Reimbursement of lost necro pet gear

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kissa
Sojourner

Re: Reimbursement of lost necro pet gear

Postby Kissa » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:32 pm

Gormal wrote:That is the worst post ever. Welcome to wespeakenglishmud, I hate to seem racist but try to man up.

dont be a dick, english is his second language and he only learned english through mudding. know the whole story
before talking down on someone, yeah ? if he wants to participate in the discussion, let him participate and
contribute his ideas. since when did you have the right to deny anyone the right to voice their opinion ?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Gormal is god. Just ask him. Narcissistic diatribe is his specialty even - here's GormalPolice, as his 'enlightenment' sees fit as of late:

quit
yes
18is2old

do we really need a new thread for every recession-related tidbit that comes across the ticker?

Generic Plea: Stop.

Worthless thread imo

This thread makes no sense.

help resurr;save;prioritize contagion;quit;yes;6;<password>

every thread i post is epic

Cause you eat dick.

I'll rain sperm down on your chest.

Umm.. do I even have to say it?

All asian people look alike.

Torilism:

You are promised 2.0 cows.
You receive none.

did I do this right?

Sticking your fingers in your ears and humming won't change the fact that I'm right.

Dear god stop this kind of posting. You look like morons when you waste our time putting it here.

And it's amazing that he can talk shit of someone who's at least attempting to speak a non-primary language. Idiot. Jake, just because life may be shit for you, don't try to smear your shit on us. Come to my ER. Maybe I can get you some prozac..
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:44 pm

I don't even have to click on Thil's post to know that he's jealous he's not me.

Here I'll sum up this thread:

Necros cannot simply be allowed to equip their pets at will with no risk of equipment loss.
Rangers being reimbursed for arrows lost due to crash is not comparable in the least.
Zone reset policy is reasonable where if a god caused the crash or a deliberate attempt by a player caused it, you can get the zone reset. Tiamat is the exception.
Thread has lost focus.
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Oh common... what kinda lich's are you... when have you ever heard of a lich in a book or otherwise equiping there horde with crazy magical weapons and vorporal long swords or what not. Hordes are disposable. They usually come equipped with rusty swords and maybe a shield or some crumbling armor, not something that you would deem valuable.

Semi-jokes aside,
I play my lich all the time and yes equipment loss does suck. HOWEVER I disagree that we should be reimbursed for equipment as it is our personal choice to equip mobs and as i stated above in my sorta joke attempt thing who the hell puts their best equipment on a mindless disposable undead drone/cannon fodder? I mean common. This is just my personal opinion that undead are meant to be used and disposed of. I do agree that having undead with weapons significantly increases damage but, minor created weapons and shields work fine for the most part. As a lich you can solo a good number of things with just minor created equipment for your undead. (or equipment you find on the ground)
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Lol I can't beleive any players would actually hope or expect that any equipment on any pets can be reimbursed due to loss/crash at any time.

Assume you have ponded every peice of item you put on any pet.

Hell, its' easy enough these days to gather sets of low-mid lvl stuff anyway.
Lorendel Ebonmist
Sojourner

Postby Lorendel Ebonmist » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 am

Merrick is totally right.
Animated undead are mere disposable minions, anyone "role-playing" their necro/lich could give a rats ass if they die or not, they are mindless thralls, whose only purpose is to die, to occupy the enemy, they are not your friends, your comrades, your buddies, they are created to serve and die.... and indeed since no one really explores nor enjoys the levelling up process, the creating of ones characters story, over years of adventuring, overcoming many trials and tribulations, since people are content with their level 50 char lifebook and story of how he achieved such great status is: "I turned in a bunch tokens" in a book called "How Joe Wizard Became the Great Wizard of Blah"....

Given most people plevel to 50th, there is alot of abundant and easily attainable mid to lower-upper level gear people can equip pets with and not really have to cry over the loss, although some people will cry about/over anything...

I lose pet gear all the time...sometimes because of crash, sometimes because of RL, sometimes because i fall asleep at keys...Thats the Necro risk...Live or Die with it....arrows are a much bigger pain in the ass to acquire in sufficient numbers...halfway decent pet gear...you can find practically laying around on the ground....

Spellchecker and GrammarChecker work fine, regardless of what languages you speak or dont speak...plz utilize them...if for no other reason other than to not appear to be ignoramus...I'm not perfect, no one is, but out of courtesy even try a little harder. If i was posting something in some forum other than english, I'd write my comments in Wordpad and triple check spelling and grammar...cause i have this need to be understood, regardless what language i'm trying to communicate in...keep trying though...its difficult and I applaud your courage to do so...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm

ssar wrote:Lol I can't beleive any players would actually hope or expect that any equipment on any pets can be reimbursed due to loss/crash at any time.

Assume you have ponded every peice of item you put on any pet.

Hell, its' easy enough these days to gather sets of low-mid lvl stuff anyway.

To the people who are complaining about the complainers:

It's about time to gather all the gear. I'd rather not spend time gathering gear that I lost because of a crash.
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:37 pm

@ Lorendel Ebonmist

Glad to see you play your necro all proper like! If only there were more like you and I.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Thilindel wrote:I do hope you get it back. To make it easier for admin to limit slots, like 5 and that's it. *shrug* If you fully equip 5 ghasts like llaldara did, omg that'd be hard to keep track of!

You can't allow the gear to save, it becomes too unbalancing. A ghast with a conjured shield is better then one without. A ghast wearing IC/SS/BS gear is substantially better than a ghast with a conjured shield.

I used to have macro's that fired out and geared up and un-geared all my pets in a heartbeat. Farming IC/SS/BS loot doesn't take a lot of time and was easy to come by. If I didn't have to worry about loosing loot, I would have geared them out to absurd levels and it would have been unbalancing.

I was already doing nutso stuff with them in garbage gear and it would be absurd if could toss serious stuff on them. Go gear 5 ghasts out like I did, including +save +hp gear. Give 3 no weapon, and 2 ebony bladed longswords. Have triggers to pick up and re-arm the fumbled weapons to the ghasts. Rotate your 3 tanks so they constantly self heal and help mitigate the dmg and the wielding ones constantly blind the target(s).

Then post here talking about how even better gear you never lost wouldn't be unbalancing. Because that's the risk, so much of a power increase MUST HAVE a equally detrimental downside.

Btw, some pets DO need equipment. Solids can't use shield-related skills without a shield, and they don't show up with one. :P

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”