New Leaders

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

New Leaders

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:42 am

well Nerox is right so here it is. If i can get the people im gonna start to try and lead FP and AP (i think the easiest zones to start on leading). I will be checking to see if the bow and cloak load every boot and first chance that i see them i will give it a go. Hopefully i can do this a couple times than i will see about doing some other smaller zones like TF and crypts if i dont cause to many spanks.

But yeah there arent that many people stepping up and trying to lead so im gonna give it a stab. If u want to follow great i'd love that.....and if not well, hell i tried
anyways look me up as Pazak or Meninen and I'll see if i can get this going.

If you have any suggestions for me im glad to take em as most of u know i still have my NEWB moments
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Re: New Leaders

Postby Zoldren » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:15 am

leaders arn't the problem. Followers are. They would rather exp x alt than zone x zone. or only zone w/certain people.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:34 am

I think xp'g is a dead horse. It's supposedly addressed in 2.0. Sad that 2.0 = funny-haha now. Or skills practice..or *shrug* anything. Hell, just getting a CR going is crazy. I like zoning. I don't like that there are such few zones that have 'good' stuff that are under an hour or two. Unless you get a turd twink rogue to ruin shotgun zones meanwhile.

Even lilithelle has trouble getting groups going now, due to lack of interest. Eilistraee can only fix so much with his (her?) time. Forger gods aren't visible, ever. Hell, even Cyric was a joke for the last two years. Since it so strongly seems that ForgerMia, Inc. aren't to be found, I've lost interest as well. I do hang around because Eilistraee, Dugmaren, and now Callarduran have also added content, zones, etc. It's hard to not vent but damn, Forgers should at least be visible.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:08 am

Even Cyric?!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 am

wanted to specify that when I said Lilithelle was having trouble due to lack of interest, I meant that she's offering to lead, and it's hard to get other players to consent to zone. From a player's standpoint, I feel that Lilithelle is the most pivotal reason I return. Good peoples, that Lilithelle!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:52 am

It was difficult enough to form groups a few years back when we averaged 100-150 people or so. Things, obviously, haven't improved much with respect to pbase since then. I'm not sure if a lack of leaders is the problem. You really can't expect Lilithelle, or anyone else, to form many groups that need 15 people at the keys for 3+ hours under these conditions. The problem seems like more about a lack of followers than leaders.

My band-aid suggestion, at this point, is to increase the power of the players AND.. decrease the group limit size. The zones on this mud were built for groups of 15 people. That isn't realistic anymore. We need to allow 8 people to pack the same wallop that 15 people used to... and then make the group size limit 8 people. Or something along those lines.

That way, the mud can move forward as a viable game despite its small pbase.

As a bonus, leveling should become a LOT easier given the increased power of the players. If you ever want to get the pbase to expand very much you will need to make it much easier to move forward in the game. Exp'ing for weeks on end is an outdated model for this mud.

I would also think that the smaller group sizes would bring competition back between guilds. It would allow for small groups to zone together regularly and form a group identity. That is something the mud sorely needs as well.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Venlarin
Sojourner

Postby Venlarin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:52 pm

I am willing to follow. Talk to Ewiril or Lanot. Best of luck with the other followers.
Venlarin
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:55 pm

8 people do pack the same wallop that 15 did back then, zones have gotten more "difficult" in the meantime though.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:22 am

Right.. so the zones that used to be difficult now are a lot easier. Jot used to be one of the hardest in the game and now its starter eq. Thats fine. Same principle applies. Make it about the same difficult for 8 people to beat the zones that right now require 15 people. Or 10 people or whatever. Just gotta start looking at this as a mud with a 30 person pbase instead of a 150 person pbase. The rest will fall into place.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:35 am

i think corth is onto something, an increase in player power and a decrease to group limit would be an interesting concept to at least try... ive attempted to lead many times over the past year only getting enough to zone maybe 15 times and only for small stuff like crypts, TF, FK, SF and the like...

personally i think a booster for players would be good, to make current zones a little easier and doable with smaller groups and will take less time, and allow for future zones to be even harder so that when people do actually get a few hours to do them it will be a more fun and exciting way to spend their time.
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:09 pm

I'll follow you Pazak! My school schedule has been too tight to allow me to randomly log on much but I'll mmail you my icq and you can shout at me whenever you're forming.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:58 pm

The 7-8 player group was thought of well in advance, a.k.a. 'Finn's Keep'

It's even hard to assemble for that even somtimes.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:40 am

My band-aid idea is: allow multiplay. Most regular players now have lots of alts. Allow us to play multiple characters and you will see > 100 chars on regularly. Who cares if it's only 20-30 people at keys... Zones will be done, chars will die left and right, and people will have fun.
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:15 am

Jhorr wrote:My band-aid idea is: allow multiplay. Most regular players now have lots of alts. Allow us to play multiple characters and you will see > 100 chars on regularly. Who cares if it's only 20-30 people at keys... Zones will be done, chars will die left and right, and people will have fun.

i think everyone has given up on this possibility already, tho most people would enjoy it.. there are several who dislike multi and it would result in the pbase decreasing even more if it was allowed on a more permanant basis
My Deviant Art Page
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:18 am

Thilindel wrote:The 7-8 player group was thought of well in advance, a.k.a. 'Finn's Keep'

It's even hard to assemble for that even somtimes.

finn's keep was designed around a small group though, thats why it is limited to one, you never have to fight more than 4 mobs over lvl 50 at a time, generally 2 or 3 per fight, which is ideal for the 2 tanks that are generally taken on each run... the idea was to drop the group limit and increase the power of players so that current 15-man zones could be done with smaller groups
My Deviant Art Page
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:04 am

8 people can do a lot, they don't cause autofollow in a 15 for loot is easier. Its all moot reslly since Shev isn't here long enough to read this thread let alone make big decisions.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:32 pm

back to the OP, I used to lead evils around back during the homeland split, when we would be lucky to have ten evils on at a time. people might have ridiculed me, but at least i was leading zones. there are zones that are fun and doable for smaller groups, but the eq is going to pale in comparison to tiamat, magma, spob, etc.. and whatever else new things are in for that matter.

FP is a great start, dont forget to hit brass while you are at it. we used to three man brass in under 30 minutes..
AP we always had a bit more trouble getting together for, what with risk of eq destruction and generally a far more dangerous grid, but its still doable.
SG (the sahuagin place) can always be done just for shits and giggles. eq is completely subpar tho.
If you are evil, taking out the demon under duergar hometown is also a good quicky.
Crypts is/was soloable, so a tight group can do it as well.
If you get some more people, ET is a possibility..

cant think of what else I was leading atm...its been a long while. Im sure there are plenty of other zones to twink around in as well.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:37 am

Corth wrote:My band-aid suggestion, at this point, is to increase the power of the players...

I would also think that the smaller group sizes would bring competition back between guilds. It would allow for small groups to zone together regularly and form a group identity. That is something the mud sorely needs as well.

I heard someone say something one time about Artifacts, Politics and God Favoritism... too bad no one bothered to act on that idea...
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:46 am

My artifact crown says different.
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:27 am

Gormal wrote:My artifact crown says different.

dwarf(gormal) + dwarf(dugmaren) = love(artifact(child))?
My Deviant Art Page
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:02 pm

Inames wrote:dwarf(gormal) + dwarf(dugmaren) = love(artifact(child))?

Gormal + touk = drunken(wimsical warhammer of drunken debauchery(abomination))

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”