pet gear

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
irta
Sojourner

pet gear

Postby irta » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:11 pm

any chance the gear your pet is wearing can just appear in your inventory after a crash?
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:41 pm

An earth ele with a full set of warrior gear? I think not....

If your ele gets to blind with an ebony/wield gythka/pick up 30/30 h/d... you should risk losing it on crash.

Only way that'd fly is if warriors/rogues get to rent level 40 clerics and enchanters to follow them around.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:14 pm

Salen wrote:An earth ele with a full set of warrior gear? I think not....

If your ele gets to blind with an ebony/wield gythka/pick up 30/30 h/d... you should risk losing it on crash.

Only way that'd fly is if warriors/rogues get to rent level 40 clerics and enchanters to follow them around.

I would think that if this was intended that elementals simply wouldn't be able to wear warrior gear. The fear of crashes isn't exactly a good means of maintaining balance.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:20 am

seems to me that it's the same risk you take with using an uncursed weapon. If you fumble it and there is a crash you lose it. It's the price you pay for the power you have.
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Saddlebags

Postby Lorsalian » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:49 am

As a correlary to Irta's suggestion, what about merely the pets inventory, and any containers on their person? Seems strange to have a packhorse that will somehow bury or devour any spare coins you may strap to its saddlebags (as well as the saddlebag itself)

If this is still considered bad, could make horses have simply a "saddlebag" slot. The bags would be unwearable by PC's, but wearable and rentable by the horses.

*shrug*

Lorsalian
Unsure why I keep shrugging in my posts, by *shrug* :p
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:47 am

I may be missing something, but pets are fodder. If an ele is so spectacular that it gets dressed up, what's the point unless a cleric is there..if that's the case, just remake a new ele. I don't feel eq should be saved whatsoever...I'm just happy ele's and treants can wear stuff. Leave it at that :)
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:40 am

The point is... currently pets can use nearly any eq. IF I could stack an earth elemental with huge hitter gear, say DK (if it would proc for them), I could use them to thrash mobs. They tank, I pwb. If they die, I pick up eq and give it to my next of many endless pets. I don't need a healer or a tank for many mobs.

Elementalists can nearly guarantee their own safety in soloing mobs, combine that with a tank that can para/blind/etc, and they are unstoppable.

Ask Inama what she could do if she didn't have to risk that eq would be lost on a crash and ele poof. That should answr any questions about why this is a bad idea.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:21 am

Salen wrote:The point is... currently pets can use nearly any eq. IF I could stack an earth elemental with huge hitter gear, say DK (if it would proc for them), I could use them to thrash mobs. They tank, I pwb. If they die, I pick up eq and give it to my next of many endless pets. I don't need a healer or a tank for many mobs.

Elementalists can nearly guarantee their own safety in soloing mobs, combine that with a tank that can para/blind/etc, and they are unstoppable.

Ask Inama what she could do if she didn't have to risk that eq would be lost on a crash and ele poof. That should answr any questions about why this is a bad idea.

My thought is there should be a sub-section of eq they can use, such as shields, and this should appear in the caster's inventory at the end.

the Irta
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:21 am

Salen wrote:The point is... currently pets can use nearly any eq. IF I could stack an earth elemental with huge hitter gear, say DK (if it would proc for them), I could use them to thrash mobs. They tank, I pwb. If they die, I pick up eq and give it to my next of many endless pets. I don't need a healer or a tank for many mobs.

My thought is there should be a very limited subset of eq they can use, such as shields, and this should appear in the caster's inventory in the case of a crash.

the Irta
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:24 am

I've already tried this and given my pets full sets of hitter gear. The part where this concept falls apart is where your pet is only level 35 and can't hit the mob because level is too important for hitting purposes. Tank gear works better on pets, because level is less important for tanking, but they still don't tank nearly as well as a pc.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:26 am

8)

Salen, having a pet fully strung out in hitter gear doesn't work in zones, because the pet is only level 35 and can't hit effectively. I've tried it already and the pet does well against mobs below level 50, but those higher level mobs are very difficult for level 35 pets to hit.

Pets tanking with gear works a little bit better, except that they are very difficult to boss into rescuing people. That, and since they are level 35, they don't tank nearly as well as a level 50 pc.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:18 pm

F it. Let them do it...

An earth elemental that is 30/30 (maybe 40/40 after changes) with a gythka prolly isn't very tough.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:51 pm

point is liches from the past soloing eq just to give it to their pets, having pets walking around with better eq than some people destroying shit.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:55 pm

5 ghast wearing a full set of eq...

I'm all for this suggestion, even though it would break a lot of things.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:44 pm

they should just make pets not able to wear anything other than earring about body shields etc..

having eq returned to owner is a great idea, sometimes you need to have pets wear eq, pff for brass and what not. Ive lost at least 6 sets of griffon wings in the past 4 months due to crashes because my wraith form insubstantial levitating that gets stuck in no ground rooms and cant seem to fly pet

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”