Disarm Syntax

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Stamm
Sojourner

Disarm Syntax

Postby Stamm » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:13 pm

Disarm will only work against the target you are currently beating on.

E.g. a drow an orc and a troll in the room. I'm hitting on the drow, no matter what happens I cannot attempt to disarm anything but the drow.

In order to disarm the drow I type 'disarm drow dagger'

Now that's all fine. But what if there's 3 drow, and they all have daggers and I'm fighting all three because I'm a brave dwarf and I'm not afraid of nancing drow elves.

I have to find out which one I'm fighting... which isn't easy. Or I have to switch to 1.drow to make sure.

Why not have disarm not need a target and it will attempt to disarm the mob you are currently fighting (which remember is the only mob you can attempt to disarm anyway)

Further to this it may be possible to drop the weapon from the command as well. But this might cause problems if the target is dual wielding. What if it's a drow rogue with a longsword and a dagger, I type disarm and it goes for the longsword. It'd still need to be able to take a target.

Hope that's all clear :)
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:22 pm

Nobody felt they had anything to add here? Even if it was a 'Nah, leave it' or a 'Yeah, that bugs me too'?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:29 pm

I assumed everybody agrees! I know it's pretty silly to have to target some things. Farsee, sense life..etc spells if you tag the 'me' on while casting it says can only be done on self. By default you should disarm whatever you're engaged and hitting.
Mielikki
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Mielikki » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:37 pm

I'll take a look at making it so there is no need to specify a target. It does seem silly indeed.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”