dagger of greed

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

change the proc?

to platinum!
48%
to gold!
11%
too a description accurate, life drain!
11%
no.
30%

Total votes: 44
Ihazim
Sojourner

dagger of greed

Postby Ihazim » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:12 pm

it should proc platinum or gold! it IS a dagger of greed....

or if we want to be accurate with the proc, life drain! But i would settle for a money proc.

-iha how do you spell that
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:40 pm

I think based on the overwhelming opinion of others we see above, we should change the proc to proc platinum coins!
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:36 am

Ihazim wrote:I think based on the overwhelming opinion of others we see above, we should change the proc to proc platinum coins!

Longwinded statistics response:

The "overwhelming" opinion is not in favor of a platinum proc. At this point in time, out of 25 votes 15 were for something _other_ than a platinum proc. This means that the majority were not in favor of a platinum proc, they were in favor of something else. The fact that they are divided on what that something else is does not change the information supplied by the poll.

On the other hand, 15 out of 25 were in favor of a coin proc of some sort. It is a fair statement to say that the majority is in favor of a coin proc and among those in favor of a coin proc two thirds support a platinum proc. So it is a fair statement to say that out of those supporting a coin proc most prefer a platinum proc.

However, it is not fair to say that the majority support a platinum proc because 15/25 voted for something else, and we can assume that the 10 individuals who did not vote for a coin proc of some sort would probably not have voted for a platinum proc if forced to choose between different types of coin procs.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:23 am

get a life :p
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:45 am

He just said what I was thinking... :P
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:39 am

Get a brain and I won't be forced to contradict you. Don't bother running a poll if you can't even come close to correctly interpreting the results. "Overwhelming opinion" did bring a nice laugh for me so at least you were humorous.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:44 am

How many people honestly give a monkey's nipple about the dagger of greed? Yeah, I thought so...

And I overwhelmed your mothers...
Meatshield
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:41 am

i'm gonna have to agree with stamm.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:21 am

Dalar wrote:i'm gonna have to agree with stamm.

I find it harder to take seriously from someone with 2,500 bboard posts.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:30 am

othelil wrote:

2448! Get it right! Jesus, can't you read stats? :)
Meatshield
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:45 am

othelil wrote:

Dunno, don't need 2400+ posts to know that people need to get a life, or have to much time on their hands :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:28 pm

Okay, wading through all the flaming very carefully, I've come to the other side and want to say...

I think the dagger of greed should proc so that coins are stolen from your group members' pockets and deposited into yours. All those coins have to come from somewhere, right?
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:11 pm

I think it should proc piles of copper, so the rogue gets weighed down and can't move. :P

Or have it steal items from mobs.. say you're fighting a mob with a rareload in inventory, it procs and you get the item.. your group members don't have to know that it loaded! Pure greed baby!
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:37 pm

*jumps back into the flames* Actually, since this is not a random sample by any stretch of the imagination the poll does not show an overwhelming support for any of the options. All you can tell from this poll is the number of individuals who read the BBS AND cared enough to respond to the thread/vote. To actually determine the opinion of the mud (and why that opinion is more valid then the administrators', coders', or a Thanuk's mom's I don't know) the sample would have to be random.

Hey, they made me take statistics don't blame me for remembering some of it!
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:37 am

Marforp wrote:*jumps back into the flames* Actually, since this is not a random sample by any stretch of the imagination the poll does not show an overwhelming support for any of the options.

<flame, cause you asked for it>
Wrong. You're quite right that it needs to be a random sample to be an accurate representation of the opinion of the mud as a whole, but since no one claimed that it was representative of the mud's opinion your point is moot and appears to be a simple regurgitation of something you heard in statistics. When someone claims this, or any poll on the bboard, is an accurate representation of the opinion of all Toril mudders then you can jump on them. However, the poll does show support for various options from the population of people who cared enough to respond, and that is all that was ever claimed.

In other words, you just made a reasonably compelling argument for something that had positively no relevance to prior discussion in the thread. Learn when and where to apply what you do know, don't just repeat verbatim things from class when it looks like the opportunity might have presented itself.
</flame>
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:11 am

Here's a stat fact for y'all...

100% of people who read this thread think Othelil has too much time on his hands.
90% of people who have read this thread are wondering how the hell did this start from discussing the dagger of greed.
80% of people who have read this thread wish they didn't.
75% of people who have read this thread had their IQ dropped.
65% of people who have read this thread think stats are for dorks.
50% of people who have read this thread had "relations" with someone's mother...
40% of people who have read this thread are Vahokamanics.
30% of people who have read this thread slept through their own stats classes in post secondary education.
25% of people who have read this thread understand what the hell Othelil is babbling out.
10% of people who have read this thread give a shit what Othelil is babbling out.
5% of people who have a degree in statistics have seen a live member of the opposite sex naked without paying for it.
1% of people give a rat's ass about stats.

Stats can be fun and interesting!
Meatshield
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:35 am

Vahok wrote:1% of people give a rat's ass about stats.

:(
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:54 pm

Vahok wrote:Here's a stat fact for y'all...
75% of people who have read this thread had their IQ dropped.

Ooops, I bumped your IQ off the table. Apparently you fall into that category.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:57 pm

I don't have any interest in the dagger of greed.
But rogue daggers hardly need any upgrades.
Statistics are just a tool, I cannot fathom out why there are some people who do not see through statistics.
The mud does not need a weapon that produces coins.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:05 pm

Okay, we've all agreed that it's fairly worthless, now somebody needs to sell me one for my collection!
Clangeddin
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Clangeddin » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:02 pm

I have a couple of ideas I'm entertaining to make this dagger live up to its name.

Yes, it involves cash.

No, I won't tell you anything else.
Clangeddin Silverbeard, Lord of the Twin Axes
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:06 pm

Holy crap its Muma-man, OOC superhero!

Don't lie, your gonna make it proc so the owner is always the fastest to ninjaloot the corpse.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Clangeddin
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Clangeddin » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:09 pm

Actually I was thinking about restringing it as 'Thanuk's ATM card' and having it hack your RL bank account on proc.

Or maybe just project an image of yer mom and have the mob give her the cash.
Clangeddin Silverbeard, Lord of the Twin Axes
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:22 pm

Muamman wrote:Actually I was thinking about restringing it as 'Thanuk's ATM card' and having it hack your RL bank account on proc.

Well then the jokes on you cuz im broke as f**k!

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:35 am

othelil wrote:

well coming from someone who's quite new you won't know what I posted about before. I normally don't post in general discussion, so alot of my posts were about game issues or flaming people like you.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:27 pm

Dalar wrote:
othelil wrote:

well coming from someone who's quite new you won't know what I posted about before. I normally don't post in general discussion, so alot of my posts were about game issues or flaming people like you.

People "like me?" I had no idea I was a type, that's super. Not only that, but a type you apparently love to flame (since you say one of your two types of posts is flaming people like me). Oh the attention, how lovely.

Statistically speaking what I do know is that you have 2.52% of all posts on the entire bboard, averaging 2.42 posts per day. Since the inception of this bboard out of every 200 posts slightly more than five were yours. That seems quite excessive, especially considering we have to figure in reading time, writing time, and I'd say thinking time but there's obviously none of that.

Riiiight, so for almost three years you've been posting five posts every two days and I'm the one who needs to get a life. Suuuuuuurrrrrrre.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Get over it. You both need a life. If you can't see that, then you need a lot more than a life.

Now pardon me while I return to my own delusions.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:07 pm

You aren't factoring in that dartan's posts are usually 10 words or less, and often get posted 2-5 times in a row:)

Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:19 pm

More fantastic stats from Othelil! JOY!

And to think it isn't even Christmas yet...
Meatshield
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:20 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Get over it. You both need a life. If you can't see that, then you need a lot more than a life.

Now pardon me while I return to my own delusions.

I've never really understood the fascination of people telling others that they need to get lives. Usually it stems from the person who is saying its own insecurity. I'm quite happy with my life. If I edge some of my boredom off in my last few weeks of work by posting occasionally, that's my perogative. But after work cuts out you won't see me around the bulletin board because I have things I'd rather be doing.

What that entails is of no import because all that really matters is that I am happy with it. So no, I don't need a life, I like my life and all that it entails just fine. Your opinion that this implies I need a lot more of a life is just plain silly.

For those who would like to see me depart, however, you'll get your wish a week from Sunday when I flee my temporary post here to return to my "normal" life. At that point I will not have enough time to pursue mud ventures or bboard postings so I will doubtless fall off the face of the earth. Equipment handouts to commence soon. And then it'll be Christmas ;)
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:27 pm

I don't think most want you to leave (well, maybe some do..I'm not their agents) but man, drop the pointless stats and flame bait you seem to enjoy setting.
Meatshield
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:35 pm

Othelil you got issues. Many people can vouch for my vast knowledge of the game. I post about many different aspects of the game, and I sometimes correct people or call people like you, players who think they know something, idiots. 5 posts a day? I wouldn't be surprised. Everytime I see a good idea or someone is arguing with me, I post. It's people like you who raise my post count.

othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:35 pm

Vahok wrote:I don't think most want you to leave (well, maybe some do..I'm not their agents) but man, drop the pointless stats and flame bait you seem to enjoy setting.

Hehe, if it isn't obvious I'm not particularly familiar with the bboard culture. This is the first one I've posted more than ~2 posts to. *shrug* =)
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:49 pm

Whoops, didn't mean to imply that there were people who actively wanted me to leave and I was asceding to their wishes or anything, just that those people might exist and as a point of fact I do happen to be leaving. They're actually unrelated thoughts that got strung together. So don't send me tells or PM's! And as for handouts :P, I already know who the stuff is going to.
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:57 pm

Dalar wrote:Othelil you got issues. Many people can vouch for my vast knowledge of the game. I post about many different aspects of the game, and I sometimes correct people or call people like you, players who think they know something, idiots. 5 posts a day? I wouldn't be surprised. Everytime I see a good idea or someone is arguing with me, I post. It's people like you who raise my post count.

Ummm, is it just me or are we not talking about the same thing here? I never called your knowledge of the game into question, but you're welcome to defend it anyway. I mean, heck, knock yourself out.

As for posting in this thread, you apparently believe I fall into the "I sometimes correct people or call people like you, players who think they know something, idiots" category. And I'm an idiot because of what? I told someone they were wrong? I didn't claim any immense game knowledge beyond you, so don't wory about your pride and please stop defending it, you just look silly. All I did was tell someone they had an incorrect interpretation. That doesn't mean I "think" I know something, the supplied argument and correct interpretation means I do. If that makes me an idiot in your eyes, you need a head check.

Get over it and jump off your high horse. I'm not the one with issues, at least I know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about it. Don't bring bizarre and unrelated subjects into the middle of nothing in an effort to prove that you're better than me, because I honestly don't care.
Last edited by othelil on Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:59 pm

Hi! I'm super smart and have a great life! I'm just dropping in to smack some intel on yo pathetic asses! I will analyze why people flame me and insult them when they respond! Then I will sit back all high and mighty and pretend like everyone is beneath me. Really I'm just begging for attention in any way I can get because I feel sad inside cuz of my small pipi. I feel better about myself now because I showed my smarts wif numberz, made fun of dum peepull and extolled the wonders of my secret supercool life! Nevermind that I showed myself to be a social retard. Please enjoy the Otheil show!
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:02 pm

Waelos wrote:Hi! I'm super smart and have a great life! I'm just dropping in to smack some intel on yo pathetic asses! I will analyze why people flame me and insult them when they respond! Then I will sit back all high and mighty and pretend like everyone is beneath me. Really I'm just begging for attention in any way I can get because I feel sad inside cuz of my small pipi. I feel better about myself now because I showed my smarts wif numberz, made fun of dum peepull and extolled the wonders of my secret supercool life! Nevermind that I showed myself to be a social retard. Please enjoy the Otheil show!

I had no idea it was such a show. Is it syndicated? When do I get my paycheck?
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:12 pm

Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:49 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.

I agree with Myna-bird here. Get the thread back on topic.
Kossuth -- TorilMUD Administrator

Astine OOC: 'ask not what I do to your mom, ask what my mom will do to you'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:12 pm

Kossuth wrote:
mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.

I agree with Myna-bird here. Get the thread back on topic.

This thread had a topic?

Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:07 pm

dude, didnt you read how engorged everyone was about making the dagger of greed proc platinum in the first 2 posts?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:28 pm

yeah but Muma-Man the OOC superhero said he was gonna work on it, so now its time to degenerate this thread into a nonsensical flame war. What are you new or something?

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:56 pm

thanuk wrote:yeah but Muma-Man the OOC superhero said he was gonna work on it, so now its time to degenerate this thread into a nonsensical flame war. What are you new or something?

Your mom.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”