Some Snake Gripes

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Ssikin
Sojourner

Some Snake Gripes

Postby Ssikin » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:40 am

Okay I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing snake gripes but I got a couple myself... for those of you who don't know, I rarely if ever post so hopefully this won't come across as bitching but as wanting to balance the game out a little bit.

1. Snakes need an upgrade of some sort.
I didn't have a reason to post this until Earth Fog was added into the game. Simply put I think the spell is useful but makes being a yuan-ti ele comepltely not worth the time and effort. When I bitched about yuan-tis not having better int and agi then dooger's people always responded "Yeah, but your not dayblind." well now neither are dooger elementalist anymore. So that bonus means nil now. The only reason I haven't thrown Ssikin out is because I love playing a snake. I would like to see snakes get a bonus of some sort that was worth a damn to make playing my ele worth it.

2. Snakes need to be able to mount.
Not having legs does not mean you can't ride things.... anyone ever see someone ride side saddle? This is not a big thing and I'll only bitch about it if the above mentioned gripe is taken care of... (j/k :-P) but seriously there is times where mount would be great... especially since snakes don't get all that many moves to begin with... if mount can't be accomodated then being able to recline and slither (therefore losing the ability to cast and get items ect.) using less mvs would be the next best thing to not having mount.

I hope these things are taken into consideration and some info would be nice.

Thank you gods for a great mud and I hope this info helps you out a bit. 8)
Kasula OOC: 'the butt tells all... if your any bit fat... your butt will tell'
Kasula OOC: 'kinda like the crystal ball of the human body'
Zarel group-says 'I still need help thinking of what to restring my badge as.... and if you say a word ssikin I'll fucking firebomb your house.'
Nilan says 'consent me kazad'
Nilan says 'and dont revoke it or i come back and kill you'
Korin
Sojourner

Well sheesh, I'll reply then.

Postby Korin » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:18 am

- if you recline and slither to take less moves...

I like that idea! I have a yuan ele too that I really like.. But I havn't played him in many months for much of the same reasons. It gets frustrating.

The only gripes I'd add is the lack of tail eq. It can't be that hard to make some noob tail eq and put it in Hyssk...
~Drathlaen Winterfyre / Dronak / Sselir / Serae / Cerona / ... and my very happy [8th] shaman Bijo and her tiger! ^_^
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:15 pm

8)

Hey, at least your equipment restrictions mean diddly in SPOB =9
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:18 pm

Actually that's another funny thing... we can't wear the mage robes in SPOB because they're full body and we have no legs. :)
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:41 pm

Dezzex wrote:Actually that's another funny thing... we can't wear the mage robes in SPOB because they're full body and we have no legs. :)

Agree.

Can it be made such that full-body uses tail instead of legs on snake? If not, can we get some full-snake gear that works like full body but is tailored for the tails instead of legs?

(If the same full body gear can be worn on ogres and halflings, then why can't it be worn on those with/without legs?)

-Sservis
Todrael group-says 'i keep it in a jar, not much gura could do with it'
Todrael group-says 'i do have plenty of holes though'
Gura group-says 'afk gettin bateries'
Vriss
Sojourner

Postby Vriss » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:23 am

bump!

With fog it does seem's no one is really paying much attention to playing new snakes. Playing one now for the first time and I wonder why my moves wearing fly are eaten up so fast and what advantage - if any that snakes might have?

lots of good ideas and valid points in this thread.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:48 pm

they have no advantages only disadvantages, unless you count tailsweep, vipermind scaleskin.

ps, there are lots of tailrings in game now.

just the ones in hyssk are on R U MAD mobs, and have umf crud 4 stats*like most of the eq there*
wont post stats but they arnt worth the time to get to id...save +style
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:53 pm

snake warriors/rogues need more psp
all yaunti need a way of recharging psp faster

if you use ur skills as soon as they go out, you end up not being able to keep up.

either faster or more of it or both, rogues cant even try to befriend reptiles if he wants to keep skin/mind up.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”