Paladins _aren't_ nice

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Paladins _aren't_ nice

Postby Thilindel » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:45 am

tog vic
Now that wouldn't be very nice, would it?

All paladins I've ever read about are maybe noble, but they're fairly much jerks. Pompous, narcissistic, ..you name it. Sure this may be a dead horse, but where 'o where does it say in any rules, that paladins try to change your ways?
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Kegor
Sojourner

Re: Paladins _aren't_ nice

Postby Kegor » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:18 pm

VICIOUS
Syntax: toggle vicious

Setting the "vicious" toggle to ON will allow you to automatically
attempt the killing blow on opponents that are mortally wounded.

Paladins may NOT set the toggle vicious on, as it goes against all
their principles and training.

See also: TOGGLE

That should be changed. Paladins vanquish evil, they don't just mort it and walk away.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 pm

I believe there is also a vicious check to see if you attempt to engage an agro monster (of any alignment) pre-emptively in addition to the RP aspect of a lawful good paladin automatically killing a mort'd good mob.

Mystra made the argument once that just because we loosened some of the RP restrictions doesn't mean we can't have any. I thought she had a point even if its annoying.
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:39 am

kegor puts this plain and simple, and how hard could it be to change the vic code so that if your a pally it wont kill morted goodies/neutrals automatically if you have it on... i have limited coding knowledge but ive seen examples of might-be complicated code put down in very few lines. cant be too hard to put something this simple in.

wtb/tf project bandaid phase 3?(last 1 was phase 2 right?)
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:00 pm

kiryan wrote:Mystra made the argument once that just because we loosened some of the RP restrictions doesn't mean we can't have any. I thought she had a point even if its annoying.
So, in this case, the morted mob in question won't be killed due to a normal fight, but as a result of a separate command used especially for that purpose. From RP point of view it's even worse. Can you imagine those poor low-level Paladins hovering over a dying victim, chopping down with their swords here and there, trying to hit? Where's RP in that?
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 pm

What I find ironic is that from a game perspective I experience it the other way.

You mort the enemy, and then you sit and spam kill him while he is lying unconsious.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Disoputlip wrote:What I find ironic is that from a game perspective I experience it the other way.

You mort the enemy, and then you sit and spam kill him while he is lying unconsious.

As my rogue sees it, you're just trying to wake him up!

Opps!

R.I.P.
You receive your experience.

Darn. I should have used a duller knife. Oh well, he doesn't need these coins anymore!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”