3 10th Circle single damage spells

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
irta
Sojourner

3 10th Circle single damage spells

Postby irta » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:10 pm

I'd like to see eles get 3 10th circle single damage spells (one for each element except earth which I see as being handled just fine by earthblood) with hitting power on par with force missiles. The engulf in flame spell should be a quest as of course it is going to do huge damage to mobs that are particularly susceptible to fire damage. But the crushing water and all-consuming air spells should just be added. The crusihing water spell would have a high chance of knocking out fireshield and do additional damage underwater, and the all-consuming air a good chance to silence (knocks the wind out of it's target).

the Irta
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:30 pm

Okay Irta, I'm going to explain this to you nice and slow. Elementalists are NOT going to be getting a big upgrade, not now, not ever. Why you ask? Because they already are uber powerful. A mage class that has its own unlimited pets, has stone, can heal, can silence, can feeb, can blind, AND has decent area AND single target spell damage is NOT looking to be upgraded. :P Just look at the nerfing that shamans have gone through and be glad you haven't joined that list.

Yet.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:34 pm

Yep I totally agree with Diz ... elementalists are a friggin awesome class! We already get all the goodies everyone wants, and more .... leave them as they are ..

-Aerisia
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:50 pm

I not only agree with Dizz, even the idea of elementalists having a 10th circle damage spell to equal an invoker's made me cringe.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:36 pm

I definitely agree the class kicks butt, I certainly wouldn't ask for anything like force missiles but a 3rd single target spell capable of going through globe would be nice. The only single target spells we have above 6th circle as whirlwind and earthblood.

I almost never have whirlwinds memmed cause power word blind is so much handier in small ground situations and the damage on whirlwind isn't that great.

Problem with earthblood is in alot of situations it doesn't work cause the mob has no blood and it leaves us severly lacking in these situations. It doesn't work on non-corporeal mobs, elementals, golems, plants.

When doing a zone like FP or elemental tower where lava burst actually heals the mobs it really doesn't leave us much to use :P So maybe some other 9th or 10th level single target elemental themed spell with earthblood like damage, doesn't need to have any special effect.
Lil
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:54 pm

I'd like to see a 7th circle spell like acid ball! maybe make it do like harm damage, but just keep chipping away cuz it's hard to get off? Agree it'd only be target too. Maybe even just a water spell. Not sure what to call besides the tempting feedback of 'You've just been hosed!' welcome to TorilMud!
irta
Sojourner

10th circle vs. 8th

Postby irta » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:55 pm

Ashiwi wrote:I not only agree with Dizz, even the idea of elementalists having a 10th circle damage spell to equal an invoker's made me cringe.

Keep in mind that this is a 10th circle spell that is equal to an invoker's 8th circle and lich 9th circle, and hardly unbalancing. 10th circle spells are supposed to be powerful. This will help a class that has seen it's average elemental size shrink to 300 hps (with lots of them having less then 200 hps) and lowered connect rates on a lot of our spells.

the Irta
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: 10th circle vs. 8th

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:58 pm

irta wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:I not only agree with Dizz, even the idea of elementalists having a 10th circle damage spell to equal an invoker's made me cringe.

Keep in mind that this is a 10th circle spell that is equal to an invoker's 8th circle and lich 9th circle, and hardly unbalancing. 10th circle spells are supposed to be powerful. This will help a class that has seen it's average elemental size shrink to 300 hps (with lots of them having less then 200 hps) and lowered connect rates on a lot of our spells.

the Irta

I strongly disagree with that. Ele's don't get feedback. Having mutiple spells within 10th NOT overlapping would make a small group of ele's godlike.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:05 pm

Lilithelle wrote:I definitely agree the class kicks butt, I certainly wouldn't ask for anything like force missiles but a 3rd single target spell capable of going through globe would be nice. The only single target spells we have above 6th circle as whirlwind and earthblood.

I almost never have whirlwinds memmed cause power word blind is so much handier in small ground situations and the damage on whirlwind isn't that great.

Problem with earthblood is in alot of situations it doesn't work cause the mob has no blood and it leaves us severly lacking in these situations. It doesn't work on non-corporeal mobs, elementals, golems, plants.

When doing a zone like FP or elemental tower where lava burst actually heals the mobs it really doesn't leave us much to use :P So maybe some other 9th or 10th level single target elemental themed spell with earthblood like damage, doesn't need to have any special effect.
Lil

Leave it to Lili to summarize the situation better then me (I probably shouldn't have mentioned Force Missile type damage). A 10th circle target spell with earthblood like damage that works on non-flesh mobs would be great.

the Irta
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:10 pm

Shrug. Elementalists aren't meant to do damage. So you have only 2 damage spells that go through globe. That's one more than enchanters and 1 less than illusionists. And just because you dont like to mem whirlwinds doesn't mean that you CANT mem them.

And that "oh woe is me Lava Burst heals fire elementals" Elementalists have *2* area effect Ice-based damage spells. Not even Invokers can boast that. Hell, Ice storm shouldn't even be counted, so Elementalists have the only real ice-based area spells unless you count goodie-only hailstorm.

Elementalists are a versatile class made to adapt to any situation. Just because they dont do voker-like damage doesn't make them in need of an addition.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:56 am

8)

Consider this:

Sever the Tie

10th circle

As a master of conjuring things from other planes of existance, elementalists know how to send them back, just as well. This spell does massive (force missiles+) damage to elementals, celestials, and demons, and has a chance of utterly destroying them while they are weakened (ala ice tomb). This spell does nothing while off the prime material plane.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:49 am

Xebes pwns Sever the Tie.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:22 pm

Dalar wrote:Xebes pwns Sever the Tie.

?
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:16 pm

Sever the Tie is actually a psionic ability used against undead to sever their tie to the Negative Material plane. It doesn't work against Lichs, Vampires or other greater undead but against skeletons, zombies, ghouls, and the like it's deadly. Xebes plays a psi somewhere else that's why he's the own on sever the tie.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:16 pm

would be nice to have a elemental and a mephit though..

not like the mephit does anything, they suck at tanking, have no hp... would be their only for visual/rp reasons. and would give the elemental someone to talk to :)

and in no way is unbalancing.

and by a gods own words speakin on how "great" mephits are.. what did ya expect ..."its only a third circle spell"
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:14 pm

Zoldren wrote:would be nice to have a elemental and a mephit though..

not like the mephit does anything, they suck at tanking, have no hp... would be their only for visual/rp reasons. and would give the elemental someone to talk to :)

and in no way is unbalancing.

and by a gods own words speakin on how "great" mephits are.. what did ya expect ..."its only a third circle spell"

Last I checked, you can have a mephit and an elemental as long as you make the mephit first...
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv

*~~~~~~~~~~*

"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:03 pm

i know, make a spell that sacrifices your elemental to explode in your enemy's face!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:03 am

Lets compare the 3 mage pet classes, shall we?

Help skill_necro
7th circle: haste, dimension door, protect undead, animate wraith, beltyns burning
blood, corpse glamor
8th circle: rain of blood, blackmantle, destroy undead,
animate spectre
9th circle: abi dalzims horrid wilting, (*) vampiric curse, eradicate undead,
globe of invulnerability, animate ghost
10th circle: banshee wail, Boneshatter

How many single target spells does a necromancer have that goes through globe and can be used on any mob?
Zero.

Help skill_lich
7th circle: locate remains
8th circle: life drain
9th circle: lich touch
10th circle: living rot, ice tomb, death pact, banshee wail

How many single target spells does a lich have that goes through globe and can be used on any mob?
1. Ice tomb.

Which class is the better pet class: Necro, Lich, or Elementalist?
The no-brainer answer is: Elementalist. (That’s why everyone and their mother is now leveling one up.)

What can Elementalists do that Necromancers and Lich’s cannot?
Locate Object – extremely useful for questing
Clairvoyance – extremely useful for putting groups together and organizing players
Relocate
Gate
Stone
Blind
Silence

Go ahead. Explain to me why this class needs to have anything more? I could use a good laugh.

Edited, Thanks for the Update Chandigar.
Last edited by Sesexe on Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:40 am

Ummm... boneshatter has the same restricts as beltyns.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:27 am

You left out these.

Necro/Lich
Innate whine: no Gate/Relo (very powerful while telling rangers to suck it up)
Locate Paladin (highly useful if you wanna get back to your hometown quickly and don't care about EQ)
Innate Creepy (Built in Halloween costume... Saves a ton of cash)
Innate whine: We aren't alive so 'X' effect shouldn't bother us (this works anytime they die from poison, gas, piercing attacks, cold, lack of 'Getting Some')

Elementalist
Innate whine that even though they can do everything, everything is not enough. (Great for snagging advantages when other classes get something new)
Innate Solo (Very good for when you find a rare and need to tell the half formed group to SUCK IT)
Innate OMFG (Can invoke this reaction when they tell people of their latest cheese exploit)
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:01 pm

rofl :lol:
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
irta
Sojourner

evil eles

Postby irta » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:01 pm

[quote="Salen"]You left out these.

Locate Paladin (highly useful if you wanna get back to your hometown quickly and don't care about EQ)
[lquote]

Us evil eles get Locate Paladin too! It's an advantage for both groups!

the irta
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:51 pm

Sesexe wrote:What can Elementalists do that Necromancers and Lich’s cannot?
Locate Object – extremely useful for questing
Clairvoyance – extremely useful for putting groups together and organizing players
Relocate
Gate
Stone
Blind
Silence

Don't forget that sunblocking spell so Underdark races can see in daylight. Necro/Lich can't do that either.

Nice thread PWNage btw.

-Caedym Shadowhock

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”