Please wipe cash from all pfiles

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Please wipe cash from all pfiles

Postby Shevarash » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm

The serious offenses I'm referring to include multiplaying and character sharing. I was exaggerating when I said 17, but suffice it to sya that this player has been a habitual offender. As to why he wasn't banned sooner, that's because said punishment is an absolute last resort, and we try never to have to use it. If that means we get burned by it once a decade, so be it, as it's better than the alternative.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:37 am

Also, people lately have been raising bids on items as far as the proxy was set, as if they knew, or knew of a way, to know how high the proxy was set as. Happened to one auction I had bid on, and saw it last night like 5 or 6 times straight. And I'm talking EXACT proxy amount limit. Might wanna investigate that as well.

Thanks again.
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:18 am

Happened to me too.

Was buying vampire leggings for about 4k plats with a proxy of 9999 plats and someone push up to my exact proxy too, then this person bided the second vampire leggings on auction for like 1600 plats.

Maybe it wasnt a coincidence after all.
Last edited by muxxissinix on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
fobble
Sojourner

Postby fobble » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:32 am

Didn't happen to me but bidding up to proxy limit happened to one of my guild mate

Edit: Correction now that I think about it, it did happen with my proxy bid for couple items as well.
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:45 am

I was told you can know the proxy on an item, but still you have to bid in small increments to hit the exact bid.
So still not very easy to do.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:50 am

Pathetic.

FYI this isn't the first way, nor likely the last, that people have figured out how to make money appear from thin air. Anyone who sells an elite item for plat is an idiot. Plat grows on trees and all its good for is buying potions. People are going to figure this out soon and go back to demanding valuable items in return no matter how much plat you're willing to pay.

And now 2.0 is pushed back. Good going guys!

*duck*
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:18 am

muxxissinix wrote:Happened to me too.

Was buying vampire leggings for about 4k plats with a proxy of 9999 plats and someone push up to my exact proxy too, then this person bided the second vampire leggings on auction for like 1600 plats.

Erm, if you bid a proxy of 9999 plats on an item with 1 plat bid increment and I bid 15000 plats, my bid will register publicly as 10000 plats, even though my proxy is 15000...

Or did I misunderstand?
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:27 pm

A few people have come forward since my last post here. As promised, the illicit funds have been removed and the players were not punished in any way. The offer still stands to anyone else reading this.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm

shalath wrote:

Erm, if you bid a proxy of 9999 plats on an item with 1 plat bid increment and I bid 15000 plats, my bid will register publicly as 10000 plats, even though my proxy is 15000...

Or did I misunderstand?

I think what muxx is saying is that someone else pushed his (muxx's) bid up to 9,999, but didn't go one plat further to register their own bid of 10,000. So instead of getting the leggings for 1600, Muxx got stuck paying 9,999 because someone shilled his bid all the way up to his maximum proxy amount.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:36 pm

As the someone who was selling the leggings i thank you Muxx :). But yeah that is more than just a little wierd how that works. Its not the only one i seen like that either.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Corth, there are quests that take 4-6k in plat. There are quests for arrows that take 1.5k for 4 arrows, etc. For a quiver that holds 200 arrows, do the math. :)
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:50 pm

So they tried to make plat mean something? That didn't work out so great...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:11 am

Especially since archery is fucked up and does not do the damage it claims. Then turds like gormal try to whine from ignorance saying 'learn the mechanics.' When A+B doesn't equal C, and he doesn't know what the hell the correct answer is in the first place, it's easy to do the smoke in mirrors.

On a side note, it certainly seems after some testing that archer does the three arrow's damage, plus a single damage bonus...not the damage bonus of each arrow.

When a wd salesman has 201 hps, and your arrows are 4d6, plus your max archery, with damroll at 63, you would think you'd get 14 arrow damage (average) plus 189, thus, a nearly DEAD salesman. Instead he's at few to nasty. Nasty is less than 50% hps, and given 14+63, you don't always even get nasty wounds, just few. When archery first came out, Touk intended it to be a single arrow. The extra arrows were basically ignored for some reason.

/end sidenote
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm

1) Archery uses it's own combat engine and has adjustment knobs tied to it, just like the regular combat engine. Trying to "do the math" to figure out how much damage you're going to do based on hitroll/damroll is *never* going to work with our current system. Making those things make sense was sort of the original impetus of 2.0.

2) Archery was introduced in 1995. I'm pretty sure that outdates Touk's involvement with the MUD, so I'm not sure what you mean there.

3) My apologies for the assistance in thread hijacking.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:13 pm

Touk, in 2001, said that archery should have had only one arrow per round, and the assist/afire, flee, rinse/repeat was not intended.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 am

Shevarash wrote:A few people have come forward since my last post here. As promised, the illicit funds have been removed and the players were not punished in any way. The offer still stands to anyone else reading this.

Just curious. Eilistraee had already given us a warning when the bug was initially discovered. Now, people are finally coming forward because you're involved now? Who's to say there isn't more? I'm a little frustrated people were given a second chance. A policy is a policy... and I think all you assholes who benefited from the cheating should have _all_ of your plat deleted ontop of any gear received in auctions in the past month. You guys basically said oh it's just Eilistraee, w/e. I respect Eilistraee just as much as I respect Shevarash. I even took the time to learn how to spell his name correctly (I think).
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Shevarash wrote:2) Archery was introduced in 1995. I'm pretty sure that outdates Touk's involvement with the MUD, so I'm not sure what you mean there.

If archery was introduced in 1995, it was removed by 1996 when I started playing the first time. And then re-introduced in 2000, during Sojourn 2 when I played most actively.

Anyway... end threadjack, I have no idea what Thilindel is talking about either.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:34 am

Ragorn wrote:I have no idea what Thilindel is talking about either.

Its okay neither does he most of the time *whistle*
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 am

shalath wrote:
Gormal wrote:I'm saying its possible that even if the gods did get all of the Zotusplat, there is still a shitload out there that can lead to this type of inflation. Call out the specific people you want to accuse of having tons of plat and are winning auctions. I know a lot of people who are bidding high plat amounts on many items up that weren't able to get any of Zotus' windfall.

In my logs, after Ancuc dropping huge amounts of plats, I have multiples of:

Dicok gets a huge pile of coins.
Dicok gets a mountain of coins.

and multiples of

Elainor staggers in from the west.
Elainor staggers east.

and multiples of

Kanenan staggers in from the west.
Kanenan staggers east.

and lots of movement in and out of Nozzimimos and Kekbon and that's just from one part of one character's log.

Lots and lots of people picked up piles of cash, off the floor, from the bug, given to alts, etc. I don't want to go through my logs in detail because they are incomplete, they will only catch some of those who did it.

Can we live with it? Yes we can if we must. But don't go giving me shit like "no-one cheated".

-simon

I could include a dozen other names on your partial log. To my knowledge the three people you finger here have all given back any and all illegal plats. There were mountains of it all over VT.
stuff.
razax
Sojourner

Postby razax » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 pm

Just had the same thing happen to me. Not looking like a coincidence anymore.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”