Rechargeable items

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Rechargeable items

Postby Jhorr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:50 am

Please re-code rechargeable items, if possible, to charge while they are in storage. Thank ye!
Inames
Sojourner

Re: Rechargeable items

Postby Inames » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:02 am

they changed this in the first place to prevent people stockpiling things like vermillion sleeves to use as infinite potions, i cant say im happy about it but i see where they were coming with it. i suggest you dont get your hopes up too much on this
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:31 pm

I've always wondered how this works... I have multiple tridents of the undead. Do I need to be wearing them when i charge them? it seems that sometimes i'll take one outta a bag on my person and I can summon a zombie right away from it... so does that mean I have to charge it while holding the item then i can put it into a bag and it will retain it's charge?
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 pm

Some items will reset their timer when you remove & re-equip them, others won't. In general they reset because I don't like the idea of using them as a consumable like scrolls, potions, staves & wands. This is also because sometimes they have less then stellar stats to make up for a great proc.

Dugmaren
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks dug for clearing that up.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Dug - if an item is partially charged and then stored, does it need a full recharge the next time it enters the game, or just the remainder? Seems like the golden crown that summons the skeletal warriors is never useable unless I log in my lich hours before I plan to play and have him just sit AFK. Maybe this item could be made more useful if it was easier to charge?
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:22 am

Not going to look through the different examples but I know they ARE coded differently. For instance - some of them reset charge to zero when worn. As such no half charges. I'm sure some only charge when worn, and then stay half charged and don't reset when re-worn.. but's it's specific to the item.

Dug
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Ya that one takes about 2.8 hours to use once lol.. but they are pretty awsome so worth it.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”