6/10/09 Full Changelog

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

6/10/09 Full Changelog

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Going to start a trend of threads where the players will report what has been changed. We all know stealth changes are added or sometimes the gods aren't very descriptive. I understand that some may not want to say changes (such as a fight is made easier, unknown quests etc.) so that's fine.

Name 'a cloak of faeriekind'
Keyword 'cloak faeriekind material', Item type: ARMOR
Item can be worn on: ABOUT
Item will give you following abilities: NOBITS
Item is: MAGIC NOSLEEP NOCHARM NO-WARRIOR NO-THIEF ANTI-BARBARIAN ANTI-TROLL ANTI-OGRE
Weight: 1, Value: 772730
AC-apply is 15
Can affect you as :
Affects : HITPOINTS By 40
Affects : SPELL_FOCUS_ENCHANTMENT By 5

-12 Height changed to 5 spell focus enchantment.

Name 'a softly throbbing sphere of nature'
Keyword 'sphere throbbing nature', Item type: ARMOR
Item can be worn on: HOLD
Item will give you following abilities: NOBITS
Item is: GLOW MAGIC FLOAT NOBURN LIT NO-WARRIOR NO-THIEF NO-MAGE ANTI-CLERIC
Weight: 4, Value: 0
AC-apply is 0
Can affect you as :
Affects : HITPOINTS By 30
Affects : SPELL_FOCUS_NATURE By 3

5 maxwis changed to 3 spell focus nature
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gukov
Sojourner

Re: 6/10/09 Full Changelog

Postby Gukov » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Guess I might as well put in an official bbs plea to change the sphere of nature back so shaman can benefit from it fully.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:00 pm

wow what an absolute ballsing... that quest is actually decently annoying, time consuming etc. Auction time?
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 am

no auction, but only because it might be used in a quest some day.

I would basically summarize sphere of nature as very arguably more difficult to acquire than staff of divinity, but less useful even before the downgrade.

Could this be changed so that all spheres in the game currently retain their original stats, and simply make all subsequently quested spheres have the spell focus?

I understand a major point behind the argument of the change was logic regarding the name of the item, but logic is a very inconsistently followed rule with items, and certainly needn't be applied due to an item's arbitrary "title". I perceive the change mostly as a desire for something new to be put into the game to spice things up ("spell focus items, neat!"), but could this desire perhaps better be served by just adding new items with spell focus rather than tampering with old ones?

Tangentially, spell focus by amounts like 3% is hella weak. Upper tier items should (imo) affect spell effects by something like 5% per spell focus point, all other things remaining the same. I see no significant unbalancing of the game by having players who can stack up to something like 20-25% extra effects to their spells. It would simply be akin to having a specialize *spellcategory* item. Or simply add items to give people specialize in various spell categories. Anyway, tangent.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:21 am

posted elsewhere too but the total downgrade to cloak of faeriekind is horrid.

To spend that much time to get the -ht eq for my mages to have it utter crap now with the spellfocus and no -ht sucks.

I'd rather see new eq added with the spellfocus instead of completely changing current eq.

I'd really request this changed back please... or at least change it to include -ht as well
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:49 am

Sphere of Nature - leaving it as is, there are MANY +wis_max items you can get if you don't want the spellfocus nature.

Cloak of Faeriekind - swapped spell focus for -25 height.

Point of fact - pissing all over changes made by THE ONLY PERSON MAKING CHANGES? probably a bad plan. More tact in the future gentlemen.

Dugmaren
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 am

At least someone didn't noticed the improper grammar in the item's descriptions, am I right? *duck*
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:52 am

Dugmaren wrote:Sphere of Nature - leaving it as is, there are MANY +wis_max items you can get if you don't want the spellfocus nature.

Cloak of Faeriekind - swapped spell focus for -25 height.

Point of fact - pissing all over changes made by THE ONLY PERSON MAKING CHANGES? probably a bad plan. More tact in the future gentlemen.

Dugmaren

Would you consider +5 spellfocus nature? I just remember it was a huge pain in the ass.

Also, would you consider -30 height? :)

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Sorry Dug, Yer right yer taking on a lot of stuff and trying to fix alot of broken things. Was just in shock because the cloak was totaly changed not just altered.

Thanks for all ya do!
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:09 pm

I considered waiting longer before commenting because coming so soon on the heels of the change it could be considered as an attack on the judgment in making the change at all, which was not my intention. I'm still considered whether I should just shut up and wait a few months before whining about it some more.

My only interest is trying to attain equity as far as possible given the time and difficulty of the quest.

Maxwis has very broad benefits to priest classes in many situations, whereas spell focus has a very narrow focus on a relatively small number of spells for limited situations. Even +5 spell focus would not be an equitable change from +5 maxwis.

I suppose it's worth noting I view this through the lens of a troll shaman, and so maxwis is relatively more valuable than it would be to a goodie druid.

On a side note, and it's a weak argument, the item creator obviously intended for it to be usable by shamans, as the !cleric flag strongly implies. In addition, one could 'logically' infer that the spirit realm is part of toril nature and a sphere of nature would not necessarily point only to druid.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Gukov, what is your other held item?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Gukov, have you considered trading your sphere for one of the maxwis items in game? I'm sure there may be people who will want to trade :P

Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:25 pm

I held a sphere of nature in each hand :P

I'll survive, it just sucks that they suddenly became no more useful than held 30hp items to my shaman in one swoop.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Use a shield instead Gukov. AC more important in the end.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”