Considering a return to Toril

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
kwirl
Sojourner

Considering a return to Toril

Postby kwirl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:27 am

I'm thinking about becoming an active player for a while, maybe longer if it is actually fun. I think I have a level 47 enchanter with probably shit for gear. What scripts/triggers would I need? What times am I going to be able to actually find a group? Is there another class that I should focus on if I want to actively group and zone with other players?

Any feedback would be great, thanks!

/use zmud, if it matters
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Considering a return to Toril

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:38 pm

same bullshit..enchanter/shaman - worst classes to play, but most needed.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 pm

please shaman worst class to play?

cleric is worse than shaman.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Cleric is the worst except in small groups its fun. But its terrible solo, and boring as sin in 15-man stuff.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:31 am

any healing class sucks mightily. Shaman areas are like 100 damage, so pointless to cast. Group heal spam. That's less work than typing group, then finding who's hurt. Guess it's our own version of mindless gheal vs. using some effort (that, too, is gone with triggers) as cleric.

Invokers get the satisfaction of blowing things up rather than being invisible utility
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

I dunno... I always had great fun as an enchanter, tho your fingers get tired even with trigs in the big zones. *shrugs*
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:59 am

Enchanter is still the most fun class to play, but can really wear out your wrists in extended zone groups. I think the best way to offer an incentive so people want to chant and cleric in zones would be to give them a 1.5 bid instead of standard. Providing, of course, they don't cause a group spank from ineptitude in casting. Any one else think this would work?
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Being an ex-enchanter, I think I can chime in a bit on this! Chanting is an easy class to play if you pay attention, which most of the good ones do. Soloability, they are absolutly amazing, I've solo'd stuff on Nerox that I thought wasn't even feasible. In terms of having a bid increase? I'd veto that if I were still around and leading things, just for the fact that those whom choose to play a chanter know what they are getting into.

Cheers happy mudding!

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:00 pm

1.5 bid is an interesting idea, but I don't think it could work. You'd have all this trash talk about whether a cleric was good or bad, you'd have the enchanter demanding it next and then other highly skilled players as well. This is a sleeping dog we should let lie.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”