shaman upgrade or travel spells

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

shaman upgrade or travel spells

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:34 pm

k so the other night we all had a nice chat about possibly getting shamans a better travel spells, even plane shift would be a huge upgrade to what they currently have.

how ever there was talk of a spell from homeland that sounded pretty neat, kinda like a relo but have to run a half !aggro half aggro zone kinda akin to the spirit realm where you quest gheal. That would be a very nice touch and from what i understand we should have access to the code for it as well. wouldnt be too hard to swap over from what i understand.

As well the topic of shamans and thier damage and thier 10th circle spells in particular did come up. 10th circle spells for a shaman are probably the lamest spells in the game, Fury does nothing but tickle mobs, and ancestral shield dies after it absorbs an ice storm. Id be okay if the shield could last a while longer it would become a useful spell or perhaps modified to help with dragon breath as well. But with its short diration and the fact that most area spells can be fixed by 2 gheals its pretty useless atm.

9th circle is all pretty much gheal gheal gheal

spirit wrack is a great spell that is probably one of the most useful spells a shaman gets, wouldnt change it at all.

Soul temptest i dont use at all cause of the fact that it shares a circle with vit and silence person. so i cant really talk about the damage it causes, but i get a crazy feeling i can say it sucks :(.

6th circle has some great utility spells in it, hex, stone, dispel magic and heal. my only complaint is thats alot to jam into one circle, but its liveable (altough i wouldnt say no to dropping dispel magic to 5th circle :))

My only other thing i could say that shamans could improve on is make the last spirit you summon !fail. nothing is more pathetic than a lvl 25 shaman who fails EVERY attempt to summon a spirit and has to wait 3+ hrs to summon it.

comments? suggests? feedback from the gods?
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Re: shaman upgrade or travel spells

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:20 pm

You sound like the shaman I quested pshift from!

I think mabye some kind of pshift evolved around ethearal plane would be ok, but that is it.

Unless someone wants to code a real spirit plane.
Kral
Sojourner

Postby Kral » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:27 pm

At very least i would *love* for ashield duration to be increased to 1 minute.

Could cast it before entry and try to attempt 1 silence before it runs out then

30 seconds is horrible for the effort put in.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Huangdong does bring up an interesting idea. Perhaps shaman would be better enhanced by the addition of juicy couture tracksuits?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”