plz remove dayblind

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kindi
Sojourner

plz remove dayblind

Postby Kindi » Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

it sucks and everyone hates it. nuff said
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Re: plz remove dayblind

Postby Dugmaren » Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm

No.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed May 26, 2010 1:11 pm

PWNED! :)
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 26, 2010 2:47 pm

In a pretty hardcore response as a reason TO remove it: DDO online does -not- have drow players suffer dayblind. If someone's sadistic enough to enjoy it, perhaps having RP tog'd would also impose dayblind for those who are into that. I mean, when DDO isn't imposing it, I'd think that a game 'based' on the original would see some leeway in having it gone.

I don't play drow, so don't care either way. Just pointing out a standard that's higher on a relative periphery than DDO.
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 pm

shouldn't speak for everyone when ya say everyone hates it. I have lots of drow characters and I like dayblind so there.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu May 27, 2010 4:41 am

You like it? You sadistic fuck.

In all honesty, for those who aren't lilithelles, it freezes your playing usually. Especially for those who don't have speedwalks, and the like. Sitting for some 12 minutes before you can see again takes away from gaming, on an already smoldering game.
Enth
Sojourner

Postby Enth » Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 am

In the FR novels, Drizzt and Jarlaxle could always see in the daytime -- it would just hurt their eyes. So maybe dayblind could be removed, but a penalty put in place, whether it be to hitroll or a chance of not seeing a mob/PC in the room.

Or keep dayblind, but only have it affect when the sun is strongest, like 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM or so.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu May 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Remove day blindness but you suffer 100hps of damage every tic! :)
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu May 27, 2010 6:42 pm

put in some skill.. and the more time you spend in daylight the more resistant you become.. and less damage you take.

Dayblind never affects gameplay really.. those that play those classes have run the paths enough to run them in dark or blindfolded. Biggest issue is mainly when zoning and it slows the group down a bit or when rogue thats scouting is dayblind... and you cant scout for 10 min or whatever 10am-5ish pm depending on day or month.

either way its not a big deal.. and lot bigger things to work on like broken zones and quests!
Kral
Sojourner

Postby Kral » Fri May 28, 2010 9:28 am

Roll snake.
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:40 pm

completely right malia although... as far as evils and zoneing goes... don't think we really get to zone often enough to worry about being dayblind in a zone. :)
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 pm

the reason i dont play evils regularly is because orcs are humans in disguise, trolls only good for tanking, ogres have so little defensive capability its not even funny, leveling a snake is a pita with half your gear missing, and every other evil race is dayblind... if i could play a drow without dayblind id have rolled every class available for drow a long time ago...

i think without dayblind, evils would be a much more appealing choice for gameplay among many players..

i think its worth considering the removal/replacement of dayblindness to open up more possibilities to the general mudbase.. at least until theres a major evil content overhaul, these 1 or 2 zones a year from annam arent majorly game changing for evilraces

my 2 scents... and feel free to say they stink, ill just say you need to wipe your upper lip.. or figure out how a toilet works... *nod me*
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Inames wrote:the reason i dont play evils regularly is because orcs are humans in disguise, trolls only good for tanking, ogres have so little defensive capability its not even funny, leveling a snake is a pita with half your gear missing, and every other evil race is dayblind... if i could play a drow without dayblind id have rolled every class available for drow a long time ago...

i think without dayblind, evils would be a much more appealing choice for gameplay among many players..

i think its worth considering the removal/replacement of dayblindness to open up more possibilities to the general mudbase.. at least until theres a major evil content overhaul, these 1 or 2 zones a year from annam arent majorly game changing for evilraces

my 2 scents... and feel free to say they stink, ill just say you need to wipe your upper lip.. or figure out how a toilet works... *nod me*

So what I'm hearing is that Annam needs to stop slacking and make more zones. Point taken. Annam get to work! Dugmaren get on him to stop slacking!
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:01 am

Yuan is by far the best evil raced choice... you say you cant wear 1/2 your eq but you lose 4 slots 2x ear and legs and boots, gain tail slot so really only lose 3 slots

in return you gain innate scaleskin -35 ac and viper mind 6/5

you would have to have ac 15 leggings with ac 10 on each earring to make up that kind of ac, and have 2/2 on each of those slots as well to counter then 6/5 you get from vipermind.

Snakes give up nothing and have all the benefits and arent dayblind...

wearing same eq from my snake rogue to human rogue i go from -83 ac human to -100 ac snake, -15 agil human to -25 agil snake, 32 hit/78 dam human to 37 hit/74 damage snake. Higher if i wield 1 or 2 red dragon daggers.

you dont give up anything for playing snake and have lots and lots of benefits.
Silvanus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Silvanus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 pm

What if there was a percent chance every time you used your vision, that you are blinded? Say maybe your level% chance to see in daylight.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm

might be a good start, but if you do that i would do it as a skill then the longer you spend in sun the more accustomed to it you become. maybe cap the skill out at 80% chance have it check every tick, if you fail tick your blind till next tick and take xxx damage.

This way people dont just idle in the sun to max skill.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Man you know what sucks? Darkblind. I hate having to CR and have to be blinded by the darklight. Every time I scan in a zone I see nothing because those rooms have darklight. I wish humans had some ability to let them see in darklight and not be blind every time I was in those rooms. I mean, we already have negatives to tanking and casting, but on TOP of that we also have darkblind. Mobs are killing me all the time in zones like Goblin Caves and Neverwinter Woods because of the damn darkblind. I can't believe after all these years humans still have darkblind in this damn place.

For shame.

So yes, Silvanus, I think that's a good idea. Have a % chance on level so that humans and drow can see anywhere all the time.
Silvanus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Silvanus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:13 am

Adriorn: I will invent a new kind of magic item just for you. Infravision magic items are now ingame!
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm

or one of the hundred torches/illuminating items for sale at any store or for picking up off the ground... darkness is so sucky there's a dozen ways to deal with it at level 1. every new player is given two forms of light

the last game i was on that had light/dark distinctions had 'darkness orbs' just like 'light orbs' and you could cast darkness on your eq to make the room darker and stuff like that. in other words there was a 'mage flame' dark-side equivalent at level 1 and 'continual light' dark-side equivalents that higher levels could put on your eq.
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:55 am

i think you all have sarcasim togged off...

i'm with Adriorn on this... underdark races dont need to have another special power or magic item or anything to help them see in the light....

sunshadow, globe of darkness, etc... if they do get to zone... bring an illusionist/elementalist/squid...

i'm not against the evils getting to zone by any means... i rolled up an snake illusionist and snake elementalist to help with the daylight issues if they ever start zoning again...

i think if your into rp... then thats a legit problem... most underdark (dnd type) companions all said daylight was a problem... drow even lost their abilities when they were in the daylight too long...

as for dartan... with the necro needing a dark place to mem... lich problem solved (new problems now exist but you can see in any light)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:14 am

Alendar: Yes, that is true. However, there are more than just necros as casters and tell that to a newer player.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:53 am

I think the issue is making things hard, not annoying. And if you have to sit around and do nothing because it's too bright out and you got caught without spells or not knowing where you are etc.. that's just annoying.

Dug
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:50 pm

I find it so odd that for the epitome of intelligence both drow and especially illithid are, neither have invented fucking SUN GLASSES or a VISOR. Hell, put a damned welding goggles item in the game already. Actually, make a visor only, full head, with no bonuses. Losing, for a time, three slots in order to see well during the day. Or better yet, drop dayblind altogether like the -real- D&D online did.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”