Twisted Rune Epic Rewards

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

Twisted Rune Epic Rewards

Postby Gormal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:06 pm

They stink. There's a good chance that one of the mobs is not loading at all, or his load rate is simply too low. The thorn gauntlet proc is basically useless so they might as well be a 6th set of muspel gaunts. The mace is !dru/sha, has hitter and +healing stats so it just doesnt make sense. The platemail is weaker than either quested version of magma plate by virtue of restrictions and the fact that fly is a bad effect on a piece of piece of heavy maxagi gear (chest slot in general is pretty important) and awareness is very good.

Suggested changes;

gauntlets current: ac10 3dam 10hp 5%poison, entangle 3xday -> ac15 3dam 15hp, 5%poison entangle 3xday barkskin 1xday.
mace current: 4d4 5/0 3% 2x, SF-Heal(3), DE, Proc clericy blur -> 4d4 5/5 9% 2x, DE, proc clericly blur (allow for dru/sha)
chainmail current: 42ac 38hp 5max_agi 5%cold/elec/acid, FLY -> 42ac 38hp 7max_agi 5%cold/elec/acid, levitate on command

Just suggestions and I know the zones creator isn't around much but all 3 of these items are in need of some love.
Last edited by Gormal on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Re: Twisted Rune Epic Rewards

Postby Callarduran » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:39 pm

First to address the problem of loading - all mobs load, and most of the mobs have a comparable load rate. Bad luck happens.

As for the rewards themselves -

The armor is patterned off of an actual D&D item, which does have fly on command. However, fly on command is Tiamat level reward. Am I open to changing this aspect of it? Sure. The restrictions themselves though stay. Let me be clear about this - I am much, MUCH more interested in theme of items.

I'm not sure on the addition of barkskin on the gauntlets. Theme-wise, I like it. I like it a lot. Might be too powerful, but I'll certainly take it under advisement.

The mace has had a change planned for quite a while, but I will fully admit to just not getting around to putting it in. It _should_ fix part of your complaint about it. The !shaman/!druid stays though, as it is designed to be a hitter weapon for Divine Characters, not Divine Casters.

Finally, in regards to me not being around much at all. Yep, that's very true. I spent a year in a place with basically no internet, and now though I live in the land of internet again, my job is making my free time very rare. I always check my emails and messages on the bbs at least twice a day, however, so if there are any major problems I am available. This is decidedly not ideal, I realize, but it is what it is at the moment.
--There needs to be a word for the irrational desire to reason with the delusional.

Oghma OOC: 'Please use me.'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm glad to see that you're actually still reading, Call, and I do appreciate you keeping things themed and well-constructed. Fly on command with a long cooldown wouldn't really constitute a Tiamat level item with how many fly wands are out there. Notice that I did suggest bumping up the maxagi value on the armor to bring it between magma and quested magma armor levels. The gauntlets are nice but entangle really sucks functionally because its almost never going to land, and when it does its a very short duration. Barkskin proc would be nice, but looking at it I think my 1/day suggestion should be 1/days maybe with the stat boost.

What changes did you make to the mace? I suggested removing the spellfocus only because it really seems like the item is well... unfocused. Good to see you around!
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 pm

I think the rewards are fine for the dificulty of the quest.

I would look at the bag mob load rate, we may have had bad luck but i have bout 3 of every phlactery except bag mobs which means its loading FAR less then rest.

I dont think any of the items need adjusting except removing fly on the armor and adding fly on command to it. I dont think this would imbalance it and there is already a proc you can copy/paste onto it from vollance.

perm fly on ac 45 item or whatever is with so many !fly rooms and that might be your only protect. having to remove that is silly.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:42 pm

That quest was long. You have to do TR, Manscorps, Oblivion etc. just to finish the quest. The Mace is for a battle cleric or divine caster, which is useless. The platemail is subpar compared to Magma items. The gauntlets having barkskin isn't OP because there are bark potions around and druids. A 3rd circle spell isn't OP. Being able to toggle fly on armor would be very nice and would fit the difficulty.

As for any comment about Tiamat being hard: No. Getting 30 people together is hard. Executing the zone is cake.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:38 am

Trune is a 1h-90m zone, its not that difficult to do, the oblivion is used in everything and isnt hard to get either. Scorps/seers isnt diffcult for final fight.

I dont care for how the eq is stated, the mace isnt usable or practical, the mask is silly at best, the armor needs called fly or you have to remove it to often, and the gauntlets are just bonus to quest nothing special. hes already said hes going for theme and D&D rather then playabilty.

Your still getting 4 pieces of eq for an epic, vs 1 super awesome piece (which i think i'd rather have)

The eq is just fine for the dificulty of the zone.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 am

How many times do you need to do trune to get all the phylacteries, assuming you win all the bids on each? Epic quests in this game aren't epic unless they're khanjari.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Dalar wrote:How many times do you need to do trune to get all the phylacteries, assuming you win all the bids on each? Epic quests in this game aren't epic unless they're khanjari.

Brian,

Just out of curiosity what makes Khanjari so epic? How is it more epic than Finders or Oakvale?

Mike
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:21 pm

He's not saying that the khanjari quest itself is more epic, just that when compared to other "epic" quests it's reward is by far the strongest.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Trune is no less epic then Kerns or Erlans or finders or khanjari. Rewards Mace has proc, gauntlets has proc, armor is 3rd nicest in game (cept for the damn fly), and face is worn spellbook which unique. You get epic rewards for epic quest.

I dont think the items are over or underpowered. I dont find them useful at all, and i stored all 4 pieces I got from mine. They are Themed which is what he wanted. In my opinion leave em, I have done the quest and the only time i complained is when procs were removed.

I think zone is alot of fun, the eq from the zone is probably a bit on the strong side but I wouldnt change it, the risk for total spank in there is still high with crapy cr with blocking mobs. The epic rewards are on par for dificulty of quest and you get 4 items nice items instead of 1 super awesome item.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Malia wrote:Rewards Mace has proc, gauntlets has proc, armor is 3rd nicest in game (cept for the damn fly), and face is worn spellbook which unique. You get epic rewards for epic quest.
I dont think the items are over or underpowered. I dont find them useful at all, and i stored all 4 pieces I got from mine.

Mace proc isn't useful, gauntlets proc does nothing, armor is behind both magma quested armors and quickling, and the face is meh. The fact that you bank all 4 because they aren't useful directly speaks to the fact that they are underpowered. I mean... that's basically the definition of an item that isn't good. Since trune was released how many khanjaris have been completed versus how many trune quests? I've seen 2 khanjaris done from start to finish since I came back and there are I think only 4 total trune ones done ever.

I'm all for themed items but I don't think that looking cool really factors into the level of reward you should get.

Edit: The mace needs some tweaking, its not useless but I explained why its weak above in better detail.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:48 pm

i wouldnt say its behind either of the magma quested, those dont give you protects this one done, and quickling isnt even in same ballpark.

Magmas are trade off you get awareness and higher maxagil and 5hit, lose 38hp and 3 protects which stack shrug.

Or gain 3ac 28hp awreness and higher maxagil, give up 10hp 3 protects and perm fly

armor is behind both magma quested armors and quickling

Ac 25 30hp +5maxagil? (quickling armor)

ac 42 38hp +5maxagil 3 protects with side efect your flying always.

how is that remotely better?

Just because we chose maxagil and awareness over someone else who might chose hp and protects doesnt make it any worse or better.

Choices are good... I say leave the stats

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Downgrade Tiamat rewards.

Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:23 pm

i like them and was planning on wearing everything except the cleric mace, if i ever complete the quest
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah, I should be a bit more clear I guess. I'm not interested in upgrading any of the items. The gear for the difficulty is about right. However, tweaking them a bit so that they're more usable, or maybe tweaking things to fit more in theme that I was thinking especially with the new code that Shev has been putting in for code-dumb people like me...that seems more likely. So upgrade the max-agi? No.
--There needs to be a word for the irrational desire to reason with the delusional.

Oghma OOC: 'Please use me.'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:52 am

no, as it stands now its a trade off, you give up maxagil and get hp instead.

make fly unlimited useage like volance band from tia, and make thorn gauntlets proc barkskin maybe instead of entangle.

besides that i wouldnt change a thing.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”