to 100 already to utilize max con gear on non-warriors.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:43 pm

There is no mechanism to re-enable the restat option. Hitpoint considerations will be handled as they used to be.
Eilistraee
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:15 pm

So those of us who went with 100 con to use max_con gear just got hosed?
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Only until the second mod on the restat command is prepared that allows you to deduct points (to a certain minimum) to add them back into your pool.
Eilistraee
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Oh excellent, thanks a ton Eilistraee!

// Post Count +1

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”