Ultravision

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:05 pm

<worn on eyes> Thanuk's ball sack
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:10 pm

<whole head> The Roman War Helmet
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:55 pm

yes yes put dk across some ocean so its just as screwed as hyssk. can we just have a new nondayblind race that doesnt suck?
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:27 pm

I love ultravision - my current primary char is dayblind and I have never really found it to be a "show-stopper" problem, more of a pain in the ass time sink as Diz mentions above.

However..

I - Dayblind highbies:

At the moment a goodie caster can solve his "night vision problem" with a first circle spell mage flame or a 1 copper torch.

For me to attempt surface work during the day my "day vision problem" requires two earth fogs which occupies two 8th circle slots
(I practice "safe mudding" - fog lasts ~4 minutes, and a spare is needed if the first drops and I have been to busy to mem in the last 4 mins. 8 mins is probably enough to get me through to the next night, depending on where i am)

For the power of ultravision I think the "loss" of two 8th circle spell slots is probably a fair trade.

I think all other dayblinds should have the choice of making a similar (class dependant?) sacrifice to see during the day. Make an item that is entire head and perma-earth fog (or similar) with otherwise shitty stats.

II - Dayblind for lowbies in DK:

I was in tears of laughter the day Turxx took a bunch of us newbie/lowbie ultra's from DK to HP/ship for the first time. The 3 or 4 of us were trying to follow Turxx's directions, and especially in the narrow rooms along the rocky path before calimsham desert, it was just crazy funny.

Eventually though, you get the hang of moving around blind.

There's alot of places for a lowbie ultra to explore/die around DK before sun-blind becomes a problem. Most real newbies will be dead before they get out of Mir forest due to low level aggs. Those that somehow make it past the aggs won't make it far due to the huge movement penalty associated with walking through mountains, so CR will be easy. If the newbie heads UD dayblind is not a prob.

III - Dayblind for lowbies in GH and Xyz:

Dayblind is not really a problem until they make it to DK, and out of Mir. Then see II. I don't think a newbie would survive the UD-lake skeldech trip due to the half dozen mid level aggs.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:19 am

duegars easily have the best innates. strength, enlarge, invis

the best drow innate is darkness. levitate is useful occasionally.

ultra vision is really a pain for zone leaders and for new people.

The disclaimer needs to stay up, it was Miax that said he was going to remove the evil is harder disclaimer i believe. Being harder has more to do with leveling, it has to do with a smaller pbase, more agressive mobs in or near town, ultra, the world load agros.

Leveling is not the only metric for determining difficulty.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”