Trip / Hamstring

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Trip / Hamstring

Postby Thilindel » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:15 am

I've yet to find anybody who appreciates the trip downgrade (as well as hamstring). Trip should not have the same restrictions as bash. Case in point: Watch MMA. Even in the early 1990s, when they would mix flyweights with heavyweights...there were little 130 lb guys who could take 250 lb guys down easily.

Hamstring should be even more of this. Sure, an ogre is 800+ lb. Fifty points slamming into the back of a leg would trip the crap out of you. Hell, my stupid 7 lb dog has almost tripped me, and I'm 232 lb.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Trip / Hamstring

Postby Gormal » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:39 am

Trip has been overpowered for too long. I can barely believe you made a post complaining of a nerf to rogues.

Barely.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Rogues are almost ok, it's that goddamned Khanjari that's the slap in the face.

As per part 2, Hamstring has nothing to do with being a rogue. There's some human mobs just on bgr that are too big for hamstring. That's pathetic. Hehe, and I'm surprised you're not posting something crude.

Almost.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:20 am

Hmm, interesting.

I admit I have not examined the resultant effects for chars ingame after these changes to bash, trip and hamstring firsthand hardly at all, suffice to say that they did seem a tad overpowered perviously.

I do beleive that most chars should be able to trip and hamstring a wider range of mob sizes tho - it seems to make sense that physically bashing an opponent may be quite tough if they are too large or small, but tripping or hamstringing may be a little more effective?
BEER
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:50 am

i think trip was underpowered... how hard is it to use a giants momentum and a well timed push to throw their balance off? yet a rogue couldnt trip anything larger than a golem and only while enlarged...

whats to stop a half-decent rogue(or anyone really) from using a rope with a weighted end to temporarily wrap someone/somethings legs long enough for them to try moving and fail...
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:56 am

gameplay balance is stupid upgrade everyone
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 am

aye, gameplay balance as it currently stands... OH WAIT... ... ...

...point made?
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:44 am

Inames wrote:i think trip was underpowered... how hard is it to use a giants momentum and a well timed push to throw their balance off? yet a rogue couldnt trip anything larger than a golem and only while enlarged...

whats to stop a half-decent rogue(or anyone really) from using a rope with a weighted end to temporarily wrap someone/somethings legs long enough for them to try moving and fail...

Hrm, that reminds me of star wars for some reason.... down with imperial walkers!!!!!!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”