A modest suggestion on spell memorization and praying

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
shalath
Sojourner

A modest suggestion on spell memorization and praying

Postby shalath » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:58 pm

In D&D since time immemorial, most DM's allowed players to mem lower level spells in higher level spell slots. In 3rd Edition, they formalized it:

3rd Ed SRD wrote:Spell Slots: The various character class tables show how many spells of each level a character can cast per day. These openings for daily spells are called spell slots. A spellcaster always has the option to fill a higher-level spell slot with a lower-level spell. A spellcaster who lacks a high enough ability score to cast spells that would otherwise be his or her due still gets the slots but must fill them with spells of lower level.

Could we please allow that here? I don't think it would drastically overpower any casters in particular, and would allow for perhaps more flexibility in the way people build up their mem lists...
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: A modest suggestion on spell memorization and praying

Postby Thilindel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 pm

2nd this!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:20 am

was supposed to be in toril 2.0 as a feat or whatever i remember reading it there anyway. but it'd be too powerful as things are right now and with that simple a way of doing it
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:41 pm

I agree, would be huge overpower for most casters. Also it says spells per day which would be like a bard and only get alloted # of spells a day. I'd rather not do that personaly. For balance, I dont think you could impliment 1 without balancing it with daily... so my vote would be no.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
kreznyk
Sojourner

Postby kreznyk » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:49 pm

so you mean my dream of a 10th circle magic missile will never come true? :(.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”