2 reasons magma sucks

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

2 reasons magma sucks

Postby Thilindel » Sat May 09, 2009 4:41 am

It's supposedly second only to Tia for zone difficulty, yet the rewards pretty much suck. All the rares are too damned rare, and what not.

What's with ALL the fleeing out over and over? Especially for undead? Weak. Dragon roaring was said to have been toned down but with the chronic fleeing I saw and did myself over and over and over and over and ..(5 min later) over, it got asinine.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: 2 reasons magma sucks

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat May 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Thil, I think you're totally wrong here. Magma is very cool after the changes went in.
dem
Sojourner

Postby dem » Sat May 09, 2009 5:07 pm

I side with Adriorn here. I really think it's fun. Dresk fight is kind of boring tho. I love acutally like the roaring dragons. Gotta get back to the group rq!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat May 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Whew, allll done with finals, so now I'm clearer in thinking. I found the dragon roaring insanely too frequent tho. That was a compound problem with being undead and fleeing. Undead aren't being turned from roar, thus shouldn't flee.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Sat May 09, 2009 9:49 pm

I think Magma is a lot better since the last round of changes went in. It's nice that it doesn't take 6 hours or more now. Some of the eq is still pretty weak (the marionnette comes to mind, and the save rod on the swallowing snakes tattoo is weird as well), but overall the rewards vs. risk is pretty decent now. Frequency on lich fleeing was a bit funky, but you just have to adjust.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Mon May 18, 2009 2:36 am

Why is sv_rod weird? It's kinda unique.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Tue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm

What does save_rod affect? It's only against beholders that this would apply to, right? So, that's one high end zone, Hulburg, that most people avoid cuz it's such a bloodbath. Where else are there beholders in the game, aside from rares and the occasional MH mines beholders?

The point I was making is that instead of making the tattoo of snakes unique by adding the -5 sv_rod, making it more functional would be better. If it were 4 MR, I could see people wanting to bid it. Or some other beneficial stat (-5 sv_sp, etc.) that is more generally useful.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Hulburg has beholders as well as...

CPV
Twisted Rune
MH Mines
i'm sure i'm forgetting some.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Tue May 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Good job reading my post, Pril. Two of the zones you quoted I listed as having beholders.

And sure, there's a beholder in Amenth Gnarr, the zone w/ the sinister dirk and armor. But who does that zone anymore anyway?

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue May 26, 2009 11:06 pm

UM2 has a beholder
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Tue May 26, 2009 11:21 pm

And yes, there's a rareload beholder in Meilich. But again, when do these mobs get killed? Very, very rarely.

loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Wed May 27, 2009 2:50 am

I absolutely agree. We need to take decisive action to make the belt attractive and relevent to todays gaming context. The belt requires an adjustment which will make it a competitive option, whilst allowing the area writer to express their individuality, creativity and adaptability to pbase needs, without rendering other zone and quest eq obsolete.

Essentially, the belt needs to be made +4max agi.

tai.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed May 27, 2009 5:27 am

loshaenar wrote:I absolutely agree. We need to take decisive action to make the belt attractive and relevent to todays gaming context. The belt requires an adjustment which will make it a competitive option, whilst allowing the area writer to express their individuality, creativity and adaptability to pbase needs, without rendering other zone and quest eq obsolete.

Essentially, the belt needs to be made +4max agi.

tai.

hahahaha, qft
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Wed May 27, 2009 7:26 am

Hey! I was almost being sincere there.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed May 27, 2009 1:21 pm

What this game needs is eq that changes stats based on what the player needs. So a belt that is +4max_agi normally then when the elf needs to bash an ogre the belt magically becomes +90" +200 lbs then when the elf needs more hps belt automatically becomes +300 hps.

Really Dug is there a way to make a belt that can proc "prep self"?

:)
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed May 27, 2009 2:05 pm

I think VelsharoonsSocks might be a better options for pril.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”