What concise problems would be good for band-aid fixes?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

What concise problems would be good for band-aid fixes?

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:03 am

Off top of my head, I think the hardest skill to do is Assassinate. Not sure of any other skill that's so grossly hard to max.

I'm looking for other's ideas on short term fixes that would make the mud more enjoyable in the short term, pending 2.0. Much like Shev, when he did post, having a 'pick top 3 or 5 wishlist'
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Inames
Sojourner

Re: What concise problems would be good for band-aid fixes?

Postby Inames » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:56 pm

mounted combat is way too hard to notch, even for paladins..
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:04 pm

If we're talking about tuning skill practice, I get the feeling that rogues were intended to be a class that required inordinate amounts of time to really become masters of their craft. Maybe it was to try and balance their obvious power, I dunno, but if assassinate or maybe evasion were tweaked to allow easier practice, I wouldn't go overboard.

I'd like to see some changes to the paladin/antipaladin spells with respect to cast time, pray time, and duration to the self-buffs. Changes that allow for more soloability between classes would be pretty neat too. Maybe change eating/drinking to heal you up after a certain length of time after combat. That kind of change really isn't going to affect the zone group mechanics too much, but will let classes with no means to heal actually get out there and rip some shit up on their own.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Not to sneak another skill but shieldblock should be available for every class. You can easily get lucky and block with a shield, even if you are inept at using it. Even if the skill were at 10%, it'd help.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:37 am

Any class/skill where you have to sit doing the same skill practice for more than 8 hours (even 4 or more) once your level 50 having used those skills while leveling up is ridiculous.

or god for bid wearing max stat gear and practicing for multiple 8 hour days...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:08 pm

Any chance an immortal can respond? I don't see anybody claiming that sitting at the keys (because not being present is botting, oh my!) for hours and just clicking 'enter' is good for the game.

I'm not trying to be bossy, whatsoever. I absolutely believe the game would benefit through getting rid of 90+ % of skill 'practice.' Why XP, gaining levels, only to have to arguably XP again, in spamming practices. It's basically double jeopardy in an internet gaming fashion.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”