The Next Tiamat Run

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Sarell
Sojourner

Re: The Next Tiamat Run

Postby Sarell » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:45 am

Myself and a few Australians & Asians stopped going when the starting time became 2AM for us. That just wrecks the whole weekend.

I think stopping points would be good. Let the players / leaders choose how they like to play the game.

There is way too much gear there as I posted after the first tia run. Top end gear should be special and exciting to obtain not something you expect to have after sitting at the keyboard in a drone state for two days.

In terms of gameplay it's a really neat zone. It becomes more fun in direct proportion the the experience and attention of the players you have there which I think is a good thing. It's probably a bit easy. You can down the big fights with 5 people not paying attention whatsoever. If the gear was far more limited most likely you would leave these people at home.

I think Gormal should lead tiamat and get nothing while Verarb automatically gets an artifact.

I'd still like to lead a tiamat run some day where we roll 1-30 winner takes all.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:53 am

Oh! bags necro'ing that winner takes all run Pat!!

This response has been automatically generated by necronotatkeystrigs.com
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:45 pm

ive been on 4 tia runs, 2 failed because we couldnt get past the fight with the gelugon's, because they para'd all the tanks within like 2 rounds and half group fell instantly, the other 2 went pretty smooth, one was lead by nerox, the other by lase...

my 2 cents on the matter of the zone itself, is theres a ridiculus amount of mobs... its more of a spankfest than a challenge.

-- cut out 1 or 2 mobs from each of the patrols on first half

-- take out 1 gelugon from each of the 2? fights that have them in first half, so that not all of the tanks get para'd in the first 2 rounds, which is the primary reason those 2 mentioned runs failed(couldnt do damage fast enough because it took too long to recover from the partial spanks)

--and also take out 5 or so of the dragons that are on the spiral part that leads down to tia

those 3 changes in the mobs i think would allow the zone to be done with a few less people, and lower the main group composition requirements slightly for easier forming..

personally i like the current bid system and i think it works, though instead of allowing claims at 500 points i think just giving the players a significantly higher chance of winning would suffice(maybe give them a 25-75% chance of winning based on the number of bids on it*), because im not all too thrilled with not being able to have a chance at what i want, just because i havent had as many chances to go(i've tried to go on as many runs as possible since i started going in early 2008, and just because they havent all been successful i dont think i should be penalized for it, and im sure others would agree).

perhaps start at a 75% chance to win, and reduce the chance by 5% for every player that bids the item, bottoming out at 25%
examples:
2 players bid = claim 1-75, other 76-100
3 players bid = claim 1-70, other1 71-85, other2 86-100
10-15 players bid = claim 1-25 other 9-14 players split the remaining 75%

but with the other players having different points it would be slightly different..
player1 = 500 points
player2 = 300 points
player3 = 350 points
player4 = 450 points

player1 gets 60%, 75% minus 5% for each other bidder
players 2-4 have 1100 points, the equation 1100/40x60 would tell you how much the claimer gets in the bid, 60%, being 1650

so player1 1-165, player2 166-195, player3 196-230, player4 231-275

or on a larger scale,

player1 = 500 points
player2 = 300 points
player3 = 350 points
player4 = 450 points
player5 = 200 points
player6 = 100 points
player7 = 150 points
player8 = 250 points
player9 = 475 points
player10 = 400 points

claim = 75% - 5% per other player, drops it to 30%
other players have total of 2675 points, 2675/70x30 finds the 30% bid the claim gets 1146.4, round it to 1150 to simplify, doubt anyones gonna complain for 3.6 extra points....

player1 1-1150, player2 1151-1450, player3 1451-1800, player4 1801-2250, player5 2251-2450, player6 2451-2550, player7 2551-2700, player8 2701-2950, player9 2951-3425, player10 3426-3825

see, they would still have a significantly higher chance to win, but it would be fair to all the other players that went, and in exchange for not having the garunteed win, only drop the claims points by half or 3/4 instead of taking it all away if they win, such a revision to the bid system would be nice and i hope others will support me on this
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Here's the issue with that inames. Dicing at tia blows as it stands. Making it more complicated would royally suck for leaders. Just my 2 cents but you can ask Ross
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm

it doesnt really make it more complicated, you just have to add up the total points of players that arent claiming, and run that through the simplest of equations, takes 30 sec with a calculator

Edit: the part thats hard about splitting is typing all those damn numbers in to tell people who gets what range on the dice and finding the points for each player to start with
My Deviant Art Page
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Well as it stands this is what leader needs to do:

1) Get bids from everyone. (Small problem with people tired/sleepy/afk/ressing)

2) Check the list fo points and try to figure out which alt you're on the list as. (Royal pain in the ass. Really people need to be doing this themselves within the bid so like "mwrite leader circlet - cofen"

3) Double check points to the best of their ability to cut down problems with numbers being wrong.

4) Organize bids and make sure you didn't forget anyone

5) dice

if you eliminate step 2 I'd say leaders would be willing to maye deal with claculating numbers but dicing is by far the worst part of leading tia.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:28 pm

mmm even so, an extra 30 sec for each item thats diced out in the first round isnt enough to make it harder to do the dicing, thats just laziness imo... and comparing that to how much better some people would feel about how the gear is diced out in reference to people getting claims, i dont see how its not worth it.

ill leave it at this till some more people give input
My Deviant Art Page
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Adding to the complexity of dicing in any capacity isn't a good thing. Too much room for error and not enough time to sit around and make sure you got every bid 100% accurate. It already is a big challenge to dice. You have to sit there, compile your bids from mwrites, check kegors DB and cross reference pnames to points on the point table, calculate how many points people now have, and then split the numbers up into they're corresponding units. There are a lot of places errors can be made already.

Personally I don't see whats so bad about a pure point system. If you go on 5 runs without winning, you have 500 points or 5x the chance of winning vs a person with 1 run worth. The claim system seems a little redundant in that respect.

This also brings up another thing I've mentioned before....Lets code a bidding system. Add number values to items in glist and let players bid on glist items with the results available to the leader. Gets rid of the need to use mwrite and compile bids. I would think that would be pretty simple to code and removes a step from dicing.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”