Rainbow Pattern spell for Illusionists

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Rainbow Pattern spell for Illusionists

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Can this spell be upgraded so it's actually worth casting?

I think currently is gives a minor hit/dam reduction, maybe -3 each.

What's wrong with giving it that and making it _actually_ blind the mob as well?
Or at least have a better chance of making mobs miss their bash and trip attempts?

Thanks!
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Rainbow Pattern spell for Illusionists

Postby Corth » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:38 pm

I did use to find the spell worthwhile when soloing.. which is not to say it shouldn't be upgraded, but it definitely was useful. My recollection was that you were less likely to be crit'd if you landed one on your attacher. I kind of like that idea of lowering the chance of bashing or tripping.
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I very much forget the details, but I seem to recall it drastically reducing hitroll during an arena test... like by a two digit number or something. It is also one of the possible effects of tendrils (so and so looks distracted...).
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Never cast it myself, tendrils does the job fine. I believe its intent is crit reduction, which from my experiences it does a good job of. Only time I used it was pre-46 doing smoke xp. After you get tendrils its mute.

And as much as Id like blind...no, that would be OP for the class.

Making it an area spell might be an idea.

While we are on the subject of illus please move corpse glamor to 5th circle. Currently no point meming it because pblades/camo/seq/flux are all higher priority. Glamor scrolls also make it useless in the circle its in, while 5th circle has plenty of free slots.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:26 am

the land rate of most debuffs is horrible. I posted several examples of trying to feeb the shaman magi in DS, or ray of enfeeb on bouncers in WD. rb patter, at 8th circle, just wasn't worth the effort cuz its land rate at the time was garbage too.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”